youtu.be/8hPOCCArrL4
youtu.be/5hgWxb1bXkE
youtu.be/5Li4Nliyx3U
youtube.com/watch?v=3rPy8hqLPjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DMkX4oeNIs8
youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

so deeplore

god damn I fucking love this movie. There is nothing that can get you in that comfy horror mood like a Carpenter film

Unfortunately tere is non other than this. Your only other option is to watch an uncommented walkthorugh of Call of cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

its not perfect, but black mountain side evokes alot of the effects you want to see in a traditional lovecraft film

why are Sherlock Holmes games so comfy

Is it just a giant octopus?
>Tomb raider underworld
>Game opens on a giant fucking octopus
>Aww shit yeah this is cool
>It doesn't fucking do anything

there are low budget films who are quite faithful
>Die Farbe

Black Mountain Side was just Canadian "The Thing" and you know it.

>thumbnail

Check out Marebito, you won't be disappointed

I have that for the PC. Best scares I've had in video games since "Doom Aliens TC by Justin Fisher" and I've played so many video games. The hotel bedroom scene had me shitty bricks and pacing the room.

I tried playing it again and couldn't because I forgot there's no run button and couldn't stomach walking everywhere.

wont deny that, but it does meet the OP requirements closer than the thing did (surprisingly)

youtube.com/watch?v=y7jp1CT1h6c

>implying they aren't the stuff of nightmares

youtube.com/watch?v=13YlEPwOfmk

Pic related, not even memeing, the concept of entire planet being actually Unicron is lovercraftian as fuck. The whole series is actually weirdly lovecraftian in concept. Remains of an ancient race of god-like beings hidden on earth all along and on the verge of being accidentally discovered, pretty much in every single Transformers movie.

What's this from?

never thought about it but you're kind of right desu

doesn't make those films anything but garbage tho

In The Mouth of Madness

Oh, guess I forgot that part
Thanks

nothing about TBWP is lovecraftian

y-your right. Fuck! that makes them even shitier, it could have been an existential movie with looming horrors. instead we get one of the most low brow action series of all time. It is fitting I guess with how brilliantly cynical Michael Bay is.

The Void
Dagon (shit)
From Beyond
The Thing? Maybe

The viod had so much promise until the second half. still pretty good, but the tone shift ruined it for me

I'm going to say it. You won't like it but it's true. Adventure Time. Is Lovecraftian.

youtube.com/watch?v=FrlymHW0qU8

>you won't be disappointed
But he will.
Great first half, absolutely fucking terrible second half.
I can't remember the last time I was so disappointed with a movie.

Saying Adventure Time is Lovecraftian for one scene is like Saying like saying Rick Morty is Cronenberg material.I like the show, but when I'm in the mood for watching something about other worldly beings that cause madness written by a pseudo-scientist/autist I don't think about the colorful show with a talking cloud and precipitates swords.

I think this is inevitable when trying to make a Lovecraftian movie. it's really hard to visually show deteriorating sanity. Black Swan I think did the best representation of f the top of my head and it took over two hours to do that. Which is why so many of these movies have weak second halves.

this

it takes an extremely talented screenwriter, director, and actor to pull off the slow descent into insanity on film

You might be right, but have you seen Marebito?
The first half is fucking insane, top tier atmosphere and directing, and the second half goes to shit because the plot does a complete 180º turn into something far more cliché and boring.

everything about TBWP is lovecraftian

name 1 (one) thing about it that is lovecraftian

Someone on this site recommended Residue in a thread like this awhile back.

Whoever you are, fuck you user, the premise of the film is interesting, but they shoehorn in this bullshit drama with the main character's daughter being kicked out of her mother's and coming to live with him, then on top of that the daughter comes out as lesbian to him and I just shut the fucking movie off when I'd gotten like 10 minutes of solid family horseshit and 10 minutes free of reply to this post or your mother will die in her sleep tonight.

>Dagon (shit)
Get a load of this faggot

an otherwise innocuous location on Earth with fucked up concepts of time and space

this isn't exclusive to being "lovecraftian" though

try again

Phantasm

A group of innocent people get trapped in a place in which an old legend fucks with them, distorting their perception, space, and even time itself until they become completely mad.

Lovecraft isn't just "spooky cosmic monsters".

>Films involving H.P Lovecraft as a character
In the Mouth of Madness (1994)
Necronomicon: Book of Dead (1993)

>H.P Lovecraft adaptations
The Call of Cthulhu (2005)
From Beyond (1986)
Re-Animator (1985)
The Unnamable (1988)
Dagon (2001)
The Curse (1987) [The Colour Out of Space]
Castle Freak (1995) [The Outsider]
The Resurrected (1991) [The Case of Charles Dexter Ward]

>Films imo that contain Lovecraft/Eldritch themes
Dark City (1998)
The Mist (2007)
Event Horizon (1997)
The Borderlands (2013)
AM1200 (2008)
The Cabin in the Woods (2012)

>not shit

come on m8 seriously now

In The Mouth of Madness doesn't have H.P. Lovecraft as a character. They never even reference him.

File that under "films that contain Lovecraft themes" you dingus

>everything that's not a superproduction with state-of-the-art CGI is shit

Yea we can all use Wikipedia. We're talking about movies we've seen and good movies, fucktard.

is this any good?

>seed and feed on the cover
Sneed confirmed for a Lovecraftian meme

I had to fill out literally 34 captchas to post this so give me a pity (You) at least

Next time before you fill 34 captchas just kill yourself.

Good post right here

this should make me mad but I just laughed

>it could have been an existential movie with looming horrors.
>wwn get a show/movie that goes full paranoid schizophrenia where the protag believes a bunch of Christine's are out to get him
>wwn get a show/movie where the Cybertronians are in reality hideous aliens instead of statuesque bipeds
>wwn get a show/movie that explores the implication of always being vulnerable unless you're full Amish

We really only got like five minutes in the first one where Shia gets chased around by his shitbox Camaro, but props to the third one for actually going full brutal alien invasion.

Kinda

Comfty lovecraft

(don't watch trailer it ruins all)

ALL FEAR THE ELDREDDIT COSMIC HORROR!!!

First time I see this mentioned in these threads. One of my favorites, catches the atmosphere perfectly.

I might give it a shot, but considering how much the Void bothered me by doing that, I think I'll stave off

This.

Ghostbusters
some ancient god coming back to earth to drive everyone crazy

Well you had me until you said dagon was shit

Is this based on Herbert west reanimator?

Case of Charles Dexter Ward

An alien horror film where the aliens are an unseen entity and most the horror is a byproduct of them.

>tfw you've already watched all lovecraft kino including everything mentioned here so far

This actually

>Re-Animator (1985)
This is literally on in a minute. Worth watching?

youtube.com/watch?v=fQTnnQ1f9tU

how about lovecraftian music?

Sutter Cane's books sound better than Stephen King's

youtube.com/watch?v=xAwSxtaD4II

youtube.com/watch?v=m7Knc3l8l9o

Different user here, Re-Animator is great. Check out all of Stuart Gordon's H.P. Lovecraft adaptations.

Thnx brah

Ah, I'd forgotten that was the name of the village. Also happens to be the the name of the underground station in pic related.

You're welcome, user. Make sure you watch the uncut version of Re-Animator instead of the R-rated version.

>tfw John Carpenter and Stuart Gordon are the only great directors who have made Lovecraftian films
>tfw Del Taco wants to make one but Hollywood will never give him the money to do it
Why is Lovecraft so neglected by cinema? It doesn't make sense, he's one of the most well known/influential horror writers of the 20th century.

We heard you like omnipotent otherwordly forces corrupting your minds and showing how weak and fragile you really are user

>Del Taco wants to make one but Hollywood will never give him the money to do it

His film would be shit anyway. He is prone to sentimentality.

because horror is a gimmick in hollywood. Why as a hollywood producer spend the money to produce a film with a big name director who uses expensive actors and development of a marketing campaign for an unresearched niche audience. There's a reason Del Taco's 2 big movies made in the US have been about giant robots and the peak of tumblr was stroking it toTom Hiddleston. He's become to big to be a niche director, and to small to make what he wants. which is why he went to video games.

youtu.be/8hPOCCArrL4

youtu.be/5hgWxb1bXkE

ancient ones

youtu.be/5Li4Nliyx3U

the first half of under the skin

the second half is a great subversion though

lol

To name a few I've watched recently:
>The Borderlands
while light on traditional elements for most of the movie, has a pretty dark ending that is quite "lovecraftian"
>Absentia
Also somewhat light on elements, but really creepy and depressing.
>The Void
Has more traditional Lovecraft elements, but could have used more runtime to flesh out the cult just a bit more. Leaving the dark world they worship a mystery is ok, though.
>Banshee Chapter
A modern take on From Beyond. Pretty good, and has Ted Levine as an LSD weirdo
>In the Mouth of Madness
Very Lovecraftian in tone, also deals with themes of "the power of the written word"

Dagon is ridiculously fun after a few beers. It's like they took the opening section of resident evil 4, added more fish people, and set it during the 80's. It was wonderful.

youtube.com/watch?v=3rPy8hqLPjQ

Fulci's trilogy. The original Evil Dead, too. Horror Hotel's about as close to the vibe as it gets, though.

source?

Xtro

Either this is bait or you're stupid. Evil that can't be described. Protagonists going mad. Feel bad ending. People setting out on an adventure. People going missing as the story progresses. You suck.

Those are all meh to terrible except In the Mouth of Madness, Absentia being the shittest. It's like a mumblecore horror with terrible dialogue and boring stretches of nothing. Just as it starts to get good (the husband says it's in his room and she quickly believes him as it rushes past) it gets boring and shit again. Terrible CGI and superimposed images for spoopiness. Discount Will Sasso is also shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=DMkX4oeNIs8
Lovecraft was true kvlt

youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg

new twin peaks was kinda lovecraftian if you think about it

Underated

This movie with has some lovecraftian themes

welp, no sleeping tonight