Is it true that people who dislike Rick and Morty are unintelligent?

Is it true that people who dislike Rick and Morty are unintelligent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EwXAG9IuDyY
youtube.com/watch?v=65puoZ2ovh4
youtube.com/watch?v=H30HJtfU7QA
youtu.be/hM55RmriF0k
youtu.be/DkG5OMry6_k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no, some of Sup Forums like it.

Of course it's true.

Sure. It's pretty obvious you hate the show.

I think your IQ might not be high enough to contribute to this thread...

I have a 120 IQ and i watch it because it's so terrible and i constantly want to see what people love about this garbage. it's not a well thought out show at all.

Read the article. Whoever wrote it thinks highschool-tier nihilism is smart.

>literally missing the point of who Rick is by creating a group of hyper fans dedicated to acting like him
wow that's next level retarded

I have 127 and I think it's okay, but not brilliant. I can see why people would like it.

Well you definitely are due to the inverse error you just committed.

I love Ricky and Mort. You're the one acting like you dislike it and are therefore unintelligent.

Rick and Morty fans are the best

youtube.com/watch?v=EwXAG9IuDyY

No. People that hate Rick and Morty have taste.

watch out boys, we have a top 10%-er over here. You don't wanna argue with this brain machine.

its story is fine but it's thematically a mess and not at all consistent

It kind of is a train wreck with scientific language thrown in. They should tip a fedora after every episode. Still enjoy it though

at least be engaging when you give me (you)s, thanks

Kind of like watching destruction derby.

It's like if Futurama was written by people who hated themselves and likes Star Wars more than Star Trek, now that i think about it

I want to attend one sometime, because i also don't get that either

I don't understand what's happening here, I'm not gonna lie that I've never imagined myself being the singer in a song I'm listening to or Hitler during one of his speeches but this is just. What the fuck is this? Why does this exist?

its the undertale of tv. overall really solid with some genuinely amazing moments but somehow it created one of the worst fanbases in recent history, which leads people to think its shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=65puoZ2ovh4

no, also I thought it was worth mentioning that you IQ is very lovecraftian.

I don't think you understand simple entertainment for the sake of entertainment. The point of this show isn't really to be intellectual, but to satirise intellectualism for the sake of cheap kicks. It works right up until underage idiots and pretentious dipshits start taking it seriously.

The Pickle Rick episode pretty much states that people who identify with Rick lack self control and are unable to grasp the bigger picture of their place in the world.

meta meme ratio:
>75% in on the joke
>25% LARP

But what's so smart about? Futurama had math formula easter eggs and stuff, there's nothing like that in R&M. What do they literally mean? Rick is basically a wizard, the only reference to science were the shrodingers cats in the time episode

What's so smart about it

Probably, but idiots like it to. Overall its a good show and nice that its atheistic

>I have a 120 IQ
Do you honestly think that's a lot?

When you make a fantasy show but just slap the word 'science' over everything and make references to popular sci-fi movies, stupid people think you're being smart.

The philosophy
Example love is just chemicals in your brain

Its probably just dumb kids who relate to the atheist jokes.

That's an interesting thought. Although it the show seems to have a problem with idiots and intellectuals.

Personally my cheap shows that i enjoy are American Horror Story Cult so i do get entertainment for the sake of it, i'm not autistic

Mines 180 and I love the show

> just chemicals.

Anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together should be able to tell you that "just chemicals" constitutes the primary factor of pretty much everything going on in your brain.

Yes it's "just" chemicals, but so's your fucking wankstains you trip using faggot holy shit why is there a tripfag fuck

Rick and Morty is just chemicals in your brains.

What causes the chemicals?

Ya cuz worshipping a dead jewish man (despite thinking youre an antisemite) on a stick makes you so smart

That's good. You can enjoy it for what it is without attaching more meaning to it than there actually is.

Well done. You've displayed more intelligence than the majority of the fans of this show. You know when to stop scraping the barrel.

Is that really what you understood that post to mean?

External Stimulus with internal cognition. Neurochemistry is pretty dope.

You're essentially saying that chemicals cause the chemicals so you're not explaining anything.

>being a big brain nibba
I'll bet people throw rocks at you

220 reporting in.

>Enjoy cartoons like Rick & Morty
>Even like staring at paint dry
>tfw 2 intelligent 2 hate

I don't have to explain a single fucking thing to you though. I am disinclined to do so because you seem to think you have a right to demand answers from people you don't even know.

You do understand that everything you see has a chemical, molecular structure right?

>You do understand that everything you see has a chemical, molecular structure right?

Which is precisely why you didn't explain anything. Your answer to what causes the chemical reaction we call love is cognition, which is essential just more chemicals.

If I were you I would stop pretending to know the answers to things that I don't. Then I wouldn't get upset when people asked me to account for those beliefs.

144 here, ive never watched this show

Except cognition has it's basis in theoretical psychotherapy rather than that of clinical psychiatry.

Which you clearly need.

Now this is smart and interesting. And I haven't seen anything like this in Rick and Morty. Rick and Morty seems to be full of edgy self-deprecating comedy and references to pop culture and some entry level Sci Fi. Season 3 doesn't feel like the pilot at all. They have plots about divorce and therapy now? It's like edgier Venture Bros with unlikable characters

What's so smart about it?

So are you saying that there's a ultimately metaphysical explanation for love? Then love is not just chemicals.

What you just did was jump to a conclusion based on thinking that you have already decided upon.

You're not discussing facts or theories. You're just forcing your opinion on people. On a Mexican washing board community wall.

>tfw used to normally watch this show when the first two seasons came out with no issue because no one was talking about it
>tfw i listened to Sup Forums when they said this show was bad and i dont want to be associated with the people who started watching this show
>tfw cant enjoy the show now

I haven't taken a position at all, I'm only trying to find out what love is by asking you questions. You said the chemical reaction called love is caused by cognition, but if cognition is itself purely chemicals then it doesn't work as an explanation. Chemicals can't ultimately cause chemicals. So cognition ultimately need a metaphysical explanation but if it needs that then love can't be considered just chemicals.

Its a few steps up from family guy.
Its got a main character that's not a mary sue and is an asshole anti hero.
Its not meant for smart or dumb people its just a fun concept, IE doc and marty from back to the future with different dimensions travel.
It called back to a lot of sci fyi stuff.
Its got some edgy humor and some sweet moments to it.
It also contradicts its self and doesn't take its self too seriously.
HOWEVER.
I don't like that shows named after main characters, show a lot of side characters that we don't really care about and are forced to.
If you get a little drunk and don't think about it too hard it can make you laugh.
It is not the more intelligent show ever.

>Season 3 doesn't feel like the pilot at all.
All female plot writers and like I mentioned more talk about side characters that we dont care about.
Keep it stupid simple.
Old man and his grandson out on scifyi adventure.

>List something you've learned in the last two weeks that has changed the way you perceive the world around you?
>?
>tfw to intelligent
This is fake, right?

Family guy in its prime would do circles around Rick and Morty

youtube.com/watch?v=H30HJtfU7QA

>Its got a main character that's not a mary sue
Rick is the biggest Mary Sue currently on television.

Your mentality strikes me as that of someone who believes there has to be an extra-real significance behind something for it to be relevant to individual concern.

You're looking at a massively broad picture and trying to pick out something like Love - which in the context of that picture is a tiny, miniscule detail - and telling people to explain how they go together.

The answer is that they don't really. Love is a social construct defined by human culture. However our understanding of the cognitive basis of love is advanced enough that we are capable of analyzing the chemicals associated with it and replicating it's effects through serotonin, adrenaline and oxytocin hormonal chemicals in other creatures.

You disavow the possibility for abstract thought without first appreciating that we as humans are the caretakers of this world and that we become better at doing so by learning more about ourselves in the process.

he believes in the wage gap
but he doesn't like to work with women

not that he's anything, he doesn't try and make the world a better place. he's a nihilist

>The point of this show isn't really to be intellectual, but to satirise intellectualism
it isn't a satire at all, stop being dishonest
the nihilism in that show is completely unironic

>local strip club
>on anime night
I-is this real? Asking for a friend.

You know the other characters have to absolutely love the Mary Sue and the Mary Sue has to never make mistakes for that to count, right? Most of the characters hate Rick and Rick has constantly been a fuck-up.

They're also misogynist fat neckbeard nazis.

Of course they're unintelligent by our standards.

How many of them actually make time to watch Bill Maher, Colbert, John Oliver and Seth Meyer? How many of them have Vox and Snopes on their taskbars next to Rational Wiki and NeoGaf?

How many of thesr losers are subscribed to Far Right demagogues like Paul Joseph Watson or Pewdiepie? You can be sure they watch h3h3 but don't listen to the podcast.

Ever been around these people? I feel like Rust from True Detective everytime I hear them breathe.

> fart jokes.
> nihilism.

Pick one.

it's a mix of fart jokes and high school-tier attempts at intellectualism, mainly nihilistic commentary

That was exquisitely put

It doesn't strike you that the intellectualism is being presented at a high school level because that's who the show is directed towards as a viewer demographic?

It's South Park with cool, extreme characters that kids today will totally understand.

Yes, except we're supposed to hate almost all the characters who hate Rick, or they're people who are incredibly fucking weak and pathetic, like Morty's dad.

Rick can 'fuck up', but he can always fix his problems with zero fucking effort, and he's always more powerful than just about anything else in the universe(s). His fuck ups never have lasting consequences.

You're rambling and I don't understand most of it. I disavow the possibility of abstract thought? What in the world are you saying? You said that love is just chemicals and all I asked is what caused the chemicals. I don't know how from this you got to me thinking " there has to be an extra-real significance behind something for it to be relevant to individual concern." Whatever that means. Let's get this conversation back on track. I understand that love can be analyzed by looking at the chemicals in the brain. This is irrelevant to the question of what causes those chemicals in the first place.

>I haven't taken a position at all
Then there is no point talking to you, fucking retard. Whats the point of discussing anything with someone who doesn't have a position on the subject matter

Ok. I'll make it simple for you. THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN CHEMICALS.

If you want to argue this point we're talking about the creation of the universe or the perpetual cycle of growth and entropy if you like. Trying to go from that to talking about the human understanding of Love - which is a human creation that has as little to do with it's original conception as that does to the chemical hormones rushing around your blood stream - is like trying to find a grain of salt on a beach.

By all means, elucidate us as to your thinking.

>It doesn't strike you that the intellectualism is being presented at a high school level because that's who the show is directed towards as a viewer demographic?
maybe. that doesn't make it less cringeworthy though. i like the adventures, but every time the shows tries to make any kind of statement I almost feel forced to turn it off

I tried to watch it, but I started bleeding from my eyes and ears due to my brain swelling from the sheer intelligence I was gaining, so I had to turn it off.

> tries to make any kind of statement.

Provide an example that isn't contextual to the canonical setting that shows that the writers are trying to make a statement.

When you say that love is a social construct do you really mean that it's just an abstract idea that we apply to certain chemical reactions as we see fit?

>Provide an example that isn't contextual to the canonical setting
Impossible. I can't point out something on a show that isn't on a show. The fact that it's written into the characters' arc doesn't make it less of a statement.

Everything we see and do is a social construct. Importantly though you would not be sitting on your fat fucking ass breathing through your fucking mouth replying to this thread if it wasn't for social constructs like Love.

The thing is this also occurs in the so-called animal kingdom with pack animals where hunting methods are passed down through generations. This is observed in differences between animals that come from wild ancestors to animals that come from ancestors that have been released from captivity.

Potentially Love as a concept has altered our neurological make up. This would theoretically mean however that humans have created their own form of evolutionary bias through abstract reasoning.

If you consider that the character's arc is really just a slide show theatre providing those characters with input stimulus and output reaction the "statements" are kind of inconsequential.

It's just moving pictures.

youtu.be/hM55RmriF0k

PICKLE RICK ROBLOX REMIX

No, because the show has writers and producers. It's a creative work, not a self-contained work, and everything inside it is product of the creators. The fact that some kind of philosophical position is "contextual to the canonical setting" doesn't make it an alien entity that subsists by itself. It's there for a reason, it has been written in to it. They are statements from the show's writers. This is easily recognizable and one of the main reasons why the show is praised: lurk into any Rick and Morty fandom for a while and you'll see how they cling to the philosophical positions the show puts forward

youtu.be/DkG5OMry6_k

OH OH OH

Exactly why is this show meant to be smart?

i have 164 IQ and i think you re retarded.

it's as smart as The Big Bang Theory

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.

Because it panders to liberal normie delusions.

>How many of them actually make time to watch Bill Maher, Colbert, John Oliver and Seth Meyer?
I did and they sound pretentious.
Nothing matters so lets do shitty comedy stoner teenagers would giggle at.
Sounds about right.
The only characters that like rick and his daughter and granddaughter.
Morty doesn't like rick too much after the latest episode and many dimensions of morty hate ricks.
Name a person who isnt jerry and even jerrys a fucking badass in the rick potion nine episode by becoming a muscle hunter.
I like rick because hes a asshole who does not care about his kids and grand kids.
Why should he? blow up the world and go to another one.
Thats what makes him not a mary sue.
The people that hate him are dead or in different dimensions.
I dont understand how people have a huge opinion on this show either way.
It IS entry level sci fyi for stoners.

Data is information, the human brain generates data and therefore Love exists as a form of energy, technically speaking. It's real because we make it real. However this is also a form of self-delusion. The problem is that humans as a species have the power to make self-delusion a reality. Hench things like flat-earthers and anti-vaxxers.

Why do you care. The plot of the episode where that subject came up had nothing to do with actually providing closure of this subject to this or that particular point. Even the Jerry-Beth plothook was just there to titillate the idiots who think dystopian fiction is interesting. You have placed far too much significance behind something that served merely as a dramatic device rather than an intellectual hypothesis.

You're like a fish that's bitten on the bait and is wondering what that sharp stinging sensation in your cheek is.

> telling me to visit a fandom.
I'd rather shoot my own cock off.

Comedy/Satire is serious business though.

The key factor is whether it's written as character development or as a statement.

>Thats what makes him not a mary sue.
No, that's precisely what makes him a Mary Sue. He can do anything, and literally suffer no consequences for it, ever. No other being in space can challenge him, ever. That's how he operates during the entire run of the show.