Doctor Who General /who/

doctor who is bread.

bried:

Other urls found in this thread:

radiotimes.com/news/2017-05-20/doctor-who-exclusive-steven-moffat-reveals-the-secrets-of-extremis/2/
twitter.com/Lawrence_Miles/status/908324333835182080
twitter.com/Lawrence_Miles/status/773663039627419650
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>cats making the thread early

Have you pre-ordered your Kawaii minifigures yet, /who/?

Doctor Who is dead.

Pic related

What's your favourite Companion Chronicle /who/

If you haven't heard any, then what's your favourite companion

If you could replace Planet of the Dead with any sort of story of your choosing, what would it be? I know me and at least one other user like the idea of replacing it with a 10/River special

No, I don't do plastic crap. Especially not weeaboo style plastic crap.

Guardian of the Solar System. Those Companion Chronicles did miracles for Sara Kingdom.

What do you think of the Oliver ones?

Pretty good too. The idea of an audio-only Hartnell companion sounded a little silly at first, but I warmed up to him by the second story.

>literally calling them "kawaii" figures
>they all have the exact same eyes
what the fuck is this generic weeb ass shit

Who would /who/ trust to write a Doctor Who anime?

Oliver is arguably the earliest chronological non-heterosexual companion to the Doctor, from an in-universe point of view.

Steven though

>Planet of the Dead

i get your gripes about it not fitting narative wise but honestly it's one of my favourite one off stories.

that being said, i do really like idea of a river episode, my only issue with that would be that since its a feature length episode a lot of good plot establishing river would have occured before s5 and that would have made s5 feel less like a fresh start.

My name is Donald.

I buy all sorts of useless peices of plastic, and I will not be buying these POS. The entire titan line is over priced junk desu senpaitachi.
And their blind boxes, fuck you titan.

>i get your gripes about it not fitting narative wise but honestly it's one of my favourite one off stories.

Oh I totally get that, there's a bunch of stories in S6 I don't think work arc/narrative wise in the series at all, but just taking them one off on their own terms they're kino.

Are there any recent Doctor Who stories with my name in them?

whats the deepest episode/scene in nuwho?

Extremis showing President Donald Trump's corpse.

so brave

>Also implied Trump was smart enough to know he was in a simulation
What did Moffat mean by this?

That's not what happened at all, he read the e-mail with the Extremis translation in it.

reminder

that wasn't president donald trump, that was 'generic white president'
they specifically chose an actor that didn't look like trump

That very episode, while inside the simulation, referenced Donald Trump as the President of the USA. They chose an actor that doesn't look like him, but it's him.

An actual image of President Trump was also in The Lie of the Land

I just headcanon the Trump in the simulation had a hair change for some strange reason

you're getting extremis and pyramid mixed up
bill calls trump orange at the start of pyramid

Right you are. I was just reading an interview about it and I had mixed it up, my bad.

radiotimes.com/news/2017-05-20/doctor-who-exclusive-steven-moffat-reveals-the-secrets-of-extremis/2/

>Mulkern: When was Extremis filmed – before the US presidential election? How did you resist the temptation to depict the president who’s just committed suicide as either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton?

>Moffat: It was written before the election, and shot after. I noted in the script that the gender of the president was yet undetermined, but we’d know by the time we were in the studio. It’s not every day you get to choose which president to kill…

I still think it's Trump though, just an AU version like says. Actually hiring a double that looked a lot like him would have attracted controversy that would distract from the episode

>President
I'm not American, he's literally "not my president"

oh shut the fuck up. we all call Obama by Obama too. we also call Hillary, Clinton instead of Secretary Clinton.

I for one enjoyed Showrunner Moffat's episode with Companion Bill. I hope Actor Capaldi had fun making it.

false flag harder

Sup Forums is owned by a Japanese guy

I have a funny feeling Cats is looking down on us, orchestrating all this like pic related

Literally not my president he deserves no respect from me, my head of state is actually respectable

>born into power, didn't earn it
>respectable
LOL

He is the President of the USA. You owe him some respect, regardless of what you think of him.
Irrelevant.
Why am I not surprised you're having trouble tolerating someone else's opinion? You do realise this is why President Trump won, yes?

my queen served in WW2 and Trump dodged the draft.

>served in WW2
in a limited capacity where she couldn't be killed

I'm an American, and I'm politely asking you to stop talking about this now.

I'm politely asking you to stop trying to censor my political views. Again, you do realise this is why President Trump won, and will win again, yes?

So uhh,

Are time lords sequential or simultaneous hermaphrodites?

They're genderfluid or some such shit.

This sort of business is another reason my President won, and will win again.

Hermaphroditism isn't political, unless you're suggesting wood ducks and clownfish are San Francisco liberals.

Whatever.

I think he's referring to the tranny toilet question.

I'm referring to how the show displayed the fucking corpse of my President and nobody seems to care and nothing was done about it and nobody was punished and now a woman is hired.

So you believe Moffat should have censored his political views? I thought you were against that sort of thing.

user, our President is arguing with NBA players right now while threatening NK again. You're defending a joke.

Oh fuck off, whatever. Dumb fucking cucks here. I'm leaving.

Get over it m8. It's only a telly programme. I doubt Trump gives a fuck about it.

Technically, if your beloved is being surrounded by black men and getting insulted, aren't you the cuck?

Anyone else find this boxset kinda...racist?

Why?

The year of intelligent tigers is objectively the best Eda

Prove me wrong

At the very least, it was bizarrely tone-deaf. I didn't like it.

The Adventuress of Henrietta Street exists.

I'll quote Styre since he phrases it better than me

>hey’re based on Asian cultures, and they’re dangerous, so the story represents this by giving them outrageously broad Asian accents. I’ve seen Dan Li in other things, and he sounds absolutely nothing like this, so why on earth was this decision made? It’s a “yellow peril” device – we know they’re bad because they’re Asian – and while I have no reason to think that the production team was trying to be offensive, that sort of device is inherently racist and shouldn’t be present in modern drama. I mentioned Hollywood blockbusters earlier – well, this is the kind of stereotype that Michael Bay deals in.

>The production is fine. Howard Carter handles the sound design while Ken Bentley directs, and the story generally sounds excellent, with convincing effects and a real attempt to keep things fast-paced despite the excessive running time. Overall, though, “UNIT: Shutdown” is not good. It’s far too long and virtually nothing interesting happens over the entire running time. It deals in the worst sorts of clichés and doesn’t seem to understand why this isn’t appealing. It seems we have a new contender for Big Finish’s worst range.

>Bad.

>3/10

>I’ve seen Dan Li in other things, and he sounds absolutely nothing like this, so why on earth was this decision made?
Iirc on the very behind the scenes of the set he sounded nothing like that too. If nothing else, it was a weirdly distracting choice.

How is that the best when Father Time exists?

>the Doctor adapting to the lifestyle of the tigers, eventually becoming indistinguishable from them

>the setting of Port Any, it doesn't just feel like some generic sci fi utopia, even if that's exactly what it is

>everything about the ending

>fitz and the doctor playing a duet from separate rooms

It's kino

Yes, your own ignorance of gender is exactly why Trump won

Anyone else find this boxset kinda...sexist?

He's already gone.

Let. It. Be.

@Immigrant, Cloister, any other old-timers, why'd N8 stop coming around here? He's still active on Tumblr and whatever Discord he's in

I'd come on her back.

The first one I read was The Taking of Planet Five and I thought it was amazing.

Otherwise Turing Test is also very good. I think I'll have to go for Adventuress as the best however. Lawrence Miles for next show runner.

He dropped by a month ago, and he contributed to Shit Trips Vol 2, so he still likes /who/. He's just been busy making his anthology and other writing commitments.

>Miles for next show runner
He's too busy getting pissed that people are touching his precious Bagpuss.
twitter.com/Lawrence_Miles/status/908324333835182080

Do you think the presence of new trips drove him away?

twitter.com/Lawrence_Miles/status/773663039627419650
>Want to know a secret? Autism doesn't exist. We who claim to be on the autism spectrum, we're just using it as a cover for our magic powers.

No, not at all. He's never had a bad thing to say about /who/.

He's always had an unfortunate fixation with tv light entertainment. This has really limited his creative potential.

Lawrence Miles' writing career is dead.

Okay, I believe you. I'm just paranoid.

He's busy, so the fact he still took time to write in Shit Trips 2 should say how much he likes /who/.

I'm going to be completely honest with you here Immigrant, and I might actually delete this comment just to keep it between us, but you're obviously much better at anthologies than him, and the Shit Trips 2.5 idea sounds better than his more vague yet less carefree alt-Doctor anthology idea.

Dead sounds too dramatic. Really he just stopped writing.

Thank you, but I disagree about him being worse. Also, you do know that I wrote a story in N8's anthology, right?

I wish he'd get out of his den of Legos and write a new novel for Obverse already.

The fact stands I much prefer the vibe of ST and how you generally handle them and I prefer your stories in ST okay!

Even if he did come back to writing, he's burned too many bridges to do anything beyond making Faction books for Obverse.

Link to N8's anthology? I'd like to read it

I understand. But have you even read the stories in N8's anthology yet? It hasn't come out!

He doesn't need to do more than that.

You know who I am, well not who I am right now, but you'd know me, that's all I'll say.

No he hasn't. He burnt a lot of bridges, but they were very niche bridges and are barely even relevant anymore. He's a talented writer and could definitely get some original work published.

It hasn't even been compiled yet. The editors just got all the submissions this past Monday or so.

Give me a one word hint.

waiting for shit trips bookclub be like

Different user, but while I'm sure N8's one will be a good read and it's a good cause and fancier and more slick and all that, I prefer the shaggier more communal vibe of Shit Trips. Kudos for organising it and all the other anons who contributed

I like Miles' work, but he never published any original stories outside of Faction in the mid-2000s. If a talented writer like Mortimore isn't doing anything beyond Thebes and editing and selling old Who books of his, I don't see Miles could ascend beyond that.

On the topic of fan anthologies, let's share our completely honest thoughts on Declan fucking May.

Eh, that makes sense. N8 has even more entries to deal with than I did, tho.

At the end of the day it's nice to have both I suppose!

Total fucking git.

I haven't read Seasons of War yet. What did he do to earn "fucking" for a middle name?