Other urls found in this thread:

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Fountain_of_Youth
dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Immortal_Phoenix
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mary sue
>fat female fighter
>catering to fur fags
>vegeta is pussy whipped

Looks like even DragonBall isn't safe from sjw faggottry.

how do people over 13 watch this?
>oh shit this guy with some food-based name is going to fight Goku, I wonder if he'll win??
I understand Shonan Jump wanting to cash in one rebooting this franchise, but how can you watch this?

Why is their hair blue?

Haven't bothered with the tournament arc yet, but it looks from clips like the animation has improved. The bar is set pretty fucking low for Dragonball, but the Zamasu saga was almost unwatchable.

babby's first anime

You're thinking of gundam.

babby's first anime is probably pokemon

Anyone know how deep into super is English dubbed so far? I've been waiting forever to start it since it was fucking announced. I grew up with the old voices of goku and vegeta on toonami. I can listen to Jap dub high pitched shit.

Wanted to wait for a good number to be in English before I binge. Anyone know how many Eps are done pls?

>fat female fighter
who?

It's almost objectively terrible but still watchable if you don't have any big demands from your entertainment media, so I guess I like it

They're like 5 episodes into the Universe 6 Tournament arc, which would put it somewhere in the 30s in terms of total episodes

Google it faggot. But it'll be almost two years before they catch up to the shows airing now.

ive been watching english around ep 34 now

Retard spotted

Is there any reason at all to watch the first ~30 episodes that are retreads of the movies?

What a baffling decision that was.

the show has been good since the Universal Tournament started around episode 77 or so
honestly the only anime i can bear this season

In her normal state she's skinny but when she transforms into full power she gets fat and a lot of characters think she's beautiful when she's fat.

Not really
They take decent/good 90 minute movies with adequate animation and turn them into 6 hour flash animations
I guess if you're really autistic about canon it would be worth seeing just so you don't miss out on all the filler, but other than that, I can't think of a good reason

>gets good 77 episodes in
ah, anime. how I do not miss you

It was nice that they almost let Piccolo be halfway relevant in the last ep that aired on Toonami.

I realize the powercreep has gotten to fucking insane levels but I miss the days when the other Z fighters that aren't named Goku and Vegeta got to do things besides comment on Goku and Vegeta fighting.

a mistake. probably one of the worst anime I've ever seen. and I still continue to tune to it every fucking week.

>and I still continue to tune to it every fucking week.
why ?

I've heard its better than GT but I haven't had a chance to watch it all yet

because I love Dragon Ball, even though I know this series is stupid as fuck.

Irredeemably shit

meant for

So she's just a reverse Buu?
So what?

Fanfic garbage with no suspense or stakes whatsoever.

Yeah it's so fucking entertaining to watch a fat furry who destroys planets on a whim because xddd his food wasn't tasty or what now, some child who can delete existence if he gets bored?

Like shut the fuck up, at least take yourself semi-seriously.

Oh and don't get me started on the plotlines for this shit. They truly ran out of ideas.

The only episode I saw that I actually liked was the Vegeta and Roshi one recently

How is Roshi still alive by the way, he's got to be 150

>tfw Super Namekian God never

>Piccolo will never fuse with all the remaining Namekians into some mega powerful hivemind
Why the fuck not? Piccolo is already like, what, 4 different people?

That's scene was actually pretty funny. It goes into some sailor moon shit, and just at that moment I start thinking "wait is this dbz? What am I watching?" Outta nowhere android 17 blindsides the fat bitch in the middle of her speech... I legit kekked out loud.

He drank from the fountain of youth back in DB

>no suspense or stakes whatsoever.

So everything in the Dragonball franchise since 1984?

Nah meng, this came on with sailor moon and ReBoot

There's just slight differences. The biggest being the huge change in power levels in the show. SSG Goku and Beerus were throwing blows and creating quakes throughout the entire universe which would result in the universe tearing itself apart if they kept it up.

>Have a technique that seals a fighter no matter their power level
>Wastes it on literal whos instead of on Jiren

>implying Jiren can't will himself to not budge from Mafuba

kek you mad weeb?

I can't stop tuning into this shitty show. Other TV anime look acceptable so why are Toeicucks so incompetent?

I know that the reason why the character designs look so shit is because Toei needs simple deigns for easier animating.

I can't see why, they've done great animation plenty of times just to make still and repetitive fight scenes that end in a blandly done blast? Fuck that

>not enough budget
>running out of time
>also working on Wan Piss

I like some of the filler episodes, like Arale, and Pan flying was alright.

The rest of the show is so easy to guess though and the stupid ex machina everywhere.

I did like Future Trunk's ending until the little god guy was involved

they are just fucking lazy

The fighter has to be evil. Jiren fights for justice and the whole tournament is because Goku wants to fight strong opponent he would never allow that.

Vegeta's not evil

From Frost's point of view, the Jedi are evil.

No it doesn't, when Goku was learning it for whatever reason he was using it on Roshi's turtle, and Piccolo reversed it against Kami

>also working on Wan Piss

One Piece is the worst it's ever looked.

it's trash but I like it

it's pretty fucking hilarious. guilty pleasure as fuck

also this webm toppo kekku

the epitome of ridiculous. I hope they continue the show even after the tournament with something new like platinum cell or something

or evil yamcha

Perfect example
Just wew, I hadn't watched enough of this to notice they used the same fight scene twice. That's just pathetic.
At least when Naruto did it with the fight from cowboy Bebop, it was completely drawn over.

>vegeta is not evil

Cock this is the rules of the game

Vegita can't ride on the nimbus either though so...

>Not being pure of heart=\=evil

haven't seen the wapanese version but is the answer gouge his eyes out or otherwise blind him?

Yeah but if the evil containment wave works on the turtle and Roshi and shit, then I'm theorizing that only the pure hearted like goku could be immune?

This series is actually horrible.
The first arc was alright, with beerus vs goku and all that, after that everything went to utter shit.
This doesnt have the DBZ manime tv14 feel to it, it feels like a half-ass slice of life tv y7 anime.
The story is horrible, the animation is horrible.
If I didnt love DBZ as much as I do I would never watch this trash.

2/10 wouldnt watch if i was you
also i dont watch anime

Yes, because ECW holds you by the evil within

Is DBM better?

seems about right.

yeah but its funny

and the animation is slightly ok ever 20 episodes

GT was better

How do you like your Saiyan girls, Sup Forums?

I agree that the lack of ultraviolence is what killed DBS, and the end of Z to an extent.

So wouldn't the flying nimbus be a good test? Can't ride the nimbus = ECW is gonna work? I'm guessing Jiren can prolly ride the nimbus.

we've come down to this.

Kale for sure. Shy in public, freak between the sheets.

>Dragon Ball will never be about comfy chink inspired adventures and marital arts again

Have you ever seen the 'power level chart' shit?
It seems kind of meme but it actually puts DBZ in perspective sort of. It went something like

Goku start: 400
Goku vs nappa: 9k-23k
Goku arriving on namek: 190k
Goku super saiyan: 18m
Goku SS2: 240m
Goku ss3: 500m

500m vs beerus was literally nothing

Now with that said, master roshi went from probably like 200 to the point of competing with people at the super saiyan or higher level, this alone here shows you how poorly written this shit is, even though its nerdy/meme as fuck to phrase it like this.

good

Only Redditors, New Fags, and Fedoras like it Super
GT was for Chads

deviantart tier designs

Like Super Animation?

power level stuff went out the window at the start of the Cell saga, it was all ki sensing after Frieza. It was just something Toriyama thought was cool. Toriyama is like anti-autist with how little he cares about this stuff and just does what he thinks is cool or funny. All the super saiyan numbers you're describing aren't canon

I need to get caught up. I think I stopped right before the episode with the sniper, or whatever was going on there. I'll probably wait until next weekend to watch the episodes I've missed, since there's not going to be a new episode this week anyway.

To be fair, outside certain key episodes, DBZ looked like barely passable trash too.

It's okay if you don't take it too seriously. I enjoy watching it. I like seeing Frieza and other characters get the spotlight, like 17.

It's the only anime I still watch.

i thought it was the immortal phoenix that granted him immortality

mte bro

yeah because vegeta and goku totally dont look stupid now with blue hair and eyebrows. you're clearly a tumblrtard.

Any retconning is worth making Roshi relevant again.

the SSJ4 designs should've been what SSJ God looks like isntead of just lazy recolors.

The only good thing about super are the El Grande Padre and Godhan memes.
Aside from that its literally "just turn your brain off" tier.

This show is set in a universe where Super Saiyan 4 doesn't exist, so Goku and Vegeta have to become stronger in other ways. What happens is that these god characters show up in the first arc and introduce the main cast to something called "divine energy" that only the cool kids know how to use, and of course the Saiyans start training with it, all except for Gohan who doesn't need it for some reason.

This new energy also turns their hair blue whenever they go Super Saiyan, fuck you kevin from school stop asking why their hair is blue that's why.

Are neither GT nor this Canon?
Also someone post old ssj5 and 6 concept ideas

Hmm, both I guess?

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Fountain_of_Youth
dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Immortal_Phoenix

To add on to this, the blue form is the Super Saiyan form of Super Saiyan God -- hence why Goku's hair is standing up like in his standard Super Saiyan form.

Super Saiyan God is a red color of their original hair and they're much thinner.

What's canon is debatable, but best I can tell, GT is canon to the original DBZ anime, and Super is canon to DBZ Kai. There's not really any singular canon that overrides all the rest, aside from maybe Toriyama's original manga run.

The Super manga is also canon. The anime is quite a ways ahead of it and will basically be following the same path despite some execution differences.

>Are neither GT nor this Canon?
Super is the new canon. GT is a "side story".

>all except for Gohan who doesn't need it for some reason.
He found a different way.

it should be called Dragon Ball Meta
i'm fucking baffled how you dums haven't figured out what is really going on yet

what is zen philosophy you fucking childe

GT was non-canon.

Super is the official sequel to DBZ, written by the guy who started the comics back in the 80s.

Does he really write it, though? I get the impression that he just kind of gives Toyotaro/Toei's writers bullet points, and they write a story around that. I feel like he's Japan's Stan Lee at this point, where they basically keep him around partly out of respect, and also to give Super more weight.

The nips don't give a shit about canon.

He does, thats why there are so many differences between the manga and the anime.

>He found a different way.
I think the implication is that Gohan's Mystic powers are inherently more potent than Super Saiyan to begin with, and he knows that he can surpass his father even without divine energy.