What the fuck did they do to Klingons on this show?

What the fuck did they do to Klingons on this show?

WE

Shaved their heads?

WUZ

They used excessively large teeth prosthetics in their mouth which prevents them to speak comfortably.

imagine biting your tongue with one of those

they were the best part.
i got feels for my man T'vuthokokthlo and his lower caste lightbringer.

after I saw this, I dropped any plans to see the rest of the season.

Made them more alien while retaining and magnifying their core characteristics.

Why does the federation in this show look like bumbling idiots? Do they even know what they are doing? Are we supposed to root for the Klingons?

That was the one part I didn't like.

Are the Klingons going to look different every fucking series and movie from now on just so an egotistical director can "put his spin" on things.

Eventually they will run out of body parts to put prosthetic ridges on. I'm still holding out hope that this is just one tribe of Klingons and ENT style Klingons will show up later.

>Literally WE WUZ KANGZ
>Instead of making them brown with shit ass hair they make them pitch black
>Not a single fight for honor, bitch ass albino burn himself instead of MUH FIGHTING
>Klingon language was distant from the actual Klingon dialect
>Black Klingon leader who gets killed sounds like a retard Klingon trying to talk, no sense of honor or might to his voice
>Klingons wanting to unify themselves instead of dominating each others

They completely missed the point with them. Discovery would have been better if it was set in the future and had a new foe to fight instead of butchering what already exists. It's literally character pandering at this point, right out of a fanfiction.

At least give them hair ffs.

Possibly.

The show is written to be sympathetic to both their ideals, you can root for whichever makes the most sense to you.

As someone who is used to binge watching a season on Saturday before complaining about it on /trv/ waiting a week for a new ep is agonizing.

Is there a mega yet?

KLANGONS

>announce you're doing a show in the original trekverse since last JJverse movie flopped
>do not license anything Paramount owns from the TV shows, including Klingon makeup design
>ships are overdesigned monstrosities that in no way fit the setting of th era
>make all the Klingons into deformed niggers, arguably more racist than Code of Honor ever was
>stars going on the record telling Trekfags to go fuck themselves, despite aforementioned departure from unpopular JJverse; also revealing they have no interest in Trek by forgetting Sisko
This is gonna be a hell of a trainwreck.

it doesn't sound like it considering they were talking about how there's 24 houses of the empire and all 24 showed up to the beacon. It would be neat if ENT Klingons were one minor tribe that was exiled from Qo'nos but eventually killed and took over all these new ugly shits

First episode
>Able to see footsteps from space through cloud cover
>Gets microwaved, Nah I'm good don't need no treatment
>Daft Punk crew member
>Mutiny
>Black chicks a poor actress
I might be one of the few people who like/am ok with the Klingon redesign

When is it set?

this

I liked them more than Federation because they felt they had actual stakes when fighting. Tkvothukuldhshheei, what's his name, had an actually endearing story and purpose of uniting his people. Starfleet just wanted to bully the Klingons. They also captured the driving single-mindedness of Klingons that made them the rape machines they were.

before kirk after archer

yeah i dont mind the look that much either but the way they talk like they have a mouth full of cock at all times is annoying

>vaguely middle eastern/russian smeared with a half inch of bronzer
to
>dorn with forehead covered in smooshed up tootsie roll
to
>looks like an actual alien but also looks like a black person
The new look would be cool if they weren't so obviously based on a real world race of people

lost it at the part where they put him into a sarcophagus

t. someone who never bothered to watch the original star treks

They updated their look so that normies wouldn't laugh at the show and make fun of the le cheap forehead aliens in 2017

Which is also what we wanted from a new Trek series, more alien aliens, and I like the look of the new Klingons, I just wish they weren't Klingons and were something new.

>The Klingons have been gone for a hundred years
>Turns out the MC backstory is her getting attacked by Klingons as a kid
?????????????

You mean in original Star Trek the Klingons weren't fanatical murder hobos? They were "muh honor" the whole time, while Federation was all peace and tolerance, but would go "fuck you" if someone disagreed with them and their world view.

Except for a few raids here and there

they are apple klingons user

k-ios version 11

>The new look would be cool if they weren't so obviously based on a real world race of people

You realize they were ALWAYS that way, right?

In the original series, they were literally Space Soviets.

In TNG, Worf was Star Trek's response to Regan-era urban culture.
Klingons have literally always been a stand-in for whatever racial or cultural problems America was facing at the time. Basically making them Space Isis in Discovery really isn't any different.

That's the point, Klingons are all about "Muh honor" and "Muh robustness" while the Federation are trying to find a common ground until The next Generation. The Federation has managed to bring them on a common ground

And since STD is in the past, they eventually have to bring them on some sort of common ground. They didn't need to change those Klingons to be anything else as they were already fulfilling a certain stereotype. It's shows they didn't handle the history of Star Trek with care and love, but instead are trying to use Star Trek to show a message and they are tweaking already well known races to be something they are not

Soviets are not a race. This is a purely aesthetic complaint. I don't care if their role in the story is a stand in for whatever, but having them look like sub-saharan africans despite evolving on another planet strains suspension of disbelief.

Where the fuck do I watch this shit without giving CBS a view?

No, but they are a culture.

>but having them look like sub-saharan africans despite evolving on another planet strains suspension of disbelief.

One: Welcome to Star Trek.

Two: That's actually canon. Humans, Klingons, Vulcans and Romulans all share common DNA. That was in an episode of TNG.

Still would look better if they got weirder with it.
>tng
I'll get to it once I finish deep space 9

WE WUZ STARGATE SG1

T'Kumva is the most reasonable guy on the show. The arrogance of Michelle Yeoh's ultimatum was mind boggling.

A sense of honor is the last thing people want introduced into pop culture now