Character is a scientist

>Character is a scientist
>Well versed in all fields of science instead of just being hyperfocused in one field and isn't a complete moron when it comes to anything outside of his field of expertise

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymath
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A specialized scientist will still have far superior knowledge of all science than the average layperson faggot watching a tv show. You should quit bitching and get back to your community college classes in cookery.

There are polymath scientists that are universal geniuses. A good example is John von Neumann, who even plied his mind at theology in his later years.

At some point you think you'd eat some humble pie and realize you don't know anything, just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist, and vice versa

>Character is a baker
>well versed in all fields of cooking instead of just being hyperfocused in one field and isn't a complete moron when it comes to anything outside of his field of expertise

But we don't like shows about actual scientists. We want techno wizards who can do everything magic can do. But then we want to be smug about religion afterwards.

>character is mechanical engineer
>I should listen to him voice his opinion on climate change

good goy

The worst is when a scientist just magically does shit and relies on plans that intelligent people wouldn't use. Rick from Rick and Morty is the biggest example of this

>stargate
>carter doesn't know shit about archeology or linguistics
>jackson doesn't know shit about physics or math

>"Hello I am a grad student I have been working on getting my Ph.D in comparative medicine"
>"Oh great do you want to be the architect of this skyscraper?"

>guy bakes break so he must make good zurcher geschnetzeltes

didn't you know being smart means you know everything?

>OP makes a post
>Puts a frog in it

lol as usual some butthurt engineer is the first ones to cry about this.

Look, I'm sorry that on tv nobody goes "Let's get the engineers opinion on this!".

>architecture
lol

Rick and morty isn't that good, but the idea of someone pulling shit out of their ass is bad when it's serious.
If it's part of the story and a joke I think it's ok.

How big are Doom's eyes????

they must be huge! haha

Word.
A real ,I dedicated my life to science, scientist knows a lot about everything,HE just has cartoonish amounts about one area. They are hyper curious about everything,yet somewhat restraind emotionally

t.a guy that "built" a car and his friends scientist dad LOVED to observe. (It was great,I'd spend way too long replacing a suspension part and he got excited as ye figured out the benefits)

Were you embarrassed by some PhD or something and you need to salve you ego with some dumb bullshit like "oh well he can't change a sparkplug," or like what is your angle

>he thinks climate change is a matter of opinion
>he cares what a pop-sci comedian has to say, not the overwhelming majority of qualified climatologists

anti-science retard who cares about the opinions of political pundits when it comes to objective measurement detected

>character is a scientist
>is also a black woman with a British accent

>(((qualified climatologists)))
we need more green taxes :) they should tax everything :)))))

calm down Sup Forums

We don't need to. There are plenty of people with PhDs who believe in (((global warming))) and (((gender theory))).

>Science is based on being right about everything 100% of the time and not on constantly being proven wrong
pee brain

Car is a bad example because car work can be done successfully with the owner's manual and simple tools, most people are just too dumb to follow 14 steps to do a task.

Unless you want to throw out hot rodding, tuning or custom frame work as an example of car work, in which case yeah you do have to be pretty smart.

Man of Renaissence, Leonardo da Vinci. Does this tell You something?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymath

no but parkinsons law tells me that all scientists will always be full of shit and smarter people should be in charge of solving real world problems

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law

also (((evolution))), (((the holocaust))) and (((space travel)))

That was back in the day when human knowledge was way less developed than today.

>he genuinely thinks the holocaust happened

you're lost

>lynchian lovecraftianesque

>trope thread ruined
Fuck you

fuck you!

A good mechanical engineer should be able to read a scientific paper and get the main ideas even if they don't understand the cutting edge math/techniques

>And what makes you qualified for this position
>Well I can read over a few papers and get the main idea
>We'll call you

>pee brain

>work can be done successfully with the owner's manual and simple tools
The most simple task,an oil change is not in the owners manual.
You own a car,look in your manual and tell us if you have a distributor and how/why to adjust it.
It's about being curious and willing to learn. A mathematician would enjoy watching a carpenter work,would watch and ask questions as an electrician.bent conduit.

>shit for brains is commonly accepted as an insult
>pee brain manages to elude you

Not him.
On this board I hear that the _'90's are the infancy of technology a few times. Probably the same Henry Porter fan...

Crap,I just realized I am arguing life knowledge with kids that hate storytime because the old (20)actress doesn't look like there jerk off fantasy.
I admit,you all win. The world is just like 15 yr olds think it is. Have fun sleeping in your race car bed.

Are you saying these things aren't in manuals? What ARE you saying?

Oh, and I wanted to call you out on this as well. Just stay on the bus, retard

all fields of cooking require following a recipe
it's not hard, user
ffs, it's like building a lego set

this is not half bad
>scientist lectures main character on archaeology and history

>Sup Forums has now gone full adeptus mechanicus

Huh

>(((qualified)))
the only qualification that matters for scientists is how accurate and specific their predictions are. i'll care about a climate scientist's opinion when they stop predicting we'll all be underwater in 5 years or when i move into a boat house

>Relationship: "It's complicated"

>Jack doesn't know shit about anything but shitposting

I know you're just memeing but reading scientific literature and being able to digest and understand it is a vital skill in keeping up with the cutting edge of whatever field you're in.

It´s almost as if world temp would increase if you´d exchange all the air for CO2 or CH4 and everything would die because it couldn´t breathe. There´s a reason this shit is just a small fraction of our air and we couldn´t exhaust as much CO2 as this little "experiment" used.

man stargate SG1 was so awesome when i was a kid, im gonna do a rewatch its been too long, thanks for reminding me user, youre a top bloke

Back to and stay there.

here's my impression of a gay teddy bear
>hehe I'm gaaaaaaay!

Well thats just the bee sneeze

>earth is billions of years old
>has gone from ice ball to lava ball, and everything in between, with 0 human interaction, several times
>one volcanoe spews more harmful bullshit than humans can manage in a year
>yet somehow science says that humans are killing the planet and need to be taxed