Is there a better pleb filter?

I can instantly tell if someone knows nothing about kino if they didn't understand A Ghost Story

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yXCCpcsp4
youtube.com/watch?v=oCbQcUICLPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would have worked better as a short. They didn't have enuogh content to make a feature-length movie so they just made every scene drag on twice as long as it should have been.

Inb4 VVitch was a pleb filter. It was prententious and not even scary. Never seen another movie with that awful dialogue.

if you liked okja you're a fucking retard

This movie was shit, OP. Adolescent garbage.

plens

It's the kind of thing a teenager would think was really deep. You should be embarrassed to be honest.

it reminds me so much to the three of life, am i crazy? I think that at the end is the same topic

It was really good. Not Marvel enough for Sup Forums taste of course.

Why do you people insist that when you don't like a movie other people like, it must be because they think it's really deep and you're just really clever for seeing through it? No ones claiming it was 2deep4u. Just accept it was a genuinely good film and you have shit taste, you aren't half as smart as you think you are.

these, it could make a good music video maybe. But there's literally no substance - there's nothing to understand, everything is spoonfed to us.

VVitch IS pleb filter, consider yourself filtered, pleb

Why? It was ok

Absolutely loved this movie the first 60 minutes or so, then there is that balding dude monologue that feels completely out of place and like the director is talking directly to me, insulting my intelligence, along with bad EDM music in the background.

Completely took me out of the film and made it drop to a 7/10.

What the fuck was the director thinking?

Outing yourself like only a pleb can.

>it's a "Rooney Mara eats a whole pie will sitting on the floor in bare feet" episode

>No ones claiming it was 2deep4u
Did you even read the OP? That's exactly the claim it's making.

What did the message say?

Wow, man, you probably didn't get the fact that it was a poignant critique of capitalism. Probably too dumb. It's supposed to make you think.

This thread is literally about that, dumbass.

>Just like what I like and stop having opinions

L m a o

"the pie was vegan"

Having interesting, engaging stories actually makes a film worse in some eyes. It's just about visuals and symbolism and performances. Just look at There Will be Blood. That's not really a message, just something you can conclude watching all these films on a "greatest films of the decade" list.

I can instantly tell if someone knows nothing about kino if they didn't understand Inception.

On that tiny slip of paper? Get real.

That movie was for little children.

Fight Club on the other hand, is a true pleb filter.

I can instantly tell if someone knows nothing about kino if they didn't understand Fight Club.

Get real. Not even close. Ever heard of Primer? Yeah, it'll make your brain melt.

I can instantly tell if someone knows nothing about kino if they didn't understand Primer.

I hated the part in Hateful eight when Quentin Tarantino directly talked to the audience explaining everything, i was having fun with the movie then i felt like he insulted the viewers intelligence with that and it was very out of place.

I think he just kept that in because the original performances of Hateful 8 were literally just Tarantino reading a script to a room full of people.

Oh, there was a paper? I thought you were asking for the message of the movie. I haven't watched the film in years. Never mind, then.,

I can instantly tell if someone knows nothing about kino if they didn't understand Marley & Me: The Puppy Years

>Sup Forums will defend braindead meandering hipster schlock like this and Song to Song just because they have RoonRoon in em while shitting on masterfully crafted projects featuring breakout performances like It Comes At Night

Sorry, 10 minutes of Rooney eating a pie while Casey Affleck or more likely a stand-in jerks off in a corner with a bedsheet over him is NOT kino no matter how charming the """cinematography""" tries to be

It Comes At Night is better, but still mediocre at best

>No one will ever believe you

There is nothing meandering about this. There is a beautiful tale of ghost's life and death. I'm sorry you are unable to appreciate the mastery it takes to evoke feelings with just a slight movement of a blank sheet.

>Tacking StS suddenly into the "argument"
Looks like you are just a fucking brainlet.

>hope you know the master race is caucasian
>thanks to you for watching lost in translation

so what did the note say

>Ich habe einen Juden mit einem tollwütigen Elsässer getötet
>Sorry if that part was lost in translation

>mastery
You mean subtitles?

I liked the way the ghost used time travel so he could see what it was like when the pilgrims settled America, that was pretty cool

Mulholland Drive maybe? Anytime someone says "what just happened?" I know they're pleb as fuck

didn't really time travel, he just lived so long that the universe reset and he's just watching the world do the same thing all over again, that's why we see two ghosts near the end

That was a different ghost dude. That was the ghost that woke them up in the middle of the night near the start of the movie.

It was really shit, only retards could possibly like this

Batman v Superman

BOO

So what you're saying is that if I dig through the wreckage of this demolished house I can find an extremely personal note written by Rooney Mara and seen by no one else.

>The paper says "BOO!"
>That's why the ghost vanishes when he reads it because he gets so fucking spooked

Damn

yes

One complaint: that guy rattling on at the party about philosophy and stuff would never be tolerated that long. People were acting interested, if you really did that at a party people would flee to the other room and you'd never get invited to another party again.

DON'T CRY ROONEY

t. someone who's never been at a party

Disregard shitposters OP. I enjoyed it. It's a good film.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yXCCpcsp4

>0:43

yes that is the length of the webm

>not posting the full 4 minutes of pie kino

I've been to lots of them. No way you get away with that shit. Maybe if everyone is just getting high and sitting around or something.

good luck making a 4 minute webm under 3mb

sure you did kiddo

The other Ghost that Affleck sees is probably a ghost looking for the note the little girl hid under a rock in the pioneer scene before she died. Pretty sad desu

2 minute limit on Sup Forums

4 minutes is only of /wsg/ and /gif/

It depends on how drunk everyone is, i had people entertained and even got sex because everyone was so wasted and suddenly everyone was paying attention to who plato was

>going to parties where everyone gathers around some autistic dude giving some basic-ass nihilistic rant

Do a 2x2 splitscreen then, brainlet. Apply yourself.

make it yourself then faggot

what is a pleb

Just watch the whole thing on youtube, forget making a webm that crappy.
youtube.com/watch?v=oCbQcUICLPs

If you have to ask...

Anyone else feel like it's been impossible to talk film on Sup Forums lately? It's like the Marvel squad is in every thread.

WAT

It was affleck, you idiot. After he died he sees time in nonlinear ways. It was affleck in pioneer scene, and it was affleck that took the note and vanished at the end.

I'm talking about the neighbour ghost you fuck. The one that forgot who it was waiting for.

Using the word kino unironically is a pleb filter. It makes you look like a 15 year old idiot.

>people keep saying mara eats a whole pie
>looking forward to the scene, wondering how a tiny woman will eat a whole pie
>she doesn't even eat half of it

Biggest letdown ever

I'd eat her whole pie, though.

F I L T E R E D