Is Kubrick the only one who understood the ending?

Is Kubrick the only one who understood the ending?

It's simple really. Overlook Hotel is a supernatural entity that corrupts hedonistic minds and lives on blood sacrifices (it sucks the blood spilled and stores it to make it through the visitor season -> the elevator scene). Jack is brainwashed by the Hotel and murdering Halloran is the act that makes the Hotel accept Jack as part of the spirit society living inside ot.

no

What about Jack is hedonistic?

alcoholic child molester

He drinks and abuses Danny.

The earliest spirits he encounters are the Barkeep and the woman in shower. Instead of writing, he goes after casual drinking and sexual relief, and the spirits are there to satisfy those needs. I don't know what Kubrick could have done to make it more obvious.

Can we lay off the retarded pedophilia theory? A picture of a bear is all you've really got.

should I read The Shining?

Yes.

That's not true at all.

it makes a lot less sense when you realize Kubrick used 2 different photos with a subtle difference

>lay off the theory

he got thiccer?

Go on

read the second headline

>it sucks the blood spilled
Meh. This theory would make more sense if they told Jack to make sure he hills them inside the hotel.
>stores it to make it through the visitor season
What?

>>>stores it to make it through the visitor season
Oh, now I get it. nvm. But then why would it spill out?

This picture would of been far creepier if everyone were looking at Jack.

I honestly have no idea. But just so it is clear to everyone, the point of the scene with the blood-filled elevators is to demonstrate the blood The Hotel has stored up

No it's shit

Hi Teddit