/trek/

Riker edition
Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IvfNHjUSAZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=w3VeKnW9cNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Discovery was okay.

If STD doesn't have Section 31 then it will be confirmed as even worse than Voyager, as of right now it's on par.

So is hot liquid dog feces as long as it's sitting in the yard where it belongs and not pouring out of your tv onto your lap

Holy shit maybe put the SELF DESTRUCT button elsewhere

Spock, Riker, Kira, even Chakotay, T'Pol would have never been a stupid as marysue was

if you watch it with sound muted or only watch the bits with Sarek or cowardly ayylmao

>Reminder that this show is the best Star Trek since TNG

Currently halfway done with TOS after watching everything else Star Trek related for the last two months. After watching TOS, I wonder, why the fuck is everyone using something similar to pulse laser thingy weapons now? The thing I really loved about most (all?) Federation ships is how phasers are just a short, continuous burst of energy, resembling how I think lasers should actually behave.

>cbs actually pays people to rate their show okay and 7/10 on a mongolian weaving board

Sarek's face is very friendly to Dutch angles

Discovery was pretty good. Looking forward to more.

They probably should have used that "This season on Star Trek Discovery" trailer as the shows trailer, other than it giving away Georgiu dying (which everyone knew was happening anyway)

when will I get paid for disliking things

>man you know what would be cool, if instead of escaping we captured this dude now that we just cheapshot him
>okay send whatever is left of a security team an-
>BELAY THAT ORDER, No1 with me: now it's on, Kling-ON :)

>on par
I haven't seen a single character as likeable as EMH or Seven yet, so by that virtue alone it's worse.

grr im tough

Anyone got a decent link for watching TNG online?

JOIN THE NAVY
youtube.com/watch?v=IvfNHjUSAZ0

I just can't get over the fact she stuffed a nuke in a fallen combatant's body. That shit runs counter to CURRENT GENEVA CONVENTIONS, let alone whatever Starfleet's hyper progressive codes of ethics say. Kirk would have phasered her just for the attempt.

At the very least I kinda liked that they're actually wearing some kind of vests similar to ENT's MACOs. Always wondered why no one ever thought of wearing some kind of protection. I mean, you could argue that phasers can bullshit their way past anything but not everyone uses phasers.

netflix dot com

Literally the only time phasers have been cool is Wrath of Khan, where they were pulses

What was the deal with the admiral calling out Michael on something about race?
I didn't catch that properly.

google tvzion or watchtheseries. tng

does that mean she was straightening her hair the whole time she lived on Vulcan and on the chink ship

>muh interpersonal conflict
>muh exploration

We have a show without both of those, it was the worst one till they gave it some conflict and a villain

Google it, fuckhead

Asian cultural heritage, don't be disrespectful of the way they treat their/our dead, that would be racist

Apparently
Has there even ever been a vulcan without straight hair?

Mcnigger am loving it

tuvok had typical curly fuzz

Tuvok

It's on par with early Voyagar.
I'm hoping that the brit jew will make the show worth watching.

Thanks

>we are from the federation and we are here on a mission of exploration
> we come in peace

She's apparently a xenocultural research expert so he was surprised she wanted to shoot the klingons

Well shit, you're right. It's just so short I never really noticed.

are we back to comfy posting?

How did people in other star systems see that light so quickly? Is there a subspace beacon within light minutes of them? If so why give the impression that this beacon is so important and that communication is crippled in that region?

I thought it was more that she was a human living with Vulcans

so are klingons the good guys? will their attempt to make a dictatorship seem bad fail as badly as it did in The man in the high castle?

I guess you could argue that someone nearby saw it and just subspace'd it to everyone else.

Next minute
>Những thằng khốn nạn !!! các !!!! FUCK YOU GI, I PLANT BOMB ON YOU GI

yes
and yes

Anyone else excited to see what other superpowers Sarek has to save the day in future episodes?

Late to threads but STD is hard to like. From a star trek perspective it has a lot of beats it should (likely thanks to fuller) but the direction is JJ tier just keeping shit moving constantly. The reboot aesthetics are kind of hit and miss but there's so little time to enjoy the visuals since the show is shot like an action show

Only 3 fed characters get any time which i guess is okay in a TOS kind of way. What was the worst was no Discovery in the pilot at all. Usually pilots should set up the series, this gave nothing about what to expect.

Hopefully they stop ending episodes on Lost season 4 tier cliffhangers.

GO HOME STARFLEET

youtube.com/watch?v=w3VeKnW9cNo

>wears protection
>gets stabbed anyway

I suppose, makes it seem a lot less impressive when you think that rather then a large fake stellar phenomena like we saw most the other Klingon houses would get essentially an Email "Hay shits going down here"

> ragging on about the leader of the Order of Saint Dumas
He's got power of faith of the heart

ATTENTION BAJORIAN WORKERS!

I DECIDED TO BE MERCIFUL ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU THE DAY OFF FROM YOUR WORK ASSIGNMENTS. INSTEAD, YOU WILL ALL REPORT TO THE HOLOSUITES AT 1100 HOURS, WHERE YOU WILL WATCH ME FUCK KIRA'S MOM FOR OVER TWO HOURS. IT'S QUITE GOOD, I ASSURE YOU.

THAT IS ALL.

lmao at pearl clutching over them using a corpse to smuggle a torpedo into the Klingon ship

The Klingons are murder monsters whose entire culture is about killing shit, they set up the entire conflict despite the Federation not even interacting with them for a century, they fire first completely unprovoked in Federation space, and as a bonus they murdered a non-hostile Starfleet flagship under a truce flag.

Those fuckers absolutely deserved to get shit on. They should have pissed on those Klingon corpses if they could have.

Why didn't they just do a show about the most interesting character introduced? Have Sarek going around ambassadoring with the klingons, show his tensioned upbringing of spock, show sybock going nuts and eventually being outcast.

It could've been great.

Wait is that Gotham? Is Azrael really in Gotham because I will watch it in a heartbeat if so

>IT'S QUITE GOOD, I ASSURE YOU.
I read in his voice

Why do they keep referring to "species" as "race"? they're not the same thing, are they? or are they really that interchangeable?
Not an English native, but I've always found that weird in fiction in general, but especially in sci-fi. Fantasy is usually guilty but it can be sort of justified because of the "low" cultural/science level of the civilizations portrayed there, but whenever you add fancy-pansy techs and science, wouldn't a more "exact" term be more appropriate?

he'll probably make more appearances in the future

> wear full plate
> get impaled by your own Ba'atleth

Starfleet are big on doing things by the book and holding that over the heads of lesser cultures though. I mean packing corpses is sort of against our current backwards culture's international law.

Dukatposting is my favorite kind of posts

>The Klingons are murder monsters whose entire culture is about killing shit.
Wrong.
>They are bad so we can forget our own morals and go full gook war-crime on them.
WRONG.

this actor somehow manages to become the best thing about whatever shitty show he happens to be in, but he rarely gets a major role in any good ones

>klingon subs on Netflix

u jelly CBSluts?

it fucking sucks.
i hoped for a more serious and well written star trek, but we got the old cringe and the new kirk like behavior from the movies.
what they did to the klingons is horrible.
also the obvious political driven kling race shit is annoying, if you put politics in a show then don't do it this obvious and cheap.
i watched 2 episodes and i don't think this will get better.
also on another hand i would love to see romulan interaction.

Technically it's Azreal, but his real name is Theo Galavan who's a rich guy and scion of the order of Saint Dumas.
He kills Black Mask's father, sets the Joker free (and kills him), becomes mayor of Gotham, kills penguins mum and gets shot to death by Jim Gordon.
Then he's resurrected by Hugo Strange with no memory, and is told the story of Azreal from the Bible of Saint Dumas, and becomes him in order to find a purpose.

yeah that's how peace was established after TOS, by pissing on their corpses...

oh wait, no, it was Battle of Narendra III

oh and the uniforums look cheap and are ugly.

please do more of this

Old trek was fucking full of klingon politics

How are you, Star fleet?
It's seems to me you have been severely misinformed about the going of the war, to say nothing of the gorrect information of the goings over here.
There is nothing more shameful being lead into a war to die

>ywn have a comfy night of strip poker with fat Riker

klingon*

so?

So the new show being full of it shouldn't be a surprise

> even the character promo pictures are on an angle

Yeah it did make me want to actually conyinue

>STD
heh

it is no surprise, yes.

star trek was always cringy but i like the star trek universe, just hoped for a well written show and i am disappointed as fuck.

The acting is terrible (especially Michelle yeoh, it's like she and the lead are trying to out-*****ACT***** each other like a swordfight with big 2x4's) the "metaphorical allegory" for today's social/political climste hits you like a sledgehammer over the head, and I straight up laugh at all the little bits of TOS theme song notes + random sound effects that pop up to be like SEE THIS IS REALLY STSR TREK GUISE!!!!!!!!!

But hey, the show looks awesome.... E en if it isn't technically what I would call "star trek" (growing up in 80s/90s) yeah, this is one really really good looking show.... That's prolly gonna suck in its (way?) under 4 year run =]

So what exactly was the "lore rape" exactly?

Ok holocommunicators, which they did for modern TV and acting's sake, what else?

>Michaels comes aboard the shenzou as she did when we had the flashback when we first met asian lady captain. Say that she is a sub-commander in the Vulcan High Command and has accepted a Starfleet commission with the rank of Lt. Cmdr. She is introduced as a human raised by vulcans who struggles with her emotions. She is basically Seven of Nine, a human who has difficulty with emotional thinking because of her background, and is in conflict with starfleet's values. Then, put her in different situations where she has to deal with different emotional stresses.

>DO NOT start in medias res. DO NOT do shitty little flashbacks. There was just too much going on. She's emotional, because she's human, but she's logical because she's raised by vulcans, and it's been 7 years since she's been out of all that so...where's her emotional state at? What's her motivation here?

Would this have been better or worse??

What kind of klingon propaganda would work?
Surrender or you will never reach stovokor?
Duras is honorless and a child killer?

So can anyone explain the bullshit mind connection between Sarek & michael?

Dark adopting a human child because he has no child of his own.

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

Klingons having cloak before Star Trek 3.

Klingons didn't have cloaking ships in TOS or Ent. It is a forgotten plot point in 3, but the Bird of Prey was a stolen Romulan ship. Which is how the Klingons get cloaking tech.

yeah
the script called for it

>it's a "character learns to deal with their emotions" episode
please no more

he's a good m8

Apparently, when you get mind meld-resurrected by implanting part of the owner's katra into someone, you gain the ability to communicate further than you possibly could by normal technological means.

Something something his Katra's in her. I guess he's going to have to pick it up later so he can give it to Picard in 100 years.

>The Klingons are murder monsters whose entire culture is about killing shit,
No, their culture is about HONOR. Honor in battle, honor in culture, honor in life. A ship that fires on them first gets their respect because they are willing to defend the honor of their people, a ship that comes in acting like they're there for peace when really they just want to assimilate the culture and turn their way of life into a cute little alien quirk is not even slightly honorable, at least to the Klingons.

There is no greater dishonor across the board than to use the corpse of an honored dead to kill an enemy. That is Cardassian-level slime tactics.

SECONDARY TACTICAL IS A MACHINE

Normal Klingons don't care about corpses. Their religion holds that the body is just a worthless shell for the spirit.

This is just a small cult that needs to be eliminated so that the rest of Klingon society could one day make peace with the Federation.

Species and race are completely different. One defines biological hierarchy and the other defines psycho-social interactions. Race is not true scientific terminology.

this is what they meant when they told us the story is about number one.
just more emotional drama.
god damn i can't even describe how much the show sucks.

Misunderstanding over what a Katra is and how it was shown in ENT.
Honestly, when she was in the brig waiting to die, I would gave rathered her talk with Sarek be all in her head rather than some bullshit mind meld crap

Katra, still bullshit

>USS Shran

Okay, this shit is alright. It's a fucking continuity nightmare but then so was Enterprise.

To be fair only T'Kuvma's ship had it and might still be the only one to in the series