The music for this show is hugely underwhelming. They should have something suitably cosmic...

The music for this show is hugely underwhelming. They should have something suitably cosmic, like Vince DiCola or Kenji Kawai. Something that can actually add to the cosmic landscape.

Instead its bland filler music.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WHcLqxj5wMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5UCwXjVPbXw
youtube.com/watch?v=At_Bv_pLM9k
youtube.com/watch?v=KWFy09vlYuw
youtube.com/watch?v=MudFSiyOglI
youtube.com/watch?v=rw7acr4AJNM
youtube.com/watch?v=YBJ0OiiTM_o
youtube.com/watch?v=GrV7fVZ7Kug
youtube.com/watch?v=TdOhRQvsL4E
youtube.com/watch?v=l8bpjWIFLec
youtube.com/watch?v=BbLHFXpsxNI
youtube.com/watch?v=UBsXlBg95SE
youtube.com/watch?v=x8zsE5zdlsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4EQXEIoZrZE
youtube.com/watch?v=SlcUwUwjLrs
youtube.com/watch?v=so10dKbhorI
youtube.com/watch?v=6UgXIf9jhF4
youtube.com/watch?v=krqqqgixNq8
youtube.com/watch?v=lmOhNyitewI
youtube.com/watch?v=dFBBKfw59kA
youtube.com/watch?v=pP1QXKbhqr4
youtube.com/watch?v=4H0JDomv8ac
youtube.com/watch?v=vGiPlzcNpws
youtube.com/watch?v=KeX4V90A4D4
youtube.com/watch?v=wFNLiSk2lWI
youtube.com/watch?v=fU4aCgUFDOY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Vince DiCola

youtube.com/watch?v=WHcLqxj5wMQ

All I'm saying is, some kind of 80s synth or something would go a long way to fleshing out the tone of the series.

>The music for this show is hugely underwhelming
I absolutely love the show so far, but I agree. The music is forgettable. I wish they'd gone for a less 'techno-ambient' vibe. I miss the heroic feel of some of the old music. The music now just feels so stock sci-fi.

Some of it is good. The drums are pretty nice and varied in places.

I could have gone with more techno. Let Shiro rave.

Name one good track and the scene it played in.

American TV doesn't really care about music. Especially not in animation.

When they were locked out of the castle while training.

None of it was ground-breaking but I didn't think it was bad or anything.

Star vs has used music pretty well, outside the terrible theme song. Symbionic Titan and Samurai Jack had great music.

That's just it, it's not bad, but neither is it GOOD. It's incredibly middle of the road and forgettable, and not nearly up to the quality of the rest of the show.

People really underestimate how much a good soundtrack can elevate a show/film.

I couldn't agree more. I still find myself humming the original Voltron theme. It was so heroic and catchy.

It's a bit too ambient for my liking. I love synth stuff, but in Voltron, it doesn't have enough dynamics. Westworld did the synth stuff better, in my opinion, as far as shows from this year go.

youtube.com/watch?v=5UCwXjVPbXw

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone post music from any of those shows.

Well they should.

youtube.com/watch?v=At_Bv_pLM9k
youtube.com/watch?v=KWFy09vlYuw
youtube.com/watch?v=MudFSiyOglI

youtube.com/watch?v=rw7acr4AJNM

youtube.com/watch?v=YBJ0OiiTM_o

Samurai Jack has a deeply underrated soundtrack.

It's just ok, aside from Lulu's Theme which is better than the others. It only stands out because the bar is set so low.

They should try and pinch Joseph Trapanese

I couldn't imagine Tron Uprising without its score
youtube.com/watch?v=GrV7fVZ7Kug
youtube.com/watch?v=TdOhRQvsL4E
youtube.com/watch?v=l8bpjWIFLec
youtube.com/watch?v=BbLHFXpsxNI
youtube.com/watch?v=UBsXlBg95SE

Is it set so low, or is your mood so negatively predisposed to it that you dismiss it by reflex and only begrudgingly admit when something is good despite your preconceptions?

The quality of music in American TV animation is low. Almost every time people start talking about it, they post musical or comedy songs, not instrumental music. When they do post instrumental music it's rarely better than ok. Live action TV isn't much better either.

>Live action TV isn't much better either.

Ramin Djawadi can't score every TV show user, even he has to take a break sometimes.

You know what else was hugely underwhelming in this show? The fact that Pidge wasn't a boy

You take that back, user. I was so happy when I found out my guess from the first ep was right. Why would you want to take that away from me? I hardly ever get any good reverse traps.

Reverse traps are better, user. But I wouldn't have minded if Hunk was female. Same size and everything.

>live action TV isn't much better either
It kind of is. Depends on the shows though. I mean just compare the music from the best space opera live action tv series to a space opera animated series like Voltron .
youtube.com/watch?v=x8zsE5zdlsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4EQXEIoZrZE
youtube.com/watch?v=SlcUwUwjLrs
youtube.com/watch?v=so10dKbhorI
youtube.com/watch?v=6UgXIf9jhF4

His work for Defiance was good too. Different from his BSG stuff, but good. His stuff for TWD has become forgettable past season two though. Some would argue before.

The Expanse has good music too. youtube.com/watch?v=krqqqgixNq8

Hercules and Xena were the earliest shows I remember watching where the music played throughout the episodes was really memorable.

Back when I actively watched American shows, I rarely paid any attention to the music. I never see people make threads about it, and recently when some people were claiming GoT has good music not a single person actually posted any.

There is some good music and BSG is in fact one show where I did notice the music a few times. The stuff you posted though is mostly the sort of stuff that I wouldn't notice or listen to on its own.

>I wouldn't notice or listen to on its own.
So what kind of stuff do you notice and listen to on their own? Film music?

Well as far as film music goes, these for example.

youtube.com/watch?v=lmOhNyitewI
youtube.com/watch?v=dFBBKfw59kA
youtube.com/watch?v=pP1QXKbhqr4
youtube.com/watch?v=4H0JDomv8ac
youtube.com/watch?v=vGiPlzcNpws
youtube.com/watch?v=KeX4V90A4D4
youtube.com/watch?v=wFNLiSk2lWI

First thing I think of when I hear Kenji Kawai is Patlabor OP. Not exactly what you were going for, but his work on Gundam 00 was suitably bombastic for a show like Voltron. He's a great composer.

Agree.
youtube.com/watch?v=fU4aCgUFDOY
This edit needs work, but it serves as proof of just how forgettable and bland the new intro is.

May not be the most amazing theme song ever conceived by man, but it's a hell of a lot catchier and stands on its own more than anything in the new series without question.

You can barely even hear what little music there is.

Agreed. The only time I even noticed the score was when Allura powered up the living planet and Sendak was getting ready to take Black Lion back. They need that guy who used to do the cool Toonami intros.

6 more weeks until season 2

>Kenji Kawai
>On an american reboot of a bad localized anime that was not like the original Go Lion.

It's not like they aren't already having Asians do the heavy lifting in production. They should just bite the bullet and get a Japanese musician to give them a proper giant robot soundtrack.