my fucking nigga

Fitzcarraldo
Aguirre
Sorcerer

Platoon
The Mosquito Coast
The Lost City of Z
The Bridge on the River Kwai

Lost City of Z is barely ok if you know the real story. I reccommend watching the movie first, then finding some literature on the subject.

I got you guys. Thank me later.

Best Indiana Jones rip-off?
Also remember that golden age of Danny De Vito - Michael Douglas - Kathleen Turner kino?
>Romancing the Stone
>Jewel of the Nile
>The War of the Roses

wow, a thread full of great suggestions
does true Sup Forums come out at night?

The idiots are in containment threads arguing about plot devices from Alien films or Maggie G's saggy fave. This thread is for patricians only.

Also Predator, but everyone has seen it.

My last gem is Pic related.

Very nice one.

first time i hear of this since the 90s

Sorcerer. another movie Sup Forums tricked me into watching. BORING.

Stunning Bellucci made me watch it many times.

Oh fuck off, it's intense... After the first hour of literally nothing happening.

I managed to stay awake an saw the big bridge scene. It did nothing for me. When does it get good exactly? i might try to finish it someday.

Pleb.

>After the first hour of literally nothing happening
Except setting up the characters' backstory and and motivations. And where does this idea come from that something has to be "happening" constantly in a film? What about films which have literally nothing happening?

like watching paint dry.

Jungle Hololcaust (1977). Ruggero Deodato's precursor to Cannibal Holocaust and just as entertaining. Lots of naked jungle bitches and gory fun.

That's your problem though. The film exists on its own, the fact that you interpret it as such isn't valid criticism.

this fun and boring are simply a person's own experience and tell nothing about the film itself

You don't have to set their backstory or motivations in a 15 minute long unrelated sequences in Paris.

>You don't have to
no one said you have to. if you didnt enjoy it thats fine

I was planning on watching Aguirre. is it as bad as sorcerer or is it actually good?

Stick to waifu movies, breh

But it helps to paint a contrast. The point is all the characters had actual lives before they ended up where they were, which is why they risk everything to get a chance to reclaim them. How else would you develop the characters given the otherwise lack of dialog and exposition? How would you have it make sense for a guy to willingly drive with an assassin as his partner? The vignettes are the most worthwhile element of the film, each a little film within a film that serve to drive all the characters together and have them be developed and fleshed out.

Aguirre and Fitzcarraldo should be watched back to back, but you wouldn't get it anyway so watch Ghostbusters 2016 or Mummy 2017 instead.

>But it helps to paint a contrast.
It really doesn't, the cut between their ordinary lives and the shithole in South America is too hard of a cut.
>How else would you develop the characters given the otherwise lack of dialog and exposition?
Visual storytelling. Pic chosen for lafs.

That bad huh? i may still give it a shot.

You from Netherlands?

The Emerald Forest

He revived my thread...