Country roads, take me home to the place I belong

Country roads, take me home to the place I belong.
West Virginia, mountain mamma, take me home, country roads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo
youtube.com/watch?v=RIv5NiKD9GI
youtube.com/watch?v=zCOSTgLb6zI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>starts out amazing
>then it just talk talk talk until the ending +/-1 action scene inbetween
>didnt top or did anything equal to church fight from 1
1st one was better

Why didn't they make the suits bombproof?

For sure. Mark was great, but everyone else was a total letdown

5/10, it was noticeably bad ELTON

That church fight was awesome. I knew they wouldnt be able to top it.

Too much talking, for shure, and at least 30 minutes of movie was irrelevant and could be easily cut for a shorter movie.
Church scene, it was unexpected an that is what made it awesome, apart from being good. You cant repeat that in sequel, when you expect everything to be over the top. a
I liked Golden Circle, shure it was not as fresh as first one, but very few sequels are, and it does not deserve that bad reviews

Feels like most characters didn't have much development - only Merlin's character really shines through

There is no resolution to Eggsy's doubts about Harry, to Harry's hallucinations, etc...

>President impeached for a drugged up woman

Really got the noggin joggin

>You cant repeat that in sequel, when you expect everything to be over the top
you can and thats the thing, you expect it and then leave disappointed because you didnt get it

Script was such an afterthought. Harry's stuff was legit there just to make the audience unsure about Whiskey, but stuff like the motor skills had 0 payoff and mysteriously vanished.

>Yeah, Matthew. Matthew and Jane (Goldman). It went backwards and forwards and I don't know how much I’m allowed to say. In the original script that came up - I kept getting calls from Matthew while I was in New York I think while was doing A View From A Bridge on Broadway. He kept saying "Listen I’ve got something to tell you. I need too, I’m not sure…", and he kept prevaricating around the houses and ultimately he said "I think Merlin is going to die in this one, how do you feel about it?" And I said "Well I don’t feel great about it? But, if it you feel it’s necessary for the movie..." if there’s one thing I know he can do is tell a great story.

>And then he rang me and said "No, no he’s going to get blown up and survive.’ And I said "Oh great." And we shot… when we got together everybody was like Merlin can’t die, so we shot an ending where he survives. I don’t know if you remember there’s a scene where Channing Tatum is dancing in the movie and he’s wearing this strange blue suit and when the pool table is opened and all the weapons appear, there’s a blue suit. That’s a ballistic resistant piece of Statesmen kit and the idea is it resists ballistics. So Merlin is wearing it when he is on the mine.

>So when he gets blown up what then happens is you cut to Poppy’s diner, the guys are in there weeping and he comes in crawling through one of those dog flaps and he says something like [adopts accent] “What are you crying at give us a hand!” Basically he’s lost the bottom of his legs and then at the wedding at the end he appears with bionic legs. But what Matthew realised from the story having shown it to test audiences and I totally understand this. They felt cheated. It’s such an emotional moment and you're really not expecting it, but the feeling is ‘oh my god Merlin is gone’. To then have him turn up again five minutes later. The audience were kind of like ‘oh come on!’

The movie was mostly meh, but I got misty eyed when he sang. He was the only character I cared about besides Roxy, and Roxy's death was a fucking footnote.

Harry's doubt of Whiskey, while based on obvious clues, just came out of nowhere in that one scene and felt so rushed I doubted it purely based on how poorly done it was. And I assumed they wouldn't want to make the Statesmen completely fucking irrelevant after they already sidelined Tequila.

Also because Whiskey is that latin dude from GoT and Tequila (a Mexican? drink) was Channing Tatum, I confused the two code names more than once.

>test audience

who are these wankers. i seem to be cucked out of everything because of these wankers.

literally women will never understand kino

it takes a special kind of idiot to misspell "sure" twice

was i the only one who thought the slow motion fights were too fast? not fast as in short but fast as in too fast, like, i don't like it when they do too much slow motion but if they do use it i want them to do it properly

>shoehorning in americans needlessly
>Elton john meme tier performance
>no bum bum of princess tilde

First one was better

>shoehorning in americans needlessly
I don't think it was needless, in fact the establishment of other versions of Kingsman for other countries was a good idea.

But not for the second movie. And not on the back of a "90% of the Kingsman is gone" storyline.

They should've just done a conventional sequel, Eggsy and Roxy doing some mission. Maybe bring back Harry, or save that for another sequel. I think they missed a big opportunity to have other Kingsman agents as significant characters. Bring in Jude Law or Hugh Grant or some shit. It shouldn't feel like Eggsy is the only one who matters, and it definitely shouldn't have him be literally the only one left besides Merlin in the first 30 minutes.

thinking back the statesmen make sense considering how america was a british colony so there'd have to have been a kingsman branch over there
only weird thing about it is how neither of them knew they existed

It would depend on when the statesmen were founded and under what circumstances.

find one flaw in his motivation

And they also had the same problem of there only being two fucking agents around. Logistically, sure, if there's 20 active ones maybe the others are out handling shit, but it's a movie, and they should've taken the opportunity to have a few extra badass people around for color.

This of course applies to the Kingsman, as well.

American Revolutionary War perhaps?

Merlin's singing was fucking great. Mark Strong was great in general. But Whiskey was the most entertaining part about the movie. The guy's fucking great.

Also this. Maybe it's because I'm a filthy casual but I didn't really see much obvious clues. To me it just looked like Harry was going nuts. Really did feel like it came out of nowhere.

Probably afterwards. 1812 would be my guess considering the white house fiasco and how britain pressed american merchant sailors into service to man a blockade of france, also cutting off neutral trade to the country.

killing roxy was stupid she was a strong character in the 1st one and looked hot in both movies

is channing tatum a kingsman now?

>not letting junkie scum die

really made me think

sure, but it seems like they didn't part on unfriendly terms considering they trusted each other far enough to rely on the other for their doomsday scenario

As much as I would love this, it would be dumb. That whole singing and sacrafice scene was amazing. Having him back would riun that. Also, they brought back Harry, bringing back another one woild be too much.

But sir I work really hard and really long and I need illegal drugs in order to stay awake

some guy behind me in theater yelled out "just kill the druggies" when they started fighting whiskey

Yeah, is he a Kingsman or is he just going to run the alcohol branch in the UK?

>used on whisper of the heart
>used on alien covenant
>immediatly used in kingsman
S T O P USING THIS SONG

Well, he knocks the antidote out of Eggsy's hand "accidentally".

At that point I assumed it could've been an accident, but also that it could've been intentional. But because I thought the writing would be better, I thought it could've been for a number of reasons, like Statesman has to obey the President no matter what, or Statesman wanted all the credit for the mission's success, or something. Not just "Whiskey is gonna double cross everyone because of his hitherto unknown backstory".

The plot was just mishandled every step of the way. They killed Roxy for no reason, it's not like it pushed Eggsy to do anything he wouldn't have already done otherwise. It just made him say "this is for Roxy," when he snapped what's his name's neck at the end.

It's also stupid that the organization had no defense for fucking single missiles coming at their most important bases.

I just cannot believe they thought it was a good idea to do this kind of story for the second movie. This is like fourth movie territory, where you randomly kill people to make it seem more interesting and introduce a never before seen and contrasting group of allies (though they fucked that part up too).

most likely a kingsman, he either requested a transfer or he was sent there by the statesman as a sign of goodwill considering the kingsman only have like 2 active agents

Well just because they were founded on hostile terms doesnt mean they'd stay hostile. If they were involved in the world wars they'd have worked together in some capacity.

And looking through the wiki it says the kingsmen were formed in 1849. If the statesmen were formed afterwards and not before then we were both wrong

it's a good song
youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo

I'm gonna say it's probably been used in at least a dozen other films.
It was sung in an episode of the office, also.

It's a very popular song.

I know, put it is really weird when not even a year after it being used in alien covenant they use it again
hollywood is dead
youtube.com/watch?v=RIv5NiKD9GI

my ex was a opiate fiend

There is no fucking hope for them. They ruin everyone's life.

>like Statesman has to obey the President no matter what
Like Kingsman, the Statesman are indenpended from goverment
>It's also stupid that the organization had no defense for fucking single missiles coming at their most important bases.
They were hacked. Possibly their defences also. I recon they killed Roxy and rest to show that Kingsmen are really gone, the on your own type thing, sadly that was never the feel in the movie, since 5 minutes right after blowing up everything, they have the Statesman crew to work with

they also used it in logan lucky

Oh, I saw him knocking the vile out but I just assumed it was an actual accident. Eggsy was saying how Whiskey saved one guy but killed millions but you know for damn sure that Eggsy would have jumped to help any other guy getting shot. That single line was the only thing that made me go "Right, so Whiskey is actually going to be the problem". Then it became super obvious when he woke up from the amnesia and blamed nu-Whiskey.
On a side note, it was kinda funny how they made him the character involved in drugs and stuff. Made me smirk.

youtube.com/watch?v=zCOSTgLb6zI

Manly tears

i thought the graphic novel was better

Literally can't. They killed off the best character

>Like Kingsman, the Statesman are indenpended from goverment
Well, if that was ever stated in the film, I don't remember it. Regardless I think it was a bad idea to make him evil and even worse that it was just an unmentioned "my wife died" backstory.
>They were hacked. Possibly their defences also
And that's stupid. Especially considering Eggsy's watch could hack the guy's new and improved robot arm after like 30 seconds, which would imply they had better tech than Poppy's cartel.
>I recon they killed Roxy and rest to show that Kingsmen are really gone,
Right, but consider if you hadn't seen the first one. Roxy has like 2 lines of dialogue in two scenes before she's blown up, and then there's still like 2 hours left of the movie. Also Dumbledore as the new Arthur, he's just a totally new character and we're supposed to care that he's dead? And those are literally the only two kingsman who die on screen besides disappearing holograms.

Oh perfect. His singing was one of the highlights of the movie for me. Thanks for this.

I just copied the link, I did not make this, but thanks

I figured but I couldn't find anything after a very quick search so naturally I gave up. I'm just glad I got something.

i think the statesmen being independent from the government was implied considering how they're not government funded

Yes, but the logistics of a secret agent group working in a first world country would imply government involvement to some extent.

Like James Bond frequently collaborates with real factions of the British government, as well as foreign agencies like the CIA.

So what spy agencies/business fronts would other countries have?

india: pooman

James Bond was a government agent you idiot.

well, kingsman didn't cooperate with other british agencies because they already had access to everything they had, so why would the statesman need to cooperate with US agencies if they most likely had the same kind of access

So wait, how did Colin Firth know whiskey was a traitor?

he knew he destroyed the antidote on purpose, i mean, i got that as well but i still sided with eggsy because it felt a bit too far fetched

well most people point out the way he made Eggsy drop the flask and Eggsy was about to give it to him before he knocked on the door

His instincts

The major problem was with the swedish bitch, who cares about Eggsy trying to impress her parents or save the relationship, who the fuck cares.

Forced relationships in sequels are always shite, but at the very least they could have used Roxxy instead

as a swedish person of real swedish descent i didn't like the princess sub plot, i wished they'd drop it after the first movie

I think that was the general consenseus but I did sort of like it as a play on the bang them and leave them cliche that Bond has

but then again it would be better if they just showed it in the beginning and didnt drag it through the film

>tfw you unironically agree with the president in this movie

Now I'd vote for THAT guy

What the fuck is with all the John Denver songs in big movies this year?

reminder that this is a marvel movie

>Merlin's singing was fucking great. Mark Strong was great in general. But Whiskey was the most entertaining part about the movie. The guy's fucking great.
All of this. Merlins send off was well played and had me singing under my breath in the theatre. But Whiskey was such a badass in so many moments.

President was 100% right, and would have gotten away with it too if the dumb bitch had just OD'd
Whiskey was also right, and the world would be a better place with just alcohol

Whiskey's fights were fantastic. Granted, I went into the movie expecting nothing but mindless fun. I think that's why I enjoyed it so much. I even watched the first one after watching the second. Whiskey still remains the best imo. The last fight in the Golden Circle was fucking top notch.
I think I just have a man crush on Pascal.

>I think I just have a man crush on Pascal.
We all do, user, we all do

I've never seen these movies, can someone on Sup Forums tell me about them using only one word. the word "reddit" is allowed

Oversaturated

Give me all the spoilers.

>Charlie from the first film is alive because he was knocked out by Eggsy and his chip malfunctioned and only his arm got blown off
>all of the Kingsmen die except Eggsy and Merlin
>Merlin steps on a mine in near the end and dies too
>Harry is alive but lost his memory
>Eggsy is dating the swedish princess from the first movie
>they team up with Statesmen who are the american equivalent of Kingsman
>the villain's plan is to held the world hostage because she produces drugs that kill people in few phases
>American president is glad and pretends to negotiate with her but secretly hopes to eliminate all of the addicts
>Harry shoots Whiskey who is the Statesmen agent who is helping them because he believes him to be a double agent
>in the end it's revealed he really was trying to stop their search for cure and wants all the drug addicts to die
>they eliminate hit and sucessfully release the cure so all of the drugs users are saved
>Eggsy marries the princess of Sweden

It's all a bit mixed up you can always check wikipedia

>Merlin finally gets to go out into the field
>dies immediately

>expect Channing Tatum kino
>he is in the movie for 45 seconds then gets put in a cryochamber offscreen