Is redditlettermemeia right, is It too reliant on jumpscares?

Is redditlettermemeia right, is It too reliant on jumpscares?

It had A LOT of really good scenes that weren't jumpscares, you'd have to completely dillute the meaning of the word "jumpscare" to even say it relied on them.

Yes.

>RLM being contrarians
Color me surprised.

>jumpscares are automatically bad
go back.

But 80s horror scares were emphsized with an abrupt music/sound in the exact same way, J makes a flawed argument in pointing it out.

there were no jumpscares in this movie
>inb4 the projector scene
it was funny if anything

I have no problem with jumpscares but the problem is that most horror now a days only use jumpscares which get stale and boring. It's gotten so bad I can watch a horror film now and time when the jumpscare happens.

A jumpscare is a jumpscare. Doesn't matter if you happen to think they are hilarious.

I thought they were right on most things but I don't know how anyone could actually like the kids from the new one they were incredibly annoying to me espically Richie that kid really needed to shut the up sometimes

Their mistake was assuming it was a horror movie at all.

It's an adventure movie with some spooky bits.

There were a lot of jumpscares, but the film didnt rely on them. There was plenty of other spooky stuff, and the scary stuff is only halfnof the film. IT is like a horror/adventure tale, it's not a non-stop ghost train like House of Wax or Hills Have Eyes or something.

Most jumps scares are schlocky and you can see them coming from a mile away and if you're not invested in the story then you won't care about the tension because your apathetic to the stakes involved.

I'm a PTSD faggot that jumps at the smallest jump scare, and I watched It in the cinema and didn't jump once. That's not a criticism. It's a great movie. I just wouldn't say there were any real jump scares.

They didn't say the movie relied on jumpscares, they said it had scenes that would've been more effective without the typical loud sounds or music stingers that IT shares with most modern horror movies

Jay complained about the Leper scene having loud noises and it's literally just the soundtrack, it sounded really cool imo

No, they were wrong

>They didn't say the movie relied on jumpscares
Now who's being pedantic? Would it be better if I asked if they were right in saying that this movie had too many jumpscares?

The way IT ran was pretty damn funny.

The projector scene was great, it was so out of nowhere, I seriously wasn't expecting that

I was because they put it right in the trailer

Yeah IT appears in the photo, but I mean when he comes out of the wall and he's huge, that I wasn't expecting, and I loved the kids reactions

Holy shit yes. Should have had half of them and it would have been much better. It's not a bad movie but it was weakened by it.

But that's utter bullshit user.

literally the fart jokes of horror