It's confirmed The Orville is the Highest IQ Trek show

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/culture/2017/9/24/16347112/fox-the-orville-episode-3-about-a-girl-recap-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post more.

Liberalfags can't wrap their heads around a pretty straightforward concept.

it wasn't confusing at all, why are people so retarded?

i knew there was a reason I liked this show

here is the link fellas
vox.com/culture/2017/9/24/16347112/fox-the-orville-episode-3-about-a-girl-recap-review

it's confusing for them because they only follow liberal media and are confused by the fact that one small gesture from a woman doesn't change an entire society's minds overnight. they're used to everything wrapping up perfectly the way they want it in 40 minutes or less so of course they'd be confused as hell at this

It wasn't confusing. They misspelled "triggering"

I guess I don't get how a male only species can have babies. Though to be fair I miss some of the episode which might have explained it

You get pay by Fox to shill online?

Bravery

you're taking it too seriously, the quirk of the race is mocking all the other nonsensical traits that other sci-fi races have. People will accept a gas cloud sentient species that communicates in farts but a male only species? I demand an explanation!

bro are you the samefag who keeps saying shill on every Orville and Trek thread?

>If this episode had come out 10 years ago, it might have looked a bit more progressive. But in 2017, as thinking on gender continues to evolve, the episode comes off for what it is: a repetition of flat talking points that are too basic even for the “transgender” Wikipedia entry (which, as I’ve now realized, is obviously flawed but surprisingly thorough!). Hell, it’s not even clear if MacFarlane is trying to have a conversation about what it means to be trans versus what it means to be intersex — which are, of course, two completely different things. That’s how haphazard his terminology is throughout this episode.
The Orville is not progressive enough goyim!

>he thinks there's only one of those retards

Nothing in the (current) liberal repertoire is more ridiculous than the gender "debate".

There are two genders. Male and female.

It's blatantly obvious and supported by common sense, but liberals just have to make it more complicated than that.

gender is a societal construct like race, there are only 2 sexes though, barring chromosomal disorders. Plenty of societies have had third genders, far predating any modern concept of liberalism.

because being liberal 10-20 years ago was all about compromises

today being a liberal means fuck you compromises my idealism and opinions are all that matters saying that you are liberal nowdays means that you are basicly a neo nazi wrapped on a trendy idealism

Yes, but that is misleading, race is a social construct because is not a biological therm, not becouse it's made up. Races are real but at the same time the definition of race belongs to soft sciences, its similar (and in most languages) the same as breed, human distribution and intervantion makes the sub-species concept retarded so we have to use race. Gender on the other hand is no different than Umami, it reflects something real (sexual behavior) but how we define it is completely social.

Race isn't analogous to breeds. If you analyze on a genetic basis, most "races" are in Africa, with everyone outside of it being pretty inbred and much closer genetically (because of how humans migrated out of Africa - naturally the home will have more diversity). The correlation between races and any scientific classification is pretty much nonexistent.

So where do the eggs come out? Their buttholes?

>w-what?! this issue isn't black and white, and its resolution isn't entirely neat and satisfactory! how am I meant to process this?!

>oy vey, do not question or explore the narrative, ever

This is why (((they))) don't like the orville, they can't handle anyone even exploring their orthodoxy

Love this outdated thinking

It is very easy to classify based on haplogroup

>confusing

Imagine being this retarded

I think Bortus is secretly a bottom

A power bottom maybe but a bottom nonetheless

>casual jokes about infant genital alteration surgery in an episode where the heroes are against the same thing

>oh wait maybe circumcisions are safe and reversible in the future

You're correct on the most diversity in Africa but it illustrates the point you're opposing. Race, breed, subspecies, etc. are vague terms that can apply to hard differences in language and cultural origin or loose differences in genetics. Just as different dog breeds can mix, different human races can mix. Some breeds look similar, some look different, same for races. Also, the Out-of-Africa theory is on the way out. The oldest human remains have been found in the Mediterranean. It's seeming the initial migrations weren't as recent as they originally seemed.

I was surprised that the show chose that ending. Was unexpected that this middle of the road show chose to have the aliens be like, yeah nah we doin it anyway haha

>americunts will be nuked by kim

It's clear that 'male' did not refer to anything like human male. They definitely don't mean 'smaller gamete' when they say male, but that's the only solid-ish definition humans use.

Nobody was actually engaging with the interesting thing here, that the rule might actually be DIFFERENT for this species.

It came off more analogous to a woman's place in their society. Like how chinks abort female babies because they prefer male children. They tranny part wasn't even a big part of the episode, it was more about how the child being female was seen as a disability and that sex reassignment surgery was a cure for it.

Okay? Most genetic diversity is still in Africa.
Didn't really talk about actual breeding or phenotype vs genotype. It's just apparently triggering to tell people that their concept of race has almost no correlation to genetics. You can still use race as human society and culture is more than our genetics.

>Race isn't analogous to breeds.

Breed and Race are the same word in almost all languages aside from a few germanic and slavic ones

yeah, that will probably piss of a lot of libcucks if they ever get around to actually watching the show.

is it smarter than rick and morty though

How do Moclans reproduce if they are a two gender species but lay eggs homosexually?

There were no transsexuals in the episode.

Remember, the whole gender/sexuality SJW bullshit started during Occupy Wallstreet. Just useful idiots ignoring the real (((issue)))

The alien's husband was a female who got turned into a male.

wtf i like the orville now

Bortus' partner is a female to male tranny and so is their kid

They ripped off the plot from the Syrannite episodes of ENT

And I'm not even mad

race de vache = breed of cow

An entire planet of niggerfaggots

>confusing

Odd way to spell, "comfy", but to hell with the 3rd episode.

>Okay? Most genetic diversity is still in Africa.

And what does that have to do with classifying races based on haplogroup?

>female ostracised in society for hundreds of years
>female shows up like "Yes, I am Mr Writer Man"
>everyone's just like "yeah that's probably true she probably isn't lying"

The 2nd episode with the alien zoo was ripped from rick and morty

sounds like they missed the entire point of the episode, not surprised at all

But they weren't transsexual.

How so? Bortas' partner is actually female? They were also clear on having effective sex changes. Nobody was requesting a sex change for themselves, no transsexuals were present.

Imagine thinking this is true

probably it's something other than sex organs that differentiates men and women

gender is and always has been another word for sex, a typical tactic of the left is to change the definition of words and act like that's what they always meant, straight up 1984 tactics

I'm not disagreeing with you, I prefer a personal, more academic definition of race based on my three criteria of language, culture, and what I call "inertia." Genetics is one part of what I call "inertia." I'm just saying that in colloquial language, trying to tell people their definition of race is wrong is futile, arbitrary, and pretentious. Race is, first and foremost, an intensely personal phenomenon.

you mean how it was different 2 decades before 1984? have you even looked this up? Are you even older than 25?

>demonstrated stupidity of male human by asking obsolete human-centric historical questions
>demonstrated strength of womyn by using a womyn from a world where everyone has super strength

So what word should we use for those traits that are associated with one sex/gender entirely because of spooks? Which is everything according to people who don't believe in transsexuals.

are you retarded? Where your parents cousins or did you get an extra chromosome? Asking for a friend

go on, look up the history of the words, you don't have to report back to me

>gender
>(in languages such as Latin, Greek, Russian, and German) each of the classes (typically masculine, feminine, common, neuter) of nouns and pronouns distinguished by the different inflections that they have and require in words syntactically associated with them. Grammatical gender is only very loosely associated with natural distinctions of sex.
Gender has always been a wishy washy concept applied to a variety of concepts, activities, and things.

Honesly are you stupid ?

want to know how I know you haven't looked it up? Because it's as simple as verifying 1+1=2

>just finished the episode
damn this left me more thinking than the previous two episodes and Voyager combined

the show might be onto something
especially if Discovery bombs tonight

>And what does that have to do with classifying races based on haplogroup?

You mean besides the fact that there are loads of haplogroups in Africa and bunching them all into one race just proves how arbitrary the definition of a race actually is?

>this thread

Redditors, shills and astroturfers abound I see.

Hope you guys are getting paid for this.

>1503
>saving the thumbnail

You could just put it simply and say liberalism = neocommunism now. The trendiness part is adding in lots of different forced equalities like gender (now 1000 genders need to somehow have equal power in society) or we need women to have forced equal pay and stuff like that.

Its forcing even more unrealistic equalities and economies onto entire countries and assuming the inherent and obvious goodness of these deeds will make people want to follow them without question.

>babbies first tumblr discussion about race and genders itt
>Prof. Bergstein told me the following in high school/college/university
>Race isn't real.
>Genders and Sexes aren't real

My eyes aren't real, you dumbasses.

where can I view this?

Fox website or pirate it

I honestly don't mind this show.

It gives me SG1 feels. Not a comedy but doesn't take itself too seriously while still trying to have a moral

Bortas' partner was born male and had gender reassignment surgery at birth. They didn't realize until a non Moclan doctor examined them.

what's your favorite episode of Star Trek?

>born male
FEmale

Genders and races are real in our culture, there's just no scientific basis to them. Culture is different from science. Science doesn't tell you how to treat gay people or when a fetus should get legal rights for example. Just because some liberals get overzealous and try to use science to moralize doesn't change the facts.

And in what way were they transsexual?

They were born transsexual, and so received a necessary gender reassignment? Or the gender reassignment made them transsexual?

They TRANSitioned from one SEX to another

UAL

I'm a Q Connoisseur so all of the Q episodes

>>If this episode had come out 10 years ago, it might have looked a bit more progressive. But in 2017

If it's not humans producing butt babies by anally raping puppies, it's just not progressive enough in 2017.

It's CURRENT YEAR, folks!

So the reassignment made them transsexual. And social pressure kept them from getting another reassignment to correct their gender. Is that right?

>Genders and races are real in our culture, there's just no scientific basis to them.

How many gametes can a single person produce? This includes hermaphrodites.

> doesn't change the facts

I doubt you know what the facts are, or what a gamete is. Here's a hint; there are two. Humans, no matter how fucked up genetically, will only ever produce one.

The facts are we're fundamentally either/or, with neither being as useful an option as saying "some people are born without a brain, therefore the braindead have rights".

they can't reassign their gender because it's not possible when they're older

Looks like you need an English class first if you're thinking that gender/sex are the same words.

That wasn't in the show. Neither was Bortas' husband coming out of the trans closet. So they either aren't transsexual now, or they are in the closet.

So either Bortas' husband was born transsexual, and the reassignment was both necessary and worked, or they were born a normal female, and the reassignment was not necessary but REALLY worked.

Why would they get another reassignment? Society demands they be male, they transition from female to male. They're good to go.

>How many gametes can a single person produce? This includes hermaphrodites.

One type. But medical science is at the point where we can merge two of the same type, not much different from IVF.

To Moclans Female to male is a correction

>Looks like you need an English class first if you're thinking that gender/sex are the same words.

Looks like your head got raped by some rewriting of reality.

So they are transsexual but don't get a reassignment because of social pressure.

keep reading the page

because they don't want to

They don't want a second reassignment

Then they are not transsexual.

But they are, they transition once, after they're born

Do you feel maybe that someone isn't a transsexual after they've transitioned to a sex that matches their identified gender?

so if a female turns herself into a male and then when she gets the option to turn back into a woman she refuses she isn't a transsexual anymore?

The only argument against not doing it when they are older was that they'd suffer greatly during their childhood.

The medical technology of Moclans are clearly at a level at which they can easily perform gender corrective surgeries very easily despite the fact that it is an extremely uncommon form of surgery.

Socio-cultural differences between men/women are intrinsically and inseparably connected to biological differences between men/women.

No amount of ignoring and pretending this is not the case is going to change that.

damn this thread is really good comparing all the trek threads this one at least is the smartest