*breathes in*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ywRmJIis_CI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That paintjob looks great on the A-Wing, however it's extremely insulting that they call these "new" and worst of all, that retarded nerds are okay with them because "it happens in real life with fighter jets".
They are literally just inverting the colors of things or making them bigger, there's no other possible explanation than them making fun of the viewers, they can't not be aware of this.

Oregano Contempt Donut Steel

To be honest the ones from TFA looked better than the ones from TLJ, even if we could barely see them.

Buy the toys goyim

It's like your favourite TIE but BADDER AND EVILER and more square

This is proof they didnt even think the films out before shooting them

Do gorillas exist in Star Wars?
>inb4 Finn

I hated the second trilogy
and even though I can objectively say that the new movies are more well-directed, paced and structured they're so conceptually dull and safe it makes me long for the days of shitshow george lucas attempts. at least an attempt was made

if they tried to pitch podracing today the producers would strike it down before the first napkin sketch could be drawn

>drag-racing? in space? but that's not what star wars is about, it's about uh laser swords and space. and those iconic spaceships that made us a lot of money when done as toys. we don't need new toy designs, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

I'd rather have Lucas' bizarre and autistic fantasies than another focus-tested 'product' from Disney

>tfw I buy Hasbro stock before a SW release

The pod race was one of the best parts of the prequels. TPM was the best movie of the three imo. Is it really internet review videos that made people think it sucks? People didn't complain about much more than Jar Jar and Anakin back in the day.

>Brought to you by Little Caesar's

holy fuck this is stupid

>blocks ur path

At least this design was new, I prefer something silly and new a thousand times before the new Disney Star Wars nostalgia shit.

>I can objectively say that the new movies are more well-directed, paced and structured
Thanks for the laugh pal, TFA was completely messed up, there isn't a moment to breath, if you enjoyed watching dumb cunts constantly running away from something and watching cgi explosion, you must have ADHD

I just thought they were bizarre and I never could figure out what was going on with the space politics or whatever. I remember it like a fever dream with a bunch of jedis in a gladiator arena all waving their swords around simultaneously

the original trilogy was more clear, even as a child. the beats were easier the follow and they were always punctuated with succinct imagery. "he's luke's father! han solo has become stone! the cave is a large animal! the bad guys can blow up planets!"

I understand that it has become a """property""" rather than a movie series so it makes sense that the only thing disney execs asked for was "make it like the old ones, but with better graphics. just make sure everything is there; storm troopers, laser swords, those ships, chewbaccas yodas etc"

I actually think it's kinda cool. I hope they pay homage to Empire by having a ship bring it down, but it pushes up off its knuckles and stands right back up. That would be badass!

Same here bruh

>posts the only cool ship design in star wars

>Nod an argumend

Unironic question, is this new trilogy or original trilogy?
The designs are so fucking similar I can't even tell. The only differences I see is that some of the ships posted here look like dog shit.

>I can objectively say that the new movies are more well-directed, paced and structured

the ONLY thing TFA had that PT didn't have was sharper more fluid dialogue THATS it. The story was equally a mess and whats worse a total re-hash. At least the only re-hash in Phantom Menace was the fighter attack on the Droid Star

Unironic answer.

Disney execs demanded a soft reboot, not a sequel.

I haven't exactly done a scene-by-scene analysis but I remember it being somewhat more absorbable than the prequels. I don't care for any of them

yea, it's a re-hash. the beats are still cool if you're a kid who's never seen star wars so it works in that regard, that's what I'm saying

THIS

But why? What does a Supremacy ship do that you couldn't get done with an Executor?

Because it's wider and biggerer

why make it aerodynamic when

1) there is no air in space
2) that thing is so huge and heavy there is no conceivable way it could fly in an gaseous atmosphere without breaking up

??

Would people really have been mad if we saw a bunch of the same ships from the OT? Like, why would we expect a ton of new shit? I'd expect everyone to be flying around in X-Wings and first order guys to be using TIE fighters. I get that merchandising is a thing but holy shit.

why even have a starship that big?

they should call it "white supremacy"

>haha fuck drumpft.
bend the knee!

So it can land on the hyperdeathstar. The one that's so big it's a gas giant with a core of dark side energy.

I hate Disney so fucking much
>The vestigial "empire" somehow has even more resources than the real empire ever had

Snoke looks so happy :)

Because triangles are evil looking, duh

What you are asking for is even worse than what we got. It's been 30 years since Return of the Jedi and this is a huge galaxy with a fuck ton of aliens designing stuff. We are getting enough milking of the OT as it is.

You probably aren't old enough to remember, but people complained about Anakin and Jar Jar immediately.

>we needed the space only ship to be aerodynamic

????

wtf I hate triangles now

do we got any leaks on the plot?

just turn off ur brain

Yes, the force sloth user was legit and 100% right

The porg design is kind of cool until they show their bird feet and look all stupid.

If they had better designed eyes I could see these working but they're trying too hard to 'look cute' whoever drew these up isn't too familiar with what makes something cute to begin with. also why the fuck is it in star wars

>everyone complains about prequel trilogy
>Disney starts new trilogy
>it's much much worse

>everyone complains about prequel Enterprise
>New prequel Discovery
>it's much much worse

HELP

Everything greedy execs touch turns to shit instead of gold

They're cursed as always.

It's simple: don't trust large corporations with design choices. Although it isn't possible with hugely popular IP because of all the copyright quagmires.

Just make ya own shit people can enjoy. I don't understand why people cling to these monstrosities when they consistently fuck up. There's enough angry trekkies out there that I bet they could throw something together.

What an obscenely inefficient design.

ok i gotta admit, this is probably the one thing the prequels did right, love the naboo starfighter

That's literally what I said, dumbass.

>make the most OP ship in the whole rebel armada the most boring design ever

wew

HEY KIDS YOU REMEMBER THE ZANY BALL ROBOT!

NOW THERES AN EVIL ONE

Is that Snoop's ship?

>White supremacy cross

lmao

>head shaped like a nazi cap

POTTERY

>White supremacy cross
american education, ladies and gentlemen.

Wow JJ very subtle

Fuck this shite

>"He's called DD-DRMPH"

Yet I bet you are willing to do mental gymnastics for the PT political BS to make sense, don't you?

Formerly Poov's

>chewbaccas

I can totally imagine some Disney executive saying this.

But user, just look at how big it is! Imagine how many big weapons you could put on it! Imagine the size of the thermal exhaust port Poe/Finn is going to have to fly up to blow it from the inside!

>you want to see shit? I'll show you shit

>THE TECHNO UNION ARMY eeeeeeuuuuuweeeeeeeguuuuuuuerrrrrr IS AT YOUR DISPOSAL, COUNT
Wat did he mean by this?

Prequels suck, but this so, so much.

kek

Did somebody say techno?

>I bet you are willing to do mental gymnastics for the PT political BS to make sense
Does anyone defend the prequel trilogy? I don't think there are significant numbers.

...and I don't mean, "Even the prequels weren't this bad!" That's not defending the prequels, that's being extra insulting to Disney Wars.

>they should call it "white supremacy"
>>haha fuck drumpft.
I think that's the idea.

memes become reality

I want to spread this prediction as far and wide as possible.
>Not ATAT's attacking
>Not Snowspeeders try to trip them
>It appears to work but something having to do with these vent things will cut the cables
Mark My words Anons

screenlickers will praise it for subverting their expectations and daring to do something different.

If they wanted to just re-use the old designs for nostalgia's sake they should have just made the roles reversed from the original trilogy with the Resistance instead being the Republic Army and the First Order being a smaller, less advanced terrorist group who have to use older models of spacecraft and vehicles

>Disney reuses spaceship designs but updates them slighty
WAAAAA! THEY'RE JUST COPYING THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY
>Disney introduces the Porgs, new aliens that look nothing like anything that has been in the series since
WAAAAA! THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE SOMETHING FROM STAR WARS!

You fags are never happy are you?

lel

The roles were reversed.

VIII is the episode where they reveal that Alderaan was a Starkiller Base, and the Empire destroyed it in self defense. Building the Death Star was a desperate Hail Mary play that barely worked. They had to rush it into the field with serious design defects to save Coruscant and the other Core Worlds.

false dichotomy. both things can be bad.

>an actual iron cross
Bravo Disney

Star Trek did it first
youtube.com/watch?v=ywRmJIis_CI

They have gundarks, which are like 4 armed space gorillas.

I heard that there are going to be Storm Trooper dogs with armour in the Han Solo movie

>TPM was the best movie of the three imo.
Objectively correct.
>Is it really internet review videos that made people think it sucks?
No. It's actually a pretty dumb movie with some really poor characterization, lack of good character motivations, clunky dialogue, and bizarre creative decisions (eg. Anakin as an 8 year old, Jar Jar Binks).
The script really needed another draft by someone else.
Just because its the best of the prequels doesn't mean it's a good movie. It's just the turd that floats the highest.

Revenge of the sith was the best, the bad guys won

>Imperial HK HUND-X Cyborg Units
See that would be new and kind of interesting.

Sup Forums will bitch about it though. As soon an image of it is released, expect an *inhales* thread

This one is okay, fits well between the original SD and Interceptor and Victory class.
This is very ugly and looks like from another franchise. Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy or the Star Trek reboot. Disney doesn't understand what made the OT designs so slick and memorable.

Its really not though, its the film equivalent of the jedi mind trick. It's like sheev is ACTUALLY clouding your minds with the force.
But it's a shitty movie with a few flashy action scenes that happen because everyone is acting like they're characters from a bad screenplay.