Does this movie really deserves all the acclaim it's getting?

Does this movie really deserves all the acclaim it's getting?

It has an actual story and characters which is a huge step up for modern horror movies.

Yes

It received positive reviews, it's not like people are hailing it as the best horror movie of the 21st century.

No, it's just getting shilled hardcore here by people with paychecks.

why not

Actually I've heard it described as just that and not just by anons but by normal people and eve non TV.

its a movie that was released in September, after one of the 12 months in film in history, that isn't abjectly horrid.

is this little jew box office magic?

Yes, name a better Hollywood movie made this year

Why do millenials think disliking things other people like makes them cool?

It's an 8/10, maybe 8.5/10 horror film. You don't come across those very often

This entirely.
The spooky parts of it are not all that great (some of it's good, some of it's meh, some of it's plain bad, mostly because of CGI), but it actually has a story and most of the characters are interesting and have their own personality (apart from the jewish kid and the black kid who might as well not have been there).

It is great that he could play the innocent loving Mike in ST and also the foul mouth Richie

For some it's probably an image thing but personally, if a film is being praised to hell and back, it's 9 times out of 10 not even close to deserving of that hype. Take Homecoming that both Sup Forums and Sup Forums are obsessed with, it's a bad movie with bad structure, terrible casting, shameless pandering, and will feel very stale in the next few years due to it relying on internet humor and current trends instead of having genuinly well written lines and jokes yet it's making mad bank, it's being praised by normies, it's set to be "the best Spider-Man ever!" however it's weaker than Rami's Spider-Man by a very large margin in many areas.

IT being praised so hard? those are red flags to me. Not to mention the only reason it's being talked about on Sup Forums is because of the red head

>Kids swearing constantly
>There's a black kid but he's not as important as the others
>There's only one girl and she falls in love with the main white kid
>There's a fat kid
>Rehash of a popular thing that was already done

Felt like a really long live action south park episode with some jump scares.

But I liked it.

It's better than other horror movies these days but that's seriously not saying much. It's not a masterpiece or anything and I agree, it's being shilled so much it's obscene.

i don't see it shouldn't

It was definitely leaps and bounds ahead of the miniseries

>$478 million in 17 days on a $35 million budget
Wew

>and now I'm gonna have to kill this fucking clown

Yes, it's juicy kino

Why does he look like he's grabbing a cock on the thumbnail?

Wonder how the boys felt during this

Is the not-subtle-at-all blood scene in the book too? I feel like I've seen the exact same metaphor for menstruating somewhere else before also.

How did they film that? Does she jump into a pile of blue screen pillows?

no, she jumps into water

>Does this movie really deserves all the acclaim it's getting?

Sorta. There's obviously good things about the film, but there is equally as much mediocre/ shit going on. I personally liked the kids and they are what keeps this movie from falling off the deep end.

Some of the shit i think wasn't so good (Keep in mind this is coming from someone who hasn't seen the minseries or read the books) I disliked how the film threw out any sense of tension or lead up. The pacing was the worst thing about this movie. It felt like they wanted to get to the scares without earning any of them.

I also dislike how there isn't any initial reaction to Georgie's disappearance seen. We just skip, to some time later when summer break starts without any emotional shit.

The kids are introduced real quick them BAM. Get spooked ya gook. Instead of having us get used to the characters it assumes we already know them and decides to forgo any sort of buildup.

I like pennywise in concept but he wasn't really executed well. He wasn't menacing and never really felt that threatening. I heard about a ritual being done in the books, and i think that should have been something used, because it undermines this cosmic being down to simply a little bitch. Little kids kicked his ass because they weren't afraid? This guy can eat your ass in a second and you're telling me they beat him because they weren't afraid? Ya, nah fuck that.

Wasn't a fan of the voice thing he did. I think he should have done that child like voice in the beginning to lure Georgie but then have a much more menacing voice as the Losers begin to investigate him.

Mike and Stan were shafted. Mike especially felt like an out of placed character that REALLY didn't need to be there.

It felt like the scenes didn't flow together at all. And that's what really ruined it for me.

Why do you have to spam this disgusting kike everywhere?

Isn't that kind of dangerous in real life?

Why would they feel anything? She literally has the body of a boy.
It's like watching a dude undress except he's wearing girl underwear

>88142361
>kike
Whut?

(I mean dangerous as in the risk of getting the take wrong and having to try it again would be a lot of effort)
>It's like watching a dude undress except he's wearing girl underwear
Hot desu

New Richie got like fuckall character development
Seth Green's Richie was lots better
I mean for fuck's sake there isn't even a point in Pennywise saying "Beep Beep" when the Losers don't ever bother saying that to Richie beforehand
New Richie just throws lots of "fucks" around instead of having actual banter

Pretty sure they'd make sure how deep the water is exactly where she jumps before she does that

Why would that require more effort for a retake than any other scenes?

>Seth Green's Richie was lots better
Lmao

Cause she'd had to climb and/or walk back to the top and get dry before trying again

yeah wtf why didnt they say beep beep to ritchie?

Even with no character development Finn is still a far better actor
He literally made the character great himself

The entire theatre cheered at that moment

>here isn't even a point in Pennywise saying "Beep Beep"
When I heard that part in the movie I also thought I must have missed something and didn't get what the clown meant.
I agree with this, the kid was very good. The kid that fell and broke his arm was excellent as well.

He got more than Mike & Ben, they got shafted

In my case they just laughed out loud at this. Also a lot of viewers laughed at the penis jokes.

only if your a frail little bitch

humour was a hit and miss when I saw it, I heard some "heh" during some moments.

Every scene felt like it had fifty bright flashing arrows pointing to the scary thing and screaming "THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU GET SCARED NOW"

why are the bullies so aesthetic?

This scene was clownkino

to be fair the whole point of the jewish kid is that he's super shy and truly terrified. he's the one kid It gets close to actually killing because he's the most scared of it.

Not to mention that 27 years later when they're all adults, he kills himself upon hearing that It's back because he's so traumatized by what happened to him as a kid.

This is so true
The bullies were a part they got just right. The hair, the clothes (like the cat t-shirt), the way they acted. Having them drive that Trans Am was a perfect choice as well.

what was his fear?

So is it actually a good horror film or is it more like a good adventure film with jumpscares?

I thought he was afraid of his religion in the movie.

I actually felt the miniseries dealt with the kids a lot better, they are all properly introduced one at a time and spend some quality time with one another instead of random bathroom cleaning and the equally pointless swimming scene that felt more about them oogling Bevy than anything else.
Spook, effect and atmosphere wise the new It is a lot better sure. And the new Pennywise is also pretty good, he can be both scary and entertaining, though I do wish he was also more humorous like Currywise

He is. Finn got shafted with Richie, holy shit his first pennywise scare is basically the projector with everyone else, it's like the producers totally forgot about his character up until that point.
It also doesn't help his banter is basically saying fuck and yo mamma's
He does a good enough job protraying Richie but the character itself is awful compared to the book or the miniseries

Best spooks all happened when Pennywise wasn't shifted into an overdesigned monster, really makes you think

I'm so glad others appreciate this scene, it was so fucking good

the later, outside of the jumpscares I doubt anyone was scared at all.
I really enjoyed the garage scene.

It's a very entertaining film, and that's all it's trying to be.

Heads and shoulders above any big budget horror movie in recent memory.

It's a good black comedy mixed with a nice coming of age story

I didn't understand what are the fat and the jew kiddo fears.

It's better than most horror movies these days, but still not very good or scary. I really disliked the boss battle scene at the end where the kids very cheesily faced their fears and beat up the big bad guy like it was nothing. It also bothered me that Pennywise didn't really have anything profound to say in his last moments. He basically just resorted to some cheesy ploy to fuck with the kids by making them abandon their friend, a pretty common trope. I expected more from an ancient supernatural/extraterrestrial demon. His last word was literally just "fear". I feel like the writers really just gave up at the end there. Also what happened to all the floating kids who drifted down after Pennywise "died"? Was Georgie among them?

What kind of history book would have thirty pages devoted to a slightly zoomed in picture of a decapitated kid's head?

Yeah, definitely the best part of the movie

The one altered by Pennywise, user-kun

I don't understand the hype about this new pennywise

That was Pennywise fucking with him

It would have been a lot better without the jumpscare and all that comes after it

It was just okay, but it's definitely better than almost all the mainstream horror that people are used to. Plus 80's nostalgia is big right now.

Even Stan and Mike who didn't get much development are more fleshed out than most modern horror movie protagonists.

An Amedeo Modigliani painting.

>Pennywise will never make you give up your baby and listen to it being eaten and tell you that you should thank him your meat flesh body isn't rotting in the ground already

fuck

Just like Wonder Woman: No

Mike got development?

This is actually good though

No. The cinematography is mediocre, the kids were fine, but come on, its not early 2000s, kids can act nowadays. The "scary" moments were lame, soundtrack was not memorable. Its 5/10 at best, but normies and retards consume so much shit today that unconsciously this a bit better shit felt like a good movie for them, but in fact its not.

>Mike knocks over projector
>next frame that comes up is all the kids sitting in the garage
>Pennywise is in the picture with them, about to grab one of the losers
>all the kids flip their shit

That would have been better, but I didn't mind it.

>the sfx when giant pennywise is moving
Literally ripped out of some dungeon crawler vidya when you bump against walls which probably came from one of those sound packs in the first place

Did you completely ignore the scene at the beginning with his grandpa and when he was talking with the Losers at the 4th of July parade?

>I'm not real enough for you?

It's got great characterization, which is it's main focus. just like 2 other great horror movies Alien and the Thing. It understands what's important in horror where the monster is just a catalyst for the threats of real life. Great soundtrack, great visuals, probably the best pacing in a horror film for quite a while. then you throw in the 80's aesthetic to pander to nostalgia and a trouble jail bait red head for the autists and you've got yourself a winner. Not to mention how much the original is embedded in pop culture and the clown cosplay craze last year. it was destined for success. I think it's more amazing that it's as good as it is.

What was behind the other two doors? What was the point of them being there when they never considered using them?

The horror aspect was shit.

The "kids on an adventure" part was pretty charming. They were pretty funny and mostly likeable. I disliked the bullies and liked the good kids. That's a pro.

> great pacing
> let's jump through each characters fears within 15 minutes without any connection
> great visuals
kek

>mfw the fat kid has bigger tits than her

On an unrelated topic, is Finn Wolfhard the David Bowie of our generation?

This would actually enhance that later scene.

I live close to Lake Powell, its pretty common, to go clif diving, not to say it's safe. I think they just wanted a little nod to stranger things.

It was better than Goonies, so yes

> a little nod to stranger things.
As if the 80s setting, Finn Wolfhard, the cute badass girl and the bicycles wasn't enough

I'm hoping they include it in Part 2. The actor for Pennywise said they shot the scene or at least a very similar one since he said it was a scene in the 1600s where Pennywise first interacts with the settlers of Derry. And he said that Part 2 will have more character for Pennywise than Part 1, where he's mostly a boogeyman figure.

it was a solid watch

>t. faggot

Why is this allowed

It's not. Enjoy your ban.

There is a very expensive monster made of both practical and CGI effects behind the right-most door that cost nearly half the film's budget to create.

Unfortunately, we never get to see it because Bill doesn't open that door, but it goes to show the amount of detail that went into the film.

What did it look like?

pennywise was a cosntant hit and miss, it was constantly jumping for great visuals to shit visuals.
Also too much shaky camera shit

What was the point of Mike, diversity quota?

I don't know but it was very scary.

It made the hanging girl seem not scary at all.

He's a character in the book you mong