Seasons 1-3 of Family guy were actually kinda good, despite the bad rap the show gets as a whole, because s4+ is so bad

Seasons 1-3 of Family guy were actually kinda good, despite the bad rap the show gets as a whole, because s4+ is so bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IDG3bJCurxU
youtube.com/watch?v=T8hIPdqeKts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>is the bull out of the room? good, because my little white penis is just BEGGING to burst out of this itty pink thong and breathe in some of that 100% PURE GRADE bull juice.
>you wanna see me do it?
>then you'll have to buy my next tape

1-3 is kino, 4-6 is good, 7+ is terrible.

Fun fact: Family Guy has a definitive point where it jumped the shark, can you guess where?

The 5-minute Conway twitty scene in the OJ episode

SHABOOPIE
SHABOOPIE
SHABOOPIE
THE GIRL IS HARD TO GET

SHABOOPIE
SHABOOPIE
SHABOOPIE
BUT YOU CAN WIN HER YET

I tried watching random episodes from Season 1 to 3, but the show has not held up at all.

I love the idea of William Shatner doing a play where he just stops halfway through, pauses, and yells KHAN, then it's over.
youtube.com/watch?v=IDG3bJCurxU

Let me guess, you were 12-16 when you watched it the first time, right?

It's hard for a comedy to stay fresh after a few seasons. But I think people's dislike of modern Family Guy is overblown, and some of it comes down to the fact that they've already seen a bunch of episodes--they've already gotten the point and grown tired of it. If you hadn't seen any Family Guy before and sat down in front of one of the more recent episodes, you'd probably think it's a lot better than you do now. I'm not saying that it's all subjective, but I think a lot of it is. I still enjoy the occasional episode, but that's probably because I don't expect a lot out of it. It's something to put on while I surf the internet.

There was something actually bold about how lazy Family Guy was when it first aired.

When Family Guy came back after their hiatus the show was markedly different. 1-3 are good in their own way but 3-6 are actually kino, more than people give it credit for.

B-B-B-BIRD BIRD BIRD

>Seasons 1-3 of Family guy were actually kinda good
Yeah, that's not really a secret. The general reaction online when Family Guy was cancelled was that FOX just killed another great show before its time. People shared episodes on stuff like limewire and signed internet petitions. It even took a while for people to start hating it once it came back. It might be hard to believe, but there was a time when Family Guy was considered comedy genius.

By the way, if you like the first couple seasons of Family Guy, you should watch 3 South. It was created by some of the Family Guy writers. It's basically old Family Guy minus the cutaway gags.

I don't get what your complaint is

I miss when Stewie was a genius who hated his mom and not some faggot.

thisu desu

I remember thinking "this isn't Family Guy" the first time I watched the murder mansion mystery episode. I think it was the first episode they did with the newest generation of animation.

I skip that episode every time

but that episode was kino

He showed signs of gayness in the early seasons, but that definitely became most of his personality later on.

I happily rewatch early season reruns. I can't handle the new shit it's just awful.

I'm gonna say the 40 year old virgin parody episodes they did with stewie.

old family guy brings me almost tears of happiness, i have such good memories

the humor in 1-3 was much more absurdist, and the characters weren't so flanderized yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=T8hIPdqeKts

i had this episode on psp and would loop this scene when she rips the shirt off cause it made me feel funny. over a decade later an im still embarrassed by it, but maybe admitting it will quell the shame

That one was one of the fewer good modern Family Guy episodes. It focuses less on cutaways and more on the story.

I don't know if you can find it, but there's a manipulated gif out there of her taking off her top

>episode ends with lois, peter or meg giving a 5-minute long lecture on morals to the audience

The second giant chicken fight.

Mein fucking comrade. Literally me. Minus the embarrassment, never apologize for doing things for your penis

Didn't they actually animate her taking her bra off, but didn't broadcast it? I think I saw that on Newgrounds once.

>family guy on Sup Forums

did i walk into reddit?

>5 minute music performance
those are the worst thing in FG

Newer Family Guy is pretty much that same as its been post season 3. The first couple of seasons were ok but too based on having a lesson to be learned. I watch Family Guy for the stupid shit they do, if I wanted to watch characters grow I'd watch a drama.

The writer's strike?

New family guy is unironically better than Rick and Morty

american dad > family guy

>shit is better than shittier shit
Not much of an accomplishment there famalamdingdong

Well boys,looks like this thread's done.

I would say AD is still the best cartoon on even with
>muh female writers

I can only remember the end of the first series of bad episodes/bad new family guy, the first funny episode after a long while is Peter and Chris make Handiquaks. So somewhere in season 6 or 7.

this, holy shit. american dad is so much more clever (while still being shit)

I had that fucking season on DVD and would loop that scene and fap to it along with other lewd Family Guy scenes. I ain't ashamed bitch nigga, I'm an alpha male.

>That episode where Peter has to be the towns clam mascot, Gets into the ocean.

>I think I got a wave here

Something about Seth's voice IS funny to me like right then. It's wierd as fuck to like some parts of Seth and be so turned off by other parts.