Got a Job In a Theater Last Week Today my boss told me they start the show last to get people eating early so they can...

Got a Job In a Theater Last Week Today my boss told me they start the show last to get people eating early so they can make more money when people buy more shit

>my boss told me they start the show last

what

I guess they hire just anybody

What's wrong with your English?

he probably means that they delay it as much as possible

I don't doubt it, with the excess of local ads and the amount of trasilers they play, it actually takes my local theater 25 minutes after the lights go dark for the movie to begin

Same here. For new releases the film doesn't start until 25-30 minutes after the billed time, and movies that have been out for ~4 weeks have around 15 minutes of ad time. UK here, I imagine it's worse in the US though judging by the amount of ad breaks they have on TV compared to us.

when I saw IT in theaters i swear to god we watched fucking 30 minutes worth of trailers. absolute horse shit

to anyone who still goes to theaters:
kill yourself

holy fuck..........

I enjoy watching trailers

my kino where i work is the standard 15 min of trailers. no lie though longer preview times would help with the line on busy days. people will legit start screaming and go baluster over the movies if you work at a local ratchet cheap homey family style theater

I think everyone expects that the trailers and other bullshit take 20-25 minutes, but that's already prebuilt into the showing. The only control OP would have could be delaying it by a minute or two? I thought all that shit was just automatic these days since movies come on harddrives.

This seems harsh, but yeah, I wouldn't do it ever unless someone really pressured me. It doesn't help that I like watch everything sped up, but I don't think theaters would appeal to me either way.

Theatre worker here.

Movies don't even come in through hard drives for my building anymore (with rare exception, like foreign and indie films). They ingest via satellite. You're partially right by us not having control though. We're given guidelines with what is required to play before the films (usually equating to the 20-25 minutes of trailers you're used to). Technically I could chop some off since they're all separate files making up a playlist, but the studios send reps to do trailer checks multiple times a weekend so it's not worth getting caught.

I hope you at least get a discount on the crab legs.

How big are those files for the movies? That must be some crazy bandwidth use.

Good question. I used to know when they consistently came on drives years back and I'd see them ingesting, but it's since fallen out of my brain. They're quite large though, yeah.

Oh that's why they don't play the trailers after the movie.

Do you really watch things sped up? Are you autistic or have severe ADHD? Serious question.

>ingesting films

???

>Do you really watch things sped up?
Literally everything unless I'm watching something with other people, and I usually don't like it.
>Are you autistic
Asperger's so not really or somewhat, depending on your definition.
>severe ADHD
I'm pretty sure I don't.

Usually around 140GB

>Leaving a movie in the middle to get more food.

Who does this?

>Want to work at my theater
>They only hire high school girls
Uh...

It means I bought the 40 ounce icee and want a refill so that I get my money's worth. 10 dollars for what amounts to a bunch of frozen corn syrup is ridiculous.

Get a refill on the way out. Whats the point of going to the movies if you are going to miss 5 minutes of the movie?

Yeah? And? I think it's been known for a while that concessions are a major source of revenue for each individual theater.

Just the terminology we've always use for downloading the files into our library server/between projectors. I see where it makes sense, but also where it would seem weird to someone hearing it for the first time.