Prequel Love Thread

There is no greater trilogy and the Star Wars prequels. They are the apex of filmmaking, unlike the rancid judaism that is The Force Awakens. Share your favorite prequel moments. Mine is everything with Watto, the most thinly veiled stereotype ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

chronicle.com/article/Why-George-Lucas-Is-the/134942
youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*no greater trilogy THAN the

Ep 3 opening. Everything about Palpie, Darth Maul

"THAT LITTLE DROID DID IT!"

My fav line in all of Star Wars

Darth Maul was GOAT.

The PT is still way ahead of its time

>anakin killing sand peoople who raped and murdered his mother would be racist nowadays

"They were desperate! He should have tried to reason with them!"

>YRW George Lucas was the last bastion of independent big-budget white storytelling in Hollywood & we all hated him for it

Sup Forums, what have we done?

I mean there are some great meme moments in the prequels but this idea that they're actually good needs to end before the hivemind actually starts believing it for real.

Well, what about Revenge of the Sith? You say it's the greatest work of art, in any medium, created in the last 30 years. It’s better than... uh, Matthew Barney or Rachel Whiteread or Chris Ware or Peter Doig?
>Yes, the long finale of Revenge of the Sith has more inherent artistic value, emotional power, and global impact than anything by the artists you name. It's because the art world has flat-lined and become an echo chamber of received opinion and toxic over-praise. It's like the emperor's new clothes—people are too intimidated to admit what they secretly think or what they might think with their blinders off.

>chronicle.com/article/Why-George-Lucas-Is-the/134942
No one has closed the gap between art and technology more successfully than George Lucas. In his epochal six-film Star Wars saga, he fused ancient hero legends from East and West with futuristic science fiction and created characters who have entered the dream lives of millions. He constructed a vast, original, self-referential mythology like that of James Macpherson's pseudo-Celtic Ossian poems, which swept Europe in the late 18th century, or the Angria and Gondal story cycle spun by the Brontë children in their isolation in the Yorkshire moors. Lucas was a digital visionary who prophesied and helped shape a host of advances, such as computer-generated imagery; computerized film editing, sound mixing, and virtual set design; high-definition cinematography; fiber-optic transmission of dailies; digital movie duplication and distribution; theater and home-entertainment stereo surround sound; and refinements in video-game graphics, interactivity, and music.

>Sandpeople do nothing but murder and pillage
>we are supposed to feel bad they got slaughtered
Why?Killing children isnt nuce, but ehen those kids are goong to grow up to be defenerate murders...

Very much this. George Lucas is truly the Christ-figure of our time.

unironically this

-Qui Gon and Obi Wan
-Darth Maul
-Jango Fett scenes
-Anakin slowly turning to the dark side
-Start of the Clone Wars
-Anakin and Obi v Dooku
-Ending scenes of AOTC
-Loved everything in ROTS besides the obvious Vader "Noo". That would've been better if he would've just fucked shit up without saying anything.

Prequels aren't that bad at all. Jar Jar was non existent in Eps 2 and 3. They expanded the universe and added a shit ton more characters. Way more than anyone could say about the sequel trilogy.

>prequels weren't THAT bad
>i enjoyed the senate scenes, haha
>darth maul was a GREAT villain
>CGI is awesome bro haha

Her

>Its a Sup Forums tries to compare maul to boba fett thread
>Its a Sup Forums pretends that cgi light sabers are cool thread
>its a /tvt/ tries to explain why yoda with a lightsaber is cool thread

>i enjoyed the senate scenes,
Unironically yes

Actually I would have liked more senate/coruscant offices kino.

>tfw it will never happen again though because Mike redditlasa and the plebsons said so

jesus christ that's a good reaction pic

>tfw Star wars will NEVER again have this level of care and attention put into the story
youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288

Anything with pregnant Natalie Portman is always a good thing.

Almost as as good as pregnant Anne Frank

Nah.