So what did we think?

So what did we think?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_T._Anderson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champ_Ferguson
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fassbender scenes were great.

Very middlebrow. The worst kind of -brow.

Epic scenes shitty movie.

Explain how those two ideas exist at the same time.

Overlong, underwhelming, misleading .
Some individual scenes are pure kino,perfect to watch on youtube fuck the movie

i saw this opening weekend in Leicester Square
underwhelming garbage

I honestly love this movie

Any scene involving Shosanna was absolute garbage and drug everything else down, which unfortunately felt like most of the movie. Brad Pitts' crew were all one dimensional except for Michael Fassbender which ended up in one of the few good scenes in the movie. It was a movie where you didn't give a damn about a single character and the overall plot was not interesting enough as in, say Reservoir Dogs, to drive the rest of it to it's conclusion.

Essentially, this is Quentin Tarantino being Quentin Tarantino at his worst.

>Operation Kino

Fuck, how did they know?

Not him but the film has some absolutely brilliant scenes, however the whole of it doesn't stand up to the same level. I don't think it's a shit movie, but the overall story isn't very interesting while some individual scenes like the opening were reminders why Tarantino is considered one of the best directors alive.

Jew power fantasy.

ruined brad pitt, because he could never quit being this character.

reddit commies use it as a guide to how to treat people with right wing views in general

At 16 I loved it and thought it brilliant, at 25 going back I sympathize with Landa.

>reddit commies use it as a guide to how to treat people with right wing views in general

Aldo Raine's pretty fucking right-wing though. He modeled his unit after Confederate Bushwhackers and literally looks like a clone of William Quantrill.

>He's pretty fucking right wing

Ah yes, the great ally of the Soviets killing nationalists.

A confederate soldier wouldn't dismember corpses or mutilate living people simply because theyre wehrmacht soldiers and are loyal to their nation..

That loud whooshing noise you just heard was the point soaring over your head

>Soviets killing nationalists.

Nationalists who happened declared war on his country and its allies.

Yeah, about that...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_T._Anderson

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champ_Ferguson

Extremely disappointing. Except for a few good scenes, the movie as a whole is a fucking disaster. Horrible writing for someone who is supposed to be epic at it. His Westerns were equally as bad. The guy just has zero ability to write good period material.

any scenes w the basterds or hans landa were legit. the fag chasing after the jewess stuff killed momentum

I liked it because the nazis as bad guys are always so over the top that you can have some fun with that. However, every film he makes is the same. Djang was the same, hateful 8 was the same. It's such a waste of talent. In the long term Tarantino will be known as the guy who could have been great but chose not to.

I paid $7 to read subtitles for 2 and a half hours.

I am just so over Nazis I didn't bother with the film.

Too many characters. I didn't care about anyone or anything in the film. Some good scenes but overall a mess.