What did he mean by this?

what did he mean by this?

I hate how intelligent artists get increasingly dumber as they age.

It happened to Lucas, it happened to Scott, and it will happen to Aronofsky.

The Fountain is my favorite movie of all time, it is kino at it's best. Pi is quite masterful as well.

But everything he produced after Black Swan has been an astonishing piece of shit.

it isn't just artists - people in general go downhill with age
the Fields Medal can only be awarded to a mathematician under 40

>middle-aged man calling anything "punk"

Yeah no, fuck this guy. He's about as punk as a J. Crew catalog.

>we wanted to make a punk movie

Same thing Shane Carruth said about Upstream Color. Heads up everybody if an auteur says they're making a "punk" movie it means they're making a self indulgent movie.

leftist REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What exactly is punk about Jennifer Lawrence and the Bible?

He's a good filmmaker with a warped view of humanity and a huge ego. I hate his films.

Its called damage control. Its what happens when you have nothing but pretentious oscar snobs around you and think you are untouchable but then get panned by the tomato.

This is just the pretentious, arthouse equivalent of The Rock saying that Baywatch is "FOR THE FANS."

>punk

"My movie is eating shit, so we're spinning it like I'm an Enfant Terrible now."

or

"It's a social experiment!"

or

"I was only pretending to be a shitty filmmaker!"

or

"I's in ur moovys bein' provokativ!!"

or

"I skewered big scary Christianity. Deal with it!"

or

Any time honored Tumblr-level embarrassingly transparent face-saving ruse.

guys i was mostly curious about the part where he wanted to have a sad cum

He looks like post-cancer Steve Jobs

You mean dead Steve Jobs?

No, I mean skinny, right before death Steve Jobs

is punk one of those things where if you deliberately go out of your way to create something that's "punk", you already did it wrong?

yeah filmmaking is such a hard job. people sometimes say no to your stupid ideas. so hard to get out of bed. poor guy.

sometimes I feel like every single person should have to do a shitty 9-5 job for 2 years after highschool to get a better perspective.

Maybe they're always dumb and it just becomes obvious.

>The Fountain is my favorite movie of all time
how does that happen

Joss whedon and dan harmon. Its hurts to acknowledge that they are intelligent desu