ITT: Video Store Memories

ITT: Video Store Memories

I though this was a horror movie.

This shit was spoopy

fuck this cover

This cover spooked me real good when I was a kid

>be 10 years old
>my friends brother worked at block busters and let me check out 18s ect.
>one day decide to take home Guinea Pig 2: flowers of blood and blood
>wait for parents to go asleep
>sneak downstairs and put it on
>get about 15 mins in (beginning of dissection scene)
>run upstairs crying
>parents rush to see me, find out what i'd been watching
>never allowed near block busters again
good times anons, good times

Hey at least you didn't call the FBI like Charlie Sheen did

Still have never seen it

lmao what a retard
although my parents did think it was a snuff film for a solid 5 minutes until they saw the cover

can anyone tell me if the movie is as scary as the cover?

>walk into the wrong aisle and get stuck in the horror section
>mom is somewhere else in the store
>too scared to walk past all the tapes and too scared to stand still so just sit there with your eyes closed for what feels like 30 minutes but is actually only 3

no, it's a horror comedy classic

Whilst we are here, does anyone know the name of a B horror film where a serial killer decapitates his victims and uses their heads to grow flowers?
I think the title mentions flowerpots in it, it looked Asian I think

extremely misleading nightmare fuel covers are a lost art, fond memories

It's a heist movie about heroin junkies trying to rob a French bank. Also the main character and another guy have HIV or something and it plays into the title.

I always remember The City of Lost Children and this.

Always used to see this in the rental place. Probably only common in Ireland. Thought it was a horror turned out to be an edgy drama.

I have no idea what flick it was but there was some horror movie cover which had a landscape with a car driving on a country road, but it was sort of morphing into a monster's face

as a kid it made me think about reality way too hard and it freaked me out

England user here, I saw it all the fucking time too

When I was a kid there was this movie at my local videoclub rental place, that had a kid surrounded by stuffed animals on the cover. It was a horror from the late 80s/early 90s

Anyone remembers?

Funny how most of the time the covers were scarier than the movie themselves

Bride of Chucky>Child's Play>Seed of Chucky>Curse of Chucky>Child's Play 2>Childs Play 3

can't wait for Cult of Chucky desu

Just thinking that. The child brain conjures an idea of the film based on the image that's way more intense than the actual content.

I couldn't believe The Frighteners was a comedy after all those years.

Cmon lads, one of you autists will know these

>SEE KANE IN NO EVIL
>SEE NO EVIL IN KANE

There's some movie that was in my local rental shop, the cover had a bound girl and a snake coming at her from behind and I used to think the snake was licking her ass while she was tied up and now I've got a fetish.
Anyone know the film?

Seekane No Evil is my favorite anime

The cover for Pandorum always sketched me out

blockbuster boner alert

?

There was a store called Tweeter that had this poster on one of the walls in one of the watching rooms, spooked me as a kid

ding ding ding we have a winner

My local video store had a poster for pic related up in the window for a while. Checked it out when I was older, turns out it was a no budget, Canadian Toxic Avenger rip-off. Now I wonder who decided to prominently feature it in the store window and why.

>2 being that low
Fuck that, it was a lot better than 1 in some ways.

1>2>Bride>Curse (purely for the fanservice)>>shit>seed>3

i laughed more

nah 2 and 3 are basically the same as the first but worse

It's been years. Maybe I'm turning into a nostalgic old fuck. I remember loving the finale in the factory in 2 more than anything else in the series.

And also HATING 3.

both 2 and 3 have great finales that might be better than the 1st, but the majority of 2 and 3 just feels like the same movie over again but not as fun

I gotchu

>Mickey Rooney as Joe Petto

There was this horror movie that i took out from the 90s or early 2000s about a killer scarecrow. The artwork had a Halloween 3 quality.

Hmm I don't think so. This one has the chicks ass facing away from the camera, like all fours and was black background.
Thanks though senpai

thanks man

Best memories was of the video van that used to come round to rural areas for cheap, and VHS piracy by linking friend's video recorders together.

New Wave Hookers 3

>X Rated

I still can’t believe this movie was made.

Yea, I fucking remember this. NEVER saw it but it was always there.

so many of these comedy/horror movies had covers that were way fucking scarier than the actual horror movies