It (2017) was overhyped

Just got home from watching IT. First I'll say that even though it was mediocre, it was fun to hang out with people for once. So not a waste of money.

That movie was overhyped to me.
I'm picky about my horror films. The scare factor was way too intentional and that made it cheesy.

Only disturbing part was the drain scene because I frequently have to snake my drain and it's the most horrifying thing every time I do. The kids should all star in their own comedy film because that was the only part of the film I enjoyed, was their banter.

Original was boring and so was the remake. Twisty the clown from AHS is 10x better

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LrMpCo06ulg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Twisty the clown from AHS is 10x better

>horror
That's where you're wrong kiddo. I would call it psychological thriller. Horrors are for dumbfucks who want to be scared for a while.

>calls others dumbfucks
>doesn't know the difference between horror and terror
>thinks horror is scary

fuck off brainlet

so, you were hyped because of a coming of age-drama?
you bloody damned kid, go fuck yourself!

I liked it. Eddie was gold.

>hang out with people
You mean the other patrons? You sound like a miserable loner.

I also liked it. It wasn't scary in a traditional horror sense but there was always something new and fucked up happening and not a lot of wasted screen time so that was cool. It's also pretty faithful to the book from my understanding.

Who cares I liked it.

Don't get me wrong but The Badabook did all of this better

I watched it because Sup Forums was memeing it to be bad and holy fuck you faggots were wrong.
>Some of the best kid acting I've ever seen
>Bill as Pennywise killed the role
>Effects were well done for the small budget (fridge scene in particular)
>Great cinematography
>Good blend of horror and comedy, with a nice coming of age story
Easy 8.5/10

>Stephen King BTFO Trump on Twitter
>dominates the box office
>Trump gets so anally ravaged he personally blocks King
>meanwhile in Trump town

And not ONE kid in the movie was texting or using their phone to kill the clown which wouls be the case if it took place today. Phones make it too easy to get out of a bad movie situation. That's why 80's horror is so comfy.

>it was fun to hang out with people for once

>Angry Sup Forumstards are the ones memeing that this movie is bad
It all makes sense now

>bunch of preteen kids enter a completely bloody bathroom
>they start cleaning it

???

op here, this is a post my friend did on Facebook

this person unironically voted for Trump, maybe this person is pissed due to

>it was fun to hang out with people for once

>I'm picky about my horror
>watches American Horror Story
Pick one fag

how is pennywise speaking like an old brit good? are you stupid?

also Twisty doesn't speak he just looks spooky. The only good thing about AhS was Bowie songs in Freak Show

>b8 so weak, only responses to it are circlejerking
Apply yourselves.

>bait

do you guys like anything?

It was mediocre.
They show too much.

In the old movie all kids have their pros and cons, Ben is smart, Bev is the one who cracks IT's head, Stan is the righteous man, Mark the nerdy photo guy... in the new movie Bill is the one who makes the pipe experiment, he is the one to confront IT, he is the one to beat him first and even when Ben kisses the girl he has to fucking kiss the girl too. Not the others but him. That triggered me to no end, even though Richie was a boss.

They also showed too much. It was more about "le creepy clown in the haunted house xD" than a fucking child-eater horror from a time before time. IT is not supposed to be scary, just unsettling. It's a happy clown which gives you the spooks because you feel something is very fucking wrong there. It's the same reason people are scared of skinwalker stories. They see a normal human but there's always those dreadful things that tell you that something is very wrong.

And where the fuck is the entire arc with Ben? They turned Ben into Mark and Mark into a token-ish chatacter, ruining them both.

Horror is more a theatrical thing. That's why vampires aren't scary anymore. You'd go and see something mystic and inexplicable in a show with smoke and mirrors and even after overcoming such a horror you'd never fully grasp the concept of that thing.

Overall 6/10. It had good ideas, but a poor execution.

Drive, The Dark Knight Rises, um, the list goes on

>Dark Knight Rises

Can Disney release some overmarketed piece of shit already? As long as WB is ahead disney shills won't leave us alone

Sophia Lillis

Finn Wolfhard

Pretty much this, desu.
You shilled this movie so much, Sup Forums, but it really was simply anecdotical. Not as funny to shill as something awful as Wonder Woman or some absolute Kino like BvS.

Who's Bunea Vista?

>or some absolute Kino like BvS

Disney

I know I may get shit talked for this but I hated that she became a damsel in distress. She is the one who actually shoots IT, she's pretty much a badass tomboy waifu.
Until that happened I liked that character too, though she was shadier in the old movie.

Wonder Woman is the best capeshit of the year 6/10 and BvS was mediocre at very best 5/10

Patrician taste

BEEP BEEP RICHIE
youtube.com/watch?v=LrMpCo06ulg
I didn't like how this line was delivered at all

Didn't she play Joan of Arc in Bill & Ted's EXCELLENT Adventure?

It's like they forgot to include any character development for him and realized 85 minutes into the film "Oh shit, Richie hasn't actually interacted with Pennywise yet."

>Can only virgins see this shit?

Seth Rogreen from the miniseries was the best Richie. He didn't take shit from Bowers and his fellow T-Birds

I didn't even finish it. Didn't even really seem like a horror movie. Maybe if you're a 6 year old girl or something. Seemed more like a comedy.

This is true. Richie was great, even more so after we realise that it's all just an act and he's scared shitless like everyone else, but he keeps his cool, even with himself.

You couldn't recognize the obvious shilling?

wut
Pennywise is the first decent scary clown in years.

Despite the superior special effects I didn't find It to be more impressive than the one from the first movie. On the first movie it looked like he could bend reality at will and make all sorts of spooky shit happen with common things.
During the new movie it looked as if It could use only horror clichés and cheap jumpscares.
Old it used less horror creepy stuff and delivered it in a more horrifying way.
>and realized 85 minutes into the film "Oh shit, Richie hasn't actually interacted with Pennywise yet.
So much this. And what the fuck happened with Ben? He didn't interact with It at all.

Finn Wolfhard actually made up half the lines in the movie himself
God bless him

Of course it was overhyped, the redditors on this board were shilling it for weeks. It was a shitty PG-13 jumpscare movie they added a gory scene to in order to make it an edgy R-rated movie so that they could claim it was a huge success that broke all kinds of records and other kikes would make more shitty jumpscare movies too.

>Muh redditors
Not an argument. Even if the movie was PG-13 it'd still be a huge success concerning the budget

I wish he was my friend ;__;

source on that, I have a hard time believing this.

>I would call it psychological thriller.
Not a very good one

>but I don't like it
k

>but I like it
k

Amusing how the spookiest scenes are when Pennywise isn't changed into some overdesigned monster
>library book spook
>sheep spook
>projector spook before jumpscare

3Spoopnotic5me

Name one single movie this year that was not overhyped mediocrity.

I went last night. It was basically a comedy. The audience laughed the entire way through. Some of the visuals were nice to look at, but aside from that I didn't enjoy it.

At the end whenever "IT: Chapter One" the audience laughed again like they weren't expecting that. Made me really mad actually. I think the think I liked least about the movie were the child actors. I didn't find any of the writing for them funny. Maybe if it was more subtle, but literally every line was epic le child cussing humor. I wish something good would come out so I can enjoy going to the movies again.

Richie was kino, we all had our childhood friend that never stfu.

Get a load of this faggot. I bet if the kids were all fucking, drinking and beating up other kids with skateboards like your typical larry clark film this disappointed pedo would hail it a masterpiece

Literally the only good thing about this "film"

>hurrr I'm an edgy pedoooo yeaaaaahhhh

just saw it. i didn't find it scary and i was laughing at the banter. was really just waiting for it to end desu.

The kids were literally the best part, because you know, that's how kids talk to eachother in real life

Completely agreed
Although I thought some kid acting could be better, but was very good anyways.
Best part was Bill as Pennywise, with all the little details like eye color change, lazy eyes, and voice changes.

>Didn't interact with It at all
>EGG BOY
Pay attention fag

Haha what the fuck is wrong with you

Yeah, I was surprised how reallistic the characters and acting was, it gave me childhood flashbacks.

Alright, somebody post the orgy scene.

No orgy in movie, it's an R movie not an NR-17

From the book, idiot.

Then look it up yourself dipshit
Can't be that hard to find lazy fag

Look it up then jack off to it you sick fuck

No. Post link. Everyone needs to experience the unholiness of it.

The reason it was overhyped is because there is literally nothing else worth mentioning in theaters, and there hasn't been for awhile (capeshit need not apply). This at least catered to peoples nostalgia and had promise (be more faithful to the source; not so cheap as the original adaptation).

Wait - are you telling me someone in sales made exaggerated claims of the quality of their product?

NEVER!

>psychological thriller

THE 90's ARE BACK!

>Cool horror film bro

>Uh, fuck you? This is a psychological supernatural suspense thriller. I don't make that low brow "horror" garbage, kiddo.

Why not find it yourself then?
Not everyone is ready for your commands

>Bill as Pennywise killed the role
I couldn't agree more. That actor was a terrible choice. Completely killed the role.

Exactly, what else are you gonna see in theaters in the next few weeks?

bait or fucking potato

Must not have seen the movie, or you're just a contrarian. Which one is it?

Please be bait

God Damned you Devil.

Finn Wolfhard and Bill Skarsgard were the highlights of the movie. all the other characters were too bland to keep up with their performance. Beverly was well done too though.

Samefag?

I can't see how anyone thinks he did a good job. At best, mediocre. They barely even use him un-cgi'd or over-stylized to warrant a "good job".

Either get better at b8 or just don't

I wouldn´t be surprised, dick jokes, virgin jokes, shit tier quotes ("I´m gonna have to kill thu fucking clown!!"), all in a very shitty Adam Sandler way

But Finn was a good actor so half Adam Sandler

>But Finn was a good actor
Adam Sandler was a good actor too

Jesus Christ dude

He was an ok actor, his movies just ended up bad

So definitely samefag then. Same fucking shill who has been trying to overhype this mediocre movie on this board.

Whoa a kid is talking like...a kid!?
This is too much

That may happen to him as well

>13 years old
>Kid
No wonder why you people think the age of conscent should be 18

My posts are
Eat shit

I can see it happening, hopefully not because he's a damn good actor even as a kid

Bill Skarsgard was by and large the worst part of the movie.
The mannerisms were great, but the voice and acting were terrible.
Pennywise also wasn't in enough of the movie to feel like a big threat.

Kill yourself.