Discovery lovers get in here

I might be in the minority in the contrarian-filled shithole that is Sup Forums but I FREAKING LOVED IT.
The characters were great.
The effects were great.
The plot is interesting.
I'm 100% on board.

Fuck off, CBS.

Characters were trash on the human side, I was unironically cheering for the Klingons.

Effects were amazing for a show of this nature, I must give them that

It was retarded how they killed the main klingon dude like a little bitch. First he can barely beat a little asian girl (she was going to die anyway, we all knew it, why not just have him destroy her? He was a fucking warrior fetishist) then he gets shot like a little bitch from behind

Still, I liked most everything else. I thought it was great for what it was considering I was expecting absolute trash and filth.

>The characters were great.
explain, that statement means nothing you uncultivated hick.
>The effects were great.
yes, the production values are the only thing that's good in the show so far.
>The plot is interesting.
for a generic action flick,sure. It doesn't have anything to do with star trek, nor is it a science fiction show thus far. What issue/problem did they resolve in a scientific/smart way in the two episodes? none.
>I'm 100% on board.
I 100% believe you, like most of the plebs, are on board with it.

It was crap.

>contrarian
It's not contrarian when everyone hates it you mong.
Even the fucking redditors disliked that show.

I liked the Captain

Got done watching the first 2 episodes, Orville is somehow a better Star Trek.

When you set out with the mindset that you're gonna hate the show no matter what, you're a contrarian.
This was some of the best Trek we've ever had.
But feel free to keep hating. I pity your joyless existence.

>This was some of the best Trek we've ever had.
in what way? that statement by itself means nothing you dumb nigger.

You seem angry, pal.
Are you OK? Do you need help?

yeah, just what I thought, no arguments whatsoever.

have fun watching std pleb

Sorry I couldn't match your well thought out arguments, like calling me a hick, a nigger and a pleb.

those aren't arguments you fucking hick. those are name calling, you really don't know much do you?

Loved it. It was Nicholas Meyer Wrath of Khan-Undiscovered Country/DS9 Dominion War style philosophical military themed Trek with Abrhams movie aesthetics. It was great.

Literally the only reason the virgins on /poltv/ are bitching about it is because it had a black and Asian women leads. If you're not a sad angry pathethic insecure white Americunt permavirgin it was great show.

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

you sure told us, you angry pathethic insecure black/asian liberal

Not bad so far, but man the theme song is a little boring. Sort of missing something imo.

>reddit defense force
>defending bad show
>copied all scenes from star trek movie
>does fucking nothing with it

You have plenty of other threads to talk about how much you hate it. Just flock to them and let the rest of us discuss something we like.

I'm all in with Discovery too. Just because there is a black female lead doesn't make it a sh*t show like all the mega-virgins on this site make it out to be, Star Trek has ALWAYS had a straight, white male lead, so it is refreshing to have a colored female this time around. It was thoroughly engrossing and the effects were top notch, quality acting aswell!

9/10

they had blacks and females before
doesn't excuse bad writing, bad plot, gimmicky mary sue characters

4K? Is it Netflix as well or just CBS crappy 1080p?

Fucking in.

I watched it with as close to zero expectations as possible and fell in love. Really hoping the rest of the series manages to keep up this momentum and build on it.

>Star Trek has ALWAYS had a straight, white male lead
Bait harder nigger

I'll take the bait.

>Star Trek has ALWAYS had a straight, white male lead
Captain Sisko, Deep Space Nine and Captain Janeway, Voyager both disagree.

Discovery is good and I like Michael.

and you have a bazillion reddit subs. fuck off there.

Agreed. Michelle Yeoh has never done anything for me before but I spent the entire two episodes alternating between imagining railing her and wishing they weren't going to kill her off for DRAMA.

S H I L L

Production values are ridiculous, space cgi has never looked this good on television. The sets are insanely detailed.

Also the books on Yeoh's shelf are cute

I assume she'll be in flashbacks, they've got 7 years to cover

Probably, but I'd rather see more of her than Captain Malfoy.

>Sup Forums
>contrarian
Even plebbit hates it, you shill.

visual effects were good, acting was ok, characters were ok

was ok

>Best trek we've ever had.

Thanks for the laugh!

But seriously, it must be hard to put your heart and soul into a production, thinking all the while "the fans are going to love this!" and then going online and seeing it panned. It must sting pretty bad. I appreciate the work you're putting into the show, and maybe it'll turn out all right. So keep trying. Trek fans are not the "one strike and you're out" type. We'll give you about a season and half to win us over.

This is a textbook example of what a network shill post looks like. I don't hate you though, OP. Please tell me where I can sign up. Seems like an easy way to make some extra money while not actually influencing anything whatsoever.

0RVIELL BEMTTER STAT REKTREK1111

Did they killed T'Kuvma? The mission was to capture him alive to bring him dishonor and dismantle the new unified empire, the shots from Michael were a stunt weapon to restrain him and have him as a POW

I thought Voq was telling him it was good to become a martyr so he would kill him and then take his place, which T'Kuvma agreed because he knew it was the only way to maintain the newly formed unification, but didn't showed his murder/suicide.

cringe

They should build their computer interfaces out of less explosive matter. Thats just not safe to have them randomly explode because of some hull damage.

That's terrible.

Jokes aside, Bridges and control rooms do blow up.in your face like that, it happened to the crew on the HMS Sheffield when they were hit by an exocet in the Falklands war and survivors claimed the screens melted in front of them

It's a mixture of pressurised air and heat from the explosion

No fun allowed

Fuck off, CBS.

Fuck off, CBS.

Fuck off, CBS.

Shit, that's interesting! Thanks, man!
>TheMoreYouKnow

>"the fans are going to love this!"

That's the problem though. The attitude seems to have been "Fuck the fans. They'll watch it anyway."

What shocked them is that The Orville came along and destroyed their Star Trek monopoly. They thought they were going to be the only game in town. They thought they had all the power.

Fuck them.

it's so fucking sad that people like you exist on a board designed to discuss film and television. I can understand not hating it, I can even understand liking it in some way (it didn't really offend me until the mutiny). but to say you loved it...what the fuck is wrong with you

I simply love how this show triggers people

die in eternal hell shitstain

>The effects were great.
fuck me, you actually enjoyed all those camera tilts and lens flares? The acting was so fucking bad. Don't take this the wrong way user, but your tastes are lowbrow.

Whiny baby

Camera angles are not special effects

No, I will do what I want and your show sucks dicks.

New decon chamber?