We can all agree captain chink was the best character on STD

we can all agree captain chink was the best character on STD

>a bit racist to give a chink captain a ship with a chink name, though

gotta get that Chinese audience though. I wouldn't be surprised if they mention the CCP still exists in that universe.

CHINA NUMBA WAN

btw i think she got some face work done, she looks so different now

No.
The best character was that tall guy who said he was cuck prey, but even that wasn't enough to save it.

You nascar filth can't even let me hate chinese people properly.

Just shut the fuck up for your own waning worth.

she look great for her ages.

why do you like the cuck guy so much? he's so beta

he is beta, but the acting was good. The rest of the cast was terrible acting with terrible writing.

You're not wrong, Walter

I wanted to lick her feet as white slave

No, her accent was horrible and she couldn't act for shit

little old chink lady can't act, even the nigress seemed like a thespian compared to her

yeah, but the character was cool

Agreed, but user, I didn't know you were a racist.

doesn't she die?

not confirmed

I couldn't understand a word she was saying

chris tucker!

she dies in episode 2

what happened to casting attractive asians?

we need a captain, not a whore

If you are going to spend all this money making a show, why the fuck wouldn't you just pay to have a great actor be the lead? I just don't get it CBS, you are really fucking stupid,

they shot the load on all the dutch angles and flares

I just watched the first two eps. First officer what's her name never should have been promoted that far, she's basically unstable and has PTSD from whatever happened to her as a child. The other thing that bothered me was that the attack on the Europa by the klingon ship seemed like a shady move. I'm not convinced that the other klingons would follow him after something like that. It seemed more like something a Romulan would do.
The only time the rapid cuts bothered me were in the hand to hand combat scenes, and when the bridge is operating normally. During the ship to ship combat it was fine honestly. I'd rather have that than have a wide shot of the bridge crew shifting in their seats while some camera operator shakes the camera up and down.

She was fine except they let her rock a chink accent for god knows what reason

STD is corny and wack: it doesn't feel like Star Trek at all, it's as if some studio lobby pulled all the worst tropes from the abrams trek movies and shoehorned them into a fan fiction reboot. The tone of STD is way off base and I doubt this series will gain popularity without significant retooling. Spending a buttload of money on Dutch angles and lens flares and jump cut editing can't hide the poor character motivations and sloppy rushed plot. You can't take the pacing of a 90 minute movie and cram it into a 44 minute episode each week or you end up with a poor quality season akin to the latest GOT series.

the credits list her as "Special guest star"

she ded

Klingons find honor in victor. The ends justify the means to them.

>not daft punk girl

Get the fuck out

It still doesn't sit right with me, if I were one of the great house leaders, I would be questioning the strength of this guy's house and his resolve if he had to resort to underhanded tactics to bring victory. If he was truly the unifier that he claimed and Khaless reborn he would have been able to defeat the enemy head on.

The Klingons using cloaks isn't something new.

Right, they would drop out of warp directly in front of a fleet and then open fire in direct combat. Maybe there's no difference. I'm just airing grievances.

that robot made no sense. robots should look human like a primitive version of data

It wasn't a robot. It was a female with a helmet

In DS9 General Martok leads a "calvary" raid behind enemy lines.
>fleet consists on 5 birds of prey
>2 decloaked and made a strafing run against the Dominion outposts, then ran away without raising cloaks
>the Jem'hadar fighters chased after the two decloaked ships, leaving the base defensless
>the three remaining ships remained cloaked in orbit, and only attacked when the Dominion repair crews were outside the station assessing the damage

This is just one example. Klingon's are not above using deception, hit and run tactics or attacking defenseless repair crews.
There is honor in battle and honor in victory. How they go about winning isn't as important as actually winning.

I get what you're saying, but using a cloak isn't a big deal. Besides, the Klingon ship literally rammed the Federation starship; what could be more direct than that?

Could have been a cyborg.
The real tragedy is that we'll never know.

I would liked to have watched a trek show with chink captain rather than following Anti-Riker around from one bad decision to another.

She was like the "inscrutable Chinese" stereotype. It made me feel like the PC police were going to break down my door any second.

Except for her rushed dialogue to fit enough Michael character development into the premier, I really liked her as a captain.

Who's complaining?
I love white people.