Hey gang! Let's cast Neuromancer!

I'm giddy with excited about the Neuromancer movie even though its most likely years away.

io9.gizmodo.com/the-neuromancer-movie-is-back-on-this-time-from-deadpo-1797691788

Just for fun let's cast the movie:

Case -
Molly -
Linda Lee -
Armitage -
Riviera -
3 Jane -
Ashpool -
The Finn -
Hideo -

I hate the idea of turning Neuromancer into a movie. They're going to gut it in the process. I was always hoping they're make it into a limited series on Netflix or something, give it the time it needs to tell the story properly and if it does well do the other 2 books in the trilogy.

Shit book will make a shit movie

idk man, if they get a good director, the story really isn't that long or dense. They just have to get some key scenes and ffs cast it right.

I'm weary of sci-fi Tv. It generally has a hack vibe to it, event when its done relatively well. It really is one of those things where set aesthetics matter just as much as the acting and script, and if they underfunded a potential Neuromancer TV show it would just be a monumental disaster.

Sir, you're just being silly.

Case - Jake Gylenhall
Molly - Chrlize Theron
Linda Lee - anyone really
Armitage - Tim Roth
Riviera - Michael Shannon
3 Jane - Holliday Grainger
Ashpool - Terence Stamp
The Finn - Mads Mikkelsen
Hideo - any asian guy

When has Hollywood adapted anything successfully?

Case and/or Molly

Case - Keanu Reeves
Molly - Carrie-Anne Moss
Riviera - Joseph Pantoliano
Armitage - Laurence Fishburne
Ashpool - Hugo Weaving

easy

>Armitage - Tim Roth
>Riviera - Michael Shannon
I feel like you got these totally reversed since one is a hulking brute and the other a charismatic but sneaky little rat

Reminder that this image of Chrissie Hynde was Gibson's inspiration for Molly.

I always picture her when I reach the part where they describe how fucking weird looking 3Jane is

could work

The Snow Crash adaptation is more important before Jason Momoa is too old to play Raven

We already missed the window of Chloe Moretz playing YT

yeah, you're correct, my bad

I wish they'd just do this

>love the genre
>hate Neuromancer

I even tried the audio book thinking I could get through it that way. Nope.

it was definitely the weakest of the trio. You should try Count Zero, it's very loosely related so you don't need to know the first one. It really is quite good and sets things up for Mona Lisa Overdrive which is also quite good.

in before...

>idris elba

really tho, they can cast anyone they want, it's a fucking book without pictures

>Mona Lisa Overdrive
I thought this was a Lil Ugly mane track

If they absolutely must jig up the movie, he would actually make a half decent Riviera.

>idris elba
Can he do a Jamaican accent? Because in a movie Malcolm is gonna be a fan favorite. "Crazy shotgun-toting stoner that's super loyal and brave"

And he doesn't even die in the end

I've only read the first few chapters, but then need to cast that girl from croutching tiger hidden dragon as the street samurai gurl with the crazy finger nails

I'd agree with that Armitage is the clear "he could very easily be black" character. His whole thing is just angry PTSD-riddled WW3 veteran guy, you could fit anybody from Bruce Willis to Dennis Haysbert into it with great results.

I think has a good idea though. Shannon's pshycotic face would be perfect. I think he's kind of a tall guy as well, so that just makes it better.

>successfully

ROONEY
O
O
N
E
Y

Case - Michael Fassbender
Armitage - Mel Gibson
Molly - The german who plays Faora
Riviera - James McAvoy
Dixie Flatline - Harry Dean Stanton

>Harry Dean Stanton
user, I don't know how to tell you this...

>Don't you want to have hollywood try to make a constructed dead guy play a construct of dead guy

Dixie Flatline should be played by someone with a really good southern accent. Appearance doesn't really matter given he's a ROM construct.

didn't want to quote sorry

It would be better animated

Its okay. I found the Old Man's War, Forever War, and Ember War series and went through all those instead.

Philip Seymour Hoffman can do a great southern accent if I remember correctly

He's also dead.

Exactly, just like the flatline

>rimshot.wav

>chris cunningham will never direct

apply bullet directly to cranium