Fuck you Sup Forums and Sup Forums as usual you are wrong

Fuck you Sup Forums and Sup Forums as usual you are wrong.

>The new Klingons are absolutely incredible and are exactly what Star Trek needs

In OldTrek, Klingons were really more of a caricature of what they felt like they really should be. They were two dimensional.
With discovery, they actually feel like a completely separate culture with real belief systems and hierarchy. I absolutely love that they have been speaking almost exclusively in their own language.

>T'Kuvma the Unforgettable

The lead Klingon being a Bismarck style leader who introduces radical new military technology that reshapes the balance of powers

Really hope the next episodes are of the same quality.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=StF9jrhw-pU&t=210s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WE
U
Z

K
A
N
G
O
N
Z

space orcs

somehow these Klingons are even less likely to be scientists and engineers which is impressive.
Imagine getting all dressed up ni that spike armour to go down to the lab, and play with deflectors all day.

>mfw they literally went WAAAAAGHHHH

>producers turn Klingons into Drumpfkin
>Sup Forums immediately relates

How do they justify the klingon's looking so different from the other ones?

They don't, but it is literally the least of the shows problems.

>OldTrek

Oh hello there CBS, doing some damage control to prepare for your potential breach of contract lawsuit with Netflix?

>Klingons looked like Worf before TOS, then like humans during TOS, then like Worf again. This was confirmed and explained across numerous series
>Klingons now have previously and later unseen WARHAMMER ship design
>Klingons having cloak tecnology before TOS
>"Nobody has seen a Klingon in a hundred years" directly lifted from that Romulan episode of TOS.

I want to see a white klingon aggressively fart in the lead character's mouth so hard her cheeks puff out and her eyes bulge.

You know, as a radical new military tactic that reshapes the balance of power.

How did they justify the klingon's looking in TNG so different from the looking in Star Trek the original séries ?

Before ENT, they did not. We are just better for CGI and make-up.

Ds9 Klingons weren't 2 dimensional

They were black humans. No less no more.

my guess: they all or some are eventually going to change from being supposedly racial purists (according to an interview with the former showrunner) and accept people into their culture regardless of their ancestry and interbreed with some other aliens/humans so that at least some of them in the future look more like one seen in later episodes

DS9 did an episode on this when they went back in time.

I agree. I loved STD and can't wait for more.

People just want to hate it.

How long will it take you to admit that you were wrong?

If we reach September 24th, 2018, and there's still no lawsuit, will you get down on your knees and beg our forgiveness?

STD is so bad it made me appreciate ENT

ENT is now a classic

Thats fucking retarded, I would of went with 'klingon scientists where trying to create the ultimate warriors and made these fugly bastards. They find out that they where too effective or 'gose against the original teachings so just close them all up into pods via Khan story line before some crazed fuckers bring them out again.

See? I can come up with an allready used plotline but something that makes fucking sence in this shitty show and it only toulk me reaching into my ass to do it.

More like T'Kuvma the Jobber.

ENT's always been good.

>they're all niggers except the one whitey who is an outcast

Klingon funeral is TNG Cannon. They literally WAAAGHHH at the sky.

Season 3 and 4 of ENT are legit good and it's a shame it got cancelled after recovering from the typical early season slump of Star Trek.

VOY is the shittiest trek. Starts tedious, stays tedious, ends tedious.

>in an effort to bolster their unappealing and unwanted reboot, CBS shills unironically try to convince everyone that it was actually TOS, TNG and DS9 that were bad

i'm not even angry at this point, just impressed

although I agree with thisthis anonis correct, they have always screamed when one of them dies to scare the dead and let them know a warrior is coming to the afterlife.

highlands close

Shills have been a problem since TFA

They didn't value their corpses in old canon, though.

I don't mind the changes. I like the new klingons quite a bit, actually. They feel more alien, more culturally distinct.

The guy in the middle is like a real life anti-semetic Nazi caricature from DER STURMER come to life

>more culturally distinct
it's new, but no, it's not "more"

VOY is the closest to TOS

DS9 is so far away form trek it would have failed if it didn't mix TNG with babylon 5

TNG>TOS>VOY>TAS>ENT>DS9

Is it wrong that I want a time travel episode where they go back and meet Archer and the Enterprise crew?

>The new Klingons are hideous racist black caricatures

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!!

Literally a a paid shill

DS9 has good characters and writing, VOY has shit characters and writing. Sorry.

i thought they would not propose anything interesting and i was wrong on at least one thing so far: the culture clash is well presented. i remember hearing something about a crisis in anthropology in the 60s i think, something about not being able to get close to the object of study because you falsify it and in a way destroy it... was all that about ethnocentrism, i forget. anyway. interesting to see the klingons playing it as being totally incompatible... but we saw some factions show they could be a bit more chill about it and just keep their distance.

DS9 isn't even a trek

Its a space station soap opera

>VOY is the closest to TOS

Only with shit wiritng and awful characters, yeah pretty close my dude definitely warrants a place on the rating higher than DS9 - the best written and acted Trek show of them all

seriously if you're going for maximum contrarian shitposting you might as well have put STD at the top

Anyone here speak Klingon and can confirm how accurate their accents/pronunciations are?

That's where they had no forehead ridges. Isn't this set 10 years before TOS? So in 10 years, the majority of Klingons turn from this to just guys painted brown.

you probably wipe sitting down

It's really not that hard to believe that Klingon's would shit on the albino just for being one.

>So in 10 years, the majority of Klingons turn from this to just guys painted brown.
This already happened in ENT because some genetic virus got spread

>I am captain shuushnuu of the starship chingchong

glad she's dead already

But VOY has nothing that beats in the pale moonlight:
youtube.com/watch?v=StF9jrhw-pU&t=210s

I enjoyed the Klingons too, they handled them in a very fair manner - their culture and cause were believable. Couldn't even call them the villains until they crashed their ship into the Europa. Best part of the new show easily. Everything else was either poorly done or retarded as fuck though.

Its nit stsr trek dude, its just some generic space action flick/series now. You being a retard it is understandable that you do n't get that.

If they actually show the Klingnogs transforming to the Soviet Mongolians of TOS i will literally pay for it. But that 99,9% won't happen judging by how they are treating the canon so far.

My bad, my ENT memory isn't great, so they were starting the 'turn' in ENT? And yet all the great houses and rando Klingons of 'the unforgettable's' hous are all some form of orc? It makes very little sense.

ENT is awesome and so is faith of the heart

there are times orville looks exactly like ENT

>watch the first episode
>main character is awful, unrelatable, obnoxious
>klingons look ridiculous - changed just for the sake of change
>everyone talks so fast, and all sound like data, e.g. "unable to comply"
>camerawork, lens flares, dutch angles pulled directly from jj trek
only saving grace was the cool klingon storyline and they killed the fucking klingon hitler before the end of episode 2...

I'VE GOT FAITH...

TO BELIEVE...

>DS9 - the best written and acted Trek show of them all
Sup Forums really is the center of bad taste

Are you saying S1-2 are bad? I'm watching ENT right now for the second time, getting to the end of S2 and I've enjoyed the crap out of both seasons, it even feels like that the amount of super lame eps per season is smaller than in previous series. I also remember all the Xindi stuff or whatever which comes after quite meh.

1 and 2 are more boring than bad, but I liked the Xindi arc except for the one episode with the insectoid nursery ship

>Are you saying S1-2 are bad?
Not the other guy - They're meh, but they're bad by Star Trek standards. 3 and 4 are great though. A fifth would've been outstanding.

White Klingon Pride, Alpha Quadrant Wide

Based space Muslims. Based space Mohammed. Kaplah, we call a Jihad on the federation!

Its bad get out reddit

truly an epic crafted for the ages

Out reddit.

Few people are going to want to admit it but Star Trek canonical dogma is suffocating as fuck and has really pigeon holed any new star trek creators.

Voyager alone fucked up the technology curve so badly that anything post-VOY has to deal with slipstream drives, crazy ablative armor, a borg destroying super virus and holo-technology that essentially farts out sentient creatures whenever you turn it on.

Thank to all the time travel bullshit in ENT we know what the enterprise-J looks like (bad) and we have this stupid ass road map to the future.

And because we have 5 decades worth of star trek on tv you can't match aesthetics with anything without clashing with something, or creating bad caricatures of what people thought was cool using budget effects from the late 60's, the late 80's or the early 2000's. TNG ruined the fuck out of star ships by essentially playing with the scale of bird of prey models to create a nonsense klingon fleet and re-using the reliant from ST II and the excelsior from ST III because they couldn't afford anything new.

This whole universe is a continuity and aesthetic nightmare to the point where I don't see why anyone even bothers getting mad about anything anymore. It's never fucking matched and it's never made any sense.

Was the new show good or bad I've only seen the Star Trek movies and liked the show better than those.

I unironically agree OP, the Black Fleet, Torchbearer, the culture, aesthetic, all really interesting so far.

Discovery so far is better than the Jew Jew movies, yes.

There was lots of various ship designs shown from both sides, which is nice.

I unironically like the designs that we saw, the federation ships looked appropriately clunky, but still very much in-line with the established aesthetics, saucers and nacelles.

They were all better than I expected. Even the main "villain" ship was explained well enough.

I liked the small Klingon ships we saw during the skirmish; flying wing-BoP analogue.

stop talking to yourself, CBS

that's just an even more overdetailed version of the small BSG cylon ships

Nope the leads in jj were at least charismatic

>got proven how much of an autist he was weeks ago by some user showing this newfag the archive with his filename, now he uses Sup Forums-x to edit his filename before posting, spewing random 1->5
hilarious redditfaggot

It was a good start. Looking forward to more.

the most disappointing thing about this show is that people will watch anything.
these people are the problem.
watching this garbage rewards them and only encourages more garbage.
more lowest common denominator.

Damn! That ugly black klingon is the most ugly racist stereotype I've ever seen on tv.

Fuck you original fans we have nothing but distain for you.........please bring money

>People bitching about klingon design and lens flares when a good portion of the S1 of DS9 was abysmal

I thought the Romulans invented the cloaking device....

>potential breach of contract lawsuit with Netflix?
Someone tell me what this autistic guy is referring to

The new Klingons are nationalists, oppose scheming liberals, literally did nothing wrong, and just want to MAGA.

Does this show ruin canon?

1. No
2. You shouldn't care anyway. It's a tv show not a wiki.

So far it's sharted all over canon in several major ways. mostly to do with tech and klingon biology.

Ok, so kind of important

i've been lurking and something just happened and I don't know where to ask this

I just killed a big shiny black spider with a red thing on its belly. Upon further inspection and googling I found out it might black widow female

Do I need to call an exterminator ASAP?? No clue what to do

>does this show ruin canon
>No

pajeet stop shilling for cbs

Suddenly Spock has an adopted human sister we never heard about

don't worry about it

wat?

Netflix footed the bill for an highly anticipated Original Timeline tv show under a Viacom license (classic Trek shows). CBS recently split with Viacom and decided to skirt it past Netflix by making a show with a Bad Robot license or a new licensing setup, which is unssoperted by merchandising. They still marketed and presented it as a Prime timeline show, which it obviously isn't. It's supposed to be set between ENT and TOS and doesn't look like either one or even anything remotely close.

Disclaimer: All of this is speculation based on rumors.

Was canon ruined when the NX-01 had a view screen, had post TOS ship technology with slightly different names, ran into people with holodecks, and met the Romulans, Ferengi and Borg decades/centuries before their canonical first encounters?

yeah, but canon does not matter here anymore than it does in star wars

They'll accept (((those))) Klingon since they now have a common enemy.

Are you sure though? This is the 2nd time seeing one in the last few days (and only two times I've ever seen them before) but tonight it's confirmed black widow with the hourglass

If anything i'm going to call to make sure the local clinic has anti-venom, since the hospital is very far. I'm getting a shitload of mixed messages whether i need to pay up for an exterminator though

Star Trek fans have the memory capacity of fleas

>view screen
irrelevant
>ran into people with holodecks
they never shared that technology
>met the Romulans, Ferengi and Borg decades/centuries before their canonical first encounters
they ensured that the crew did not know who or what they were. It's just another unknown species at that point. But I get what you mean, I'd also like some lightsabers in Star Trek because fuck canon.