Gone With The Wind (1939)

youtube.com/watch?v=0dTsfsr6-X8

Have you watch it?

Why does a film made 80 years ago look more visually appealing than films made now? I mean just look at that.

Watch it almost every year during Thanksgiving.

My guess is it they were developing new ways to make entertainment and actually cared for the craft while simultaneously creating new ways to further enhance the work.

Has probably the most satisfying ending to any movie.

>they made a shitty made for tv sequel in the 90's

I was thinking the same. Look at the photography and the fucking sundtrack, compare it to the majority of movies today.

kino

Art

Looks amazing for a matte painting.

Several times actually. It's future proof too. Zero ways of adapting it to not piss off social media without plainly butchering it. Nobody will touch it.

If they do an "reimagining" of it nobody will care and it will bomb. One of the few untouchable classics out there.

Yeah i think that the set design and cinematography were my favorite parts of the movie, that and Clark Gable of course.

Back then a movie stayed in theaters for multiple sessions. You could spend most of your budget on one film and see returns decades later.

Hollywood caught up to itself in recent decades.

>Children are life unerring itself captain butler and when life does that danger seems very unimportant

Yo guys, remember when films showed women as courageous and confident people in there own unique ways?

>a beloved classic film cannot be enjoyed because it is Sup Forums
Go back to tearing down statues

Comfy Clark Gable classic.

>The left is already trying to discredit people for talking about movies from the 1910-60's

Marxism truly is real

but this movie is inherently racist, why do you think nobody talks about this movie anymore? People see it now for what is really was.

wtf are you trying to say with go back to pol?

ahhhh because the movie is about the south before the war? We aren't talking about politics hete.

What is he drinking?

>upstanding black gentlemen in suits

WOah the text books told me all whiteys had a salve til the 90's and they werent liberated until 2008?!?

God I wish there was a second holocaust for people like you

Movie isn't racist and people still talk about it. It's the highest grossing movie of all time.

And without chinks market.

Frankly my dear

Can't really tell, it might be a mojito.