It did fall... right?

It did fall... right?

Very Schroderingeresque

Yeah you can obviously see it tip at the end. Whether that actually in a dream is up for debate

it did in my dreams

But that wasn't Leo's totem?

I particularly liked the Euleresque scene

Yea it did.

>Whether that actually in a dream is up for debate
debate my ass, it cannot slow down in a dream

no it didn't you retards

it started slowing down you brainlet

It doesn't matter reeeee...it wasn't cobb's and he wasn't in his dream

I mean I agree with you but I remember seeing decent arguments that DiCaprio's dream test thing wasn't actually the top

>dude it's open to interpretation!

A cheap tactic to get sheeple to talk about their stupid fucking plot. If I wanted to write my own story I would just do that.

>it cannot slow down in a dream
This

so what was cobbs totem

point is it didnt matter, when his kids turned around, that's when he knew. He never saw their faces in his dreams, not ever.

He couldn't let you know because then you would know

No, he always looked away before they turned because he wanted to see their faces IRL

His wedding ring

A spinning top can wobble and tip as it spins (even with an apparent decaying spin rate) because of imperfections in the surface on which it is spinning and then resume a stable spin when it clears this imperfection or settles into it (as in a grove).

The fact that it tips or wobbles is not a sign that it is about to fall and that is obvious to anyone who spends times with free spinning objects. A wobble can occur at any point of a spin and be followed by a great deal more spin time with many objects of uniform shape and density.

It was a fucking movie
When they were in the dreams, the top just spun and NEVER wobbled
The director wasn't accounting for your autism and the effects the grains of wood in the table would have on the top
At the end of the movie the top wobbles because it is slowing down, AGAIN, not a phenomenon that happens in the dreams

>AGAIN, not a phenomenon that happens in the dreams

There is no way you can know that for sure. How many times was it shown spinning freely and continuously? What if it was never really cobbs totem to control mentally. Just because he knew how it worked doesn't mean he could make it happen apart from being in Mal's dream. Was it shown to be freely and continuously spinning in in one of Cobbs dreams? Your mind is making assumptions about things that were not shown.

Lol your so mad that your wrong

why would hje make it something so obvious? it has to be something noone will find

Protip: It doesn’t matter if it's reality or a dream.

You people care only about the simple surface-level narrative and plot point closures.
In the final scene Cobb spins the totem but he doesn't even look at it because he doesn't care, he just wants to be with his kids no matter is it real or not.
It's always the same unimportant questions, "who is the shooter" in The Hunt, "who sent the tapes" in Cache, "was it waterboarding or rape" in Sicario etc. If you asked any director these kind of questions they would be disappointed.
Tell me what changes if you know if everything was a dream or not? What knowledge do you get out of that fact?

Movies aren't puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them, that would be pretty shallow. Focus on why is something shown in that way rather than what it is.

it was his marriage ring

this, it was in fact a meticulous dream

If it didn't fall, that means he was abandoning his children for the sake of his own happiness, leading them to grow up without their actual father and a proper father figure. Real shitty of him.

Why not?

legitimate mental illness seek help

>abandoning your children and letting them grow up without you is fine
>it's just a movie who cares
Yeah fuck off buddy

Honestly this. Sick of the constant obsession with minute details that aren't important, which every 13 year old self-professed film critic latches unto in a pathetic attempt to appear clever.

Same

It really clarified the Kafkaesque tone of the movie.

i swear i heard it clatter as the screen when black

seek help

>decent argument
It's pretty spelled out. It was his wife's, and he dreamt before she died so he obviously had another one of his own. Not to mention letting everyone see it. Whether it's actually his ring is another matter.

This

>what changes if you know everything is a dream or not.
The question of weather he's actually with his real kids or just lost in his mind. I get that you're going through some "oh man I don't care about anyone and the world sucks" phase, I did too in my early highschool days, but the rest of us actually care about our family and friends. So the knowledge that I'm really interacting with my family and not some figments of my imagination is pretty important.

/thread

But this is a movie user, and knowing if he's in a dream or not changes nothing about the narrative whatsoever.
If it was important Nolan would've made it important, but he repeatedly doesn't give a concrete answer to that question because that's not the fucking point

It became his when Mal threw herself out of the window

It flips everything in the movie on its head if true, it matters more than literally anything else that happens and the majority of the movie is just action wank for braindead millenial box office dollars in comparison.

>It flips everything in the movie on its head if true
What does change? Tell me what changes exactly about the film and your experience?
And no it doesn't matter, you can see Google saying the same thing in any Inception interview.

Every action every character took is pointless if the ending is a dream. Leo might as well have killed himself before the movie started and the end result would be the same.

This. His whole motivation was to see his kids so it's crucial to the ending of his story if he really gets to be with them or not.

The only way it would not fall was if he was still dreaming. And if he was still dreaming who put him in a dream? The ending being real life makes much more sense.

I don't get it, the other totems made sense, like you would know where your dice had less weight and youbwould know how should it feel when you hollowed chess piece would fall. But what does that totem had that anyone couldn't make? In a dream I assume anyone would be able to make that thing spin forever. Or does it have some kind of unique type of infinnite spin? I didn't get it.

Who fucking cares. It was a dream, it wasn't... Big fucking whoop its a shit movie anyways

In a dream there would be no imperfections in the surface, i assume. You would have to imagine all that, and who would? Unless it's specifically for that to happen, but who would do that shit.

No, not really. Pretty sure Cobb would rather live indefinitely with his kids in a dream than to kill himself.
And that's what the ending means, Cobb just wants to be with his kids no matter what. Also the film asks the question then what is the difference between living a life in reality or in a dream if the experiences are the same.
He obviously gets to be with them, we just don't know whether it's reality or a dream. Do you think Nolan made it this way so the "secret undeground patrician dissecting club" can piece it together and form a singular universal answer?

What about before that?

What kafkian tone? Kafka's novels and short stories have a very different tone than this movie.

It's just a cop-out ending to trick the audience into thinking the movie was anything other than a gimmicky thriller.

A character actually that driven to be with his kids would quickly go crazy over trying to prove whether he was actually dreaming or not, he wouldn't just accept it.

but user Cobb has already gone "crazy" multiple times during the movie

Totems are flawed, if someone would make you fall asleep he would have access to your totem if you have it in your pocket, if the trick was sonething as basic and simple as the weight, he would now know, and if you don't have the totem in your pocket he wouldn't even need to know your totems trick.

HE DOESN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE TOTEM

But he wouldn't be with his kids, he'd be in a fucking dream with hisself, and his kids would be alone. It makes no sense from that perspective that he would just go "who cares if it isn't reality or not".

This, that's the reason why he didn't stay with Mal in limbo either. And then after like 50 years he was still looking for Saito to get OUT of the dream. He wouldn't change all his opinions suddenly after he's been living two complete lifetimes with the same ideology: It doesn't matter how I feel. A dream is not reality and it will never be.