Why is no one talking about this new show

Why is no one talking about this new show.
First episode was great. New one tonight.

Sup Forums is full of plebs.

>more bastardizations of PKD stories to further some uncreative faggot's "original" vision that no one will remember in a week

Pass.

If you're gonna be a faggot about it, I'll just go ahead and post synopsis of incoming episodes

>The Commuter
Ed Jacobson (Timothy Spall), a train station employee, is alarmed to discover that a number of commuters are taking the train to a town that shouldn't exist. When he investigates for himself, he comes face to face with an alternate reality that forces him to confront his own struggles around his relationship with his wife Mary (Rebecca Manley) and his very troubled son Sam (Anthony Boyle).

>wow lets use sci-fi to explore his boring relationship with his wife! genius!

Good lord. Is this contrarian faggot hour?

>Real Life
Sarah (Anna Paquin) is a policewoman living in the future who shares headspace with George (Terrence Howard) a brilliant game designer, each pursuing violent killers whose plans could have shattering consequences. In a race against time, sharing a bond that no one else can see, they learn the very thing that connects them can also destroy them.

>If you're gonna be a faggot about it

I'm being a realist about it. Can you remember the the last time you saw a decent, faithful PKD adaptation? That's because they don't exist. Even the most popular one right now, Man in the High Castle, is such a departure from the source material they might as well have made it a completely original show. Even the most faithful mainstream film adaptation, Scanner Darkly, is a condensed mess of tonal inconsistencies missing chunks of plot and character development.

I want a good PKD show just as much as you or any fan of his, but I don't want a Minority Report TV series. Do you understand what I'm saying?

It's time to stop posting.

Enjoyed the first episode but not much to say about it, Usual sci-fi fare but done well enough

Poor mans Black Mirror.

Was ok.

So you're just an ignorant shill. Don't they pay you guys to educate yourself a bit about what you're peddling? Or do you just leap into it hoping nobody will attempt to engage you in a discussion?

>Scanner Darkly, is a condensed mess of tonal inconsistencies missing chunks of plot and character development.
Just like the book (which I love).

>I want a good PKD show just as much as you or any fan of his
Did you watch the first episode? How is it not faithful? From the story and themes, to the world building, down to small details like the nicknames used for telepaths.

I'll stop shilling, and it's a bit early to judge on one episode, but honestly I have high hopes.

>are taking the train to a town that shouldn't exist. When he investigates for himself, he comes face to face with an alternate reality that forces him to confront his own struggles around his relationship with his wife Mary (Rebecca Manley) and his very troubled son Sam (Anthony Boyle).
That sounds really fucking dumb.

Because it was horrible, I coudn`t finish the first episode.

>Opening credits
>Pregnent man

DROPPED

Massive PKD fan and I could barely get through the first episode. It felt way too much like one of those hit BBC dramas I avoid. Flat visuals, actors with cartoonish bongy accents, generic design work, overall cheapness, etc.

Plus just about all of the stories they're adapting are from PKD's pulpy 50's phase which makes me think they could only get the rights to weak shit.

Offended?

At least they've got top notch costume design

crappy dialogue explaining obvious things is fucking irritating

and they flatened what was in dicks books

Rob Stark can't act

overall, crap.

lamao. I couldn't even finish the first episode it was so fucking awful
go fuck yourself with this shit

Did anyone else want a Teep gf?

>So you're just an ignorant shill

Didn't you know? Sup Forums is basically 75% shills now.

I think it may be based off of one of his earlier novels, The Cosmic Puppets. Which was pretty good

If they're going to have actors who don't speak English, why don't they include subtitles?

bump

Why the fuck would a straight adult male watch a show with the word "Dick" in the title? Sounds pretty gay to me.

>Can you remember the the last time you saw a decent, faithful PKD adaptation
Because the guy was an insane speed-freak and to make a faithful PKD adaptation you would basically be making an incomprehensible mess of a movie/show. His stories need cleaning up to make them in any way presentable to a sane, rational veiwer.

Yes user, his stories are a terrible. Which explains why there have been more than a dozen adaptions of them from wildly different filmmakers with wildly different tones in the last three decades.

i.e. It's his IDEAS not his STORIES that are getting adapted. The man had incredible ideas and told them extremely poorly for the most part because of his drug-addled, schizophrenic mind.

Read the Exegesis. He was fucking insane and I say that even though he's my favorite author.

Even The Divine Transmigration of Timothy Archer was nutty

Less than a tenth of his creative output was produced after drugs took over his life in the late 60's. Exegesis was written in 1974.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

It's shit.

>i.e. It's his IDEAS not his STORIES that are getting adapted
Except they literally aren't
Philip K Dick:
>what if a race of superhuman mutants came into existence? they would probably consider themselves the master race and try to enslave the humanity... now, what could go wrong about that?
Electric Dreams
>what if a race of superhuman mutants came into existence? they would probably be poor opressed slums ppl :( like in x-men :( evil normies would rape them and stuff :( wow I like x-men so much

>Pregnant man
No such thing.

Offended?

Am I an idiot for not realising Benedict Wong is from Manchester? Genuinely thought he was American.

Holy shit. Has he literary ever used his native English accent?

But they were taking over society. The whole point is that ultimately the policeman was in the right to be suspicious of the teeps as a whole, even if he did fall in love with Hope (though even then that could have been him bullshitting to save his own skin)

I thought he was from Hong Kong

Even in the IT crowd his accent was Americanised. I only noticed when he started speaking and wondered why he was putting on an accent. But he actually does have a Mancunian accent.

Is this old Khaleesi?

>Even the most faithful mainstream film adaptation, Scanner Darkly, is a condensed mess of tonal inconsistencies missing chunks of plot and character development

So yeah, just like the kino book

>this guilt-tripping fagbot

wtf I love the Crystal Maze

Some nice solar landscapes in this show tbqh

I'm enjoying the retro futuristic aesthetic.

l-lewd

Was Earth consumed by the sun or what's the reason for not visiting it?

solar flare or some shit, supposed to be totally destroyed

>First episode was great
no it was really undeniably shit. completely missed the point of the Hood Maker novel, turned it into some bullshit forbidden love schlock, was melodramatic and faux-dark with cinematography that reminded me of a try-hard art school film project

Is it actually remotely good or is it modernified trash?

The first episode was modernified trash.

It looks great and actors are good. The writing is shite.

>i.e. It's his IDEAS not his STORIES that are getting adapted.

Bullshit. You could say that about literally any adaptation ever.

>Read the Exegesis. He was fucking insane and I say that even though he's my favorite author.

He's not your favorite author because no PKD fan would use exegesis as an example of anything as he explicitly. You are that same retard from /lit/ that brings up the same shit everytime PKD is brought up.

*as he explicitly discounted it in several of his works. It wasn't even meant for publication and was part of a cash grab by his family.

Wew lad

Fuck me, this is dull

This

was the first one as slow as this?

If Dick's name wasn't on this I would assume this was a Black Mirror knockoff. Not his best material AND it's watered down and the production values are bad.

These episodes don't fucking make sense, are they meant to end on these cliffhangers so the 2nd episode of each title is shown in season 2?

Doctor Who Impossible Planet > Electric Dreams Impossible Planet

am I a pleb for not getting this? did they fucking die or something?

What the hell is supposed to have just happened in that episode? Anyone know the plot of the original story?

That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

something about love crosses space and time.

The old Interstellar route then?

My guess is that the planet was toxic or something and made them hallucinate as they died, also explains the Chinese guys headache/illness towards the end. Although i was kinda expecting it to be the robot had poisoned him or something.

I actually really enjoyed that even though it did get a bit weird towards the end.

Both endings so far have ended in the characters dying. This guy is a smuck.

There was no wacky love bullshit in the original, instead her and the robot went onto the surface with Norton, walked off into the distance and presumably died. Norton goes back, gives all the money to Andrews because he's disgusted by the deception, but found an old coin on the surface that confirms the planet was actually Earth all along

BRAVO FARR

>A sci-fi anthology series with stand-alone episodes based on the works of Phillip K. Dick.
>stand-alone episodes
i think i'll pass

>Although i was kinda expecting it to be the robot had poisoned him or something.
Same, I was also surprised that the robot participated in the con.

>10 new K.Dick's adaptations for free out of nowhere
>Thread is 99% whining and complaining
for fuck's sake

The show is honestly really decent, but I think this particular episode is going to end up the weakest of the lot

had no idea they were free, that's pretty cool at least.

Yeah, when he finds out they're not going to earth and his eyes went red i thought damn, shit's about to go down, but then he just went along with it and did literally nothing for the rest of the episode. It seems like they only had that for the creepy visual.

free?free?

Free in the UK, on Amazon in the US

These aren't cliffhangers. They are endings where the conclusion is left open-ended and ambiguous. Sci-fi short stories don't always have a 'they lived happily ever after.'

>if you don't like it, let me give you a synopsis

I smell a shill

yeah i heard short stories are like brief stand-alone novels wtf i'm never reading that shit like wtf lmao

But in this episode they both died. How would there be a second episode?

I'm sure I read pretty much this exact thing in a book compilation of Stephen King short stories that I have.

Same could be said about everything PKD has ever written. If you read Time out of Joint I'm pretty sure you would say it's just a rip-off of The Truman Show.