So do you think Anton killed this guy or nah

So do you think Anton killed this guy or nah

Yes. He made a rethoric question.

Logic says yes but for whatever reason I got the impression he let him live. Surely he would have just popped him outright but he does like to play with his victims

IMDB says

This implies that if The Accountant plays blind, Chigurh will not kill him. The script has the accountant answering Chigurh's question with a, "No," (the scene then changed) which would imply that he lives. The question could have also been rhetorical, being that he obviously *does* see him, meaning yes, he will kill him.

what was the endgame behind that hairstyle?

Long in the short places, short in the long places

That only works up to a point.

To blend in

Makes his silhouette resemble the grim reaper

digging the bangs desu

What would you say to get out of this situation if you were him?

Seems like the “that depends” defeats the idea of it being rhetorical. You wouldn’t say “that depends. Is the Pope catholic?” If he said only “do you see me?” then cut, it would’ve been a lot more up in the air because you’re not sure if it’s rhetorical or if he’s giving him an out.

Maybe it’s just Anton talking in his spergy little way though.

>tfw your name is Anton
>tfw your name is only associated with a writer from 100 years ago and this psycho from a movie
>tfw when the famous actor you most look like is Cillian Murphy, best known for playing another psycho for a movie

Quite honestly I'd just do the same thing as him, tell him what I know and hope for the best.
I like to think Anton spared him like he did the gas station guy, even though he's a witness the guy did nothing to offend Anton.

Kinda would have been a pointless encounter if he HAD ended up killing him. The point of this and the gas station scene was to demonstrate that Anton's "code" actually does allow for people to survive encounters with him if they play their cards right. This guy pretty much played his cards right the entire time and remained calm. It's pretty likely he made it.

>the way he starts talking about his Stephen Root's character in the present tense but then catches himself since he's dead.

Little stuff like that is why I love the Coens.

did he kill moss's wife?

It's pretty heavily implied he killed her. Dude's checking his boots when he leaves the house, probably for blood.

Obviously

I liked that motel lady she didn't get phased by Anton at all

>DID YOU NAWT HEAR ME?

The way his exit from that scene is great. Javier Bardem plays it like "Oh, you're lucky this time."

honestly, if I were him, and Anton asked me if I saw him, I would just start doing normal everyday shit, then walk past him and out the door like nothing ever happened
I feel like answering the question is already fucking up, since you have to acknowledge that someone is in the room to answer the question that could not be asked otherwise

Its obvious he didn't.

At the end, those two kids are told "you didn't see me." By Anton and spared his wrath.

Likewise, that fat chick is saved only because the person in the bathroom didn't see Anton so he had no reason to kill.

Again, Moss survives the motel shootout and not once does he see Anton there, or vice-versa.

AGAIN, Tom bell never sees Anton, the shots at the crime scene after moss' death show Anton hiding and again, Bell lives too.

The people who see all seem to get fucked eventually.

Even though she was figuratively saved by the bell I always liked that the only person to successfully stand up to Anton was an indignant receptionist.

because she was actually a manifestation of an actual angel telling him to stop

look at that fuckin' bone

Does anyone else think that this movie started out amazing but completely fell apart about halfway through? It seems like after a certain point the plot didn't matter anymore and they just wanted to show us how spooky scary dark nothing personnel kid Chugger was.

Hotshot straight out of the dying /tpg/.

Spot-on guess, I need something to fill the void man.

Keep your surrealism away from my neonoir.

Me too. We're all gonna make it friend.