Things you'd like to see in the Marvel Cinematic Universe or DC Extended Universe

Things you'd like to see in the Marvel Cinematic Universe or DC Extended Universe
>inb4 reboot
>inb4 cancel it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_tjEOnFitFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Make it animated so it'd be Sup Forums related.

DC: a good film
Marvel: Fantastic Four

guys, bear with me here

AMALGAM
CINEMATIC
UNIVERSE

DC: Anti Monitor "which is likely"
Marvel: A film above mediocrity.

Marvel: Howard the Duck starring Denis Leary as Howard

DC: A Crisis event where the Arrowverse replaces the DC Extended Universe

A reboot with Thor done right with decent actors this time.

I would like to see the MCU explore more genres instead of just action comedies and I would like to see the DCEU take more time with their movies instead of just cranking them out as fast as they can

This
Look I know the DCEU is in bad shape but lets not get crazy. Arrowverse is dogshit

DC: CIA solo movie

Was getting a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes and three sequels with one spin-off part of your master plan?

if they could pull it off, would he die?

It would be extremely profitable

Don't forget the video game series

I wonder if he's aware of the meme

DC: a reboot
Marvel: Xmen and F4

>MCU: Less iron man
>DCEU: a superman movie with the tone of Captain america 1 (campy, optimistic, self-aware)

>Marvel: Fantastic Four
>Marvel: Xmen and F4
That's really up to Fox, though I'd love to seeit

DC: Well made films and faithful to who these characters are
Marvel: The scene of Inifnity War where Cap stands alone against Thanos, but with the added plus of him lifting Mjolnir

This. And the X-Men for Marvel as well.

For real, I really think a softboot at the very least is what the DCEU needs.

You're a big box office hit

DC: Crisis on Infinite Earths
Marvel: a good movie

for DCEU...

>campy
We had that with Donnerman. And again with Singerman. Put that to bed.

I'm not advocating dark Supes. I'm just arguing for some middle ground. Not choosing between two extremes.

proud of you guys

MCU
>Dwayne Johnson being Namor, bu as a villain leading a Atlatean invasion on all countries.

DCEU
>Cass Cain Batgirl movie in a Hong Kong action martial arts style, Jiang Luxia would be the perfect Cass.

Hopes for MOS2...
>> Some kinda Mystery Clark & Lois can both investigate as reporters, maybe Perry with them.
>> Clark is open and friendly with people he saves.
>> Clark is lighter and notably more hopeful, has a good amount of scenes being happy and content. FAR less uncertainty in his position in the world.
>> Parasite if used (Id prefer not) is more like the thin creepy tas/Alex Ross version and not the growing blob he has been in recent years.
>> No camp at all.
>> Matt Reeves would be a solid person to direct I think, he can do serious even dark stuff but get the emotional core across as he did with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Hopes for Aquaman...
>> Manta is played by Elba, Jai White or K Williams.
>> Manta is not a Atlantian villain as has been rumored.
>> Mera is never a bitch or unlikable.
>> Once her and Arthur are together they are fiercely loving and loyal.
>> Heard is sexualized a good amount.
>> Undersea horror vibes.

>Arrowverse is dogshit

This, the first season of Arrow was good but everything that came after is cringy at is best.

Campy doesn't mean comical or ironic or light or kitschy. Camp is just an artistic style that places more value over stylization and exaggeration over fundamentals and traditional conventions. The term is derived from the french "se camper" which means "to pose in an exaggerated fashion" and its first english usage can be traced back to 1908, which was defined as "exaggerated and theatrical artifice so extreme as to have perversely sophisticated appeal."
All that "kino" stuff you see Sup Forums spouting? That's actually them noticing the camp and not being literate enough to use the right word for it.

Snyder's DCEU doesn't need to become campy, because by the original and proper definitions of the term, it already is.

What it needs to do is become GOOD.

Barbara Gordon Batgirl filmed based on the story of her becoming Batgirl again after being shot

Hopes related to Wonder Woman (17) and potential sequels...
>> I feel Ingrid Bolso Berdal (armistice on westworld) would make for a good Cheetah.
>> I want her to be sexualized a little bit.
>> I want the Greek Gods to actually appear in the 2017 film.
>> I don't want Stryker to be Ares unless he gets his armor towards the end and has a seriously epic as fuck battle.

>Green Batman
>Good

Dwayne is already cast in the DCEU as Black Adam.

You know what we mother fucking mean, NONE of the tone/style/look/cheapeness/silliness of Adam West/Reeves or Batman Forever/& Robin.

fpbp

>I want her to be sexualized a little bit.
But that's bad, because of the objectification, and the strong powerful woman
-SJWs

Marvel: Venom (and eventually Agent Venom but only if they recast the actor for Flash Thompson)

DC: Snyder having no part in it anymore, Wonder Woman being recast, Teen Titans, Catwoman

Metallo

Beta Ray Bill

From a Marvel movie, I'd like to see villains who are written better that aren't 100% likely to be defeated at the end, especially in a way that prevents their return or the continuation of the plan they set in motion. It's like they are a threat, get foiled, and that's that.

From DC I'd like to see a Superman that isn't this grim figure that appears to be doing good for humanity because he feels like he's stuck here as an outsider. I want to see the actual Superman that considers himself an American citizen with lofty ideals, shared responsibility, and actually fucking smiles.

DC shouldn't have to reach out for Apokolips or other Cosmic threats just yet either. Heroes on Earth with developing stories should be immersed with problems ON and FROM Earth for us to understand them better, as well as those who oppose them.

I want Black Manta in both

Its only objectification if she has no depth, character or purpose besides being sexy.

MCU gets F4 rights. F4's hero adventure days were before Ironman 1. Now they are in sort of a Future Foundation mode. Doing SUPER SCIENCE! and raising a family.

Doom is being Doom and ruling Latveria. Which is neighboring country to Sokovia. He isn't happy with Stark and the Avengers for the whole Ultron mess. Since it sent a lot of Sokovian refugees into his nation, and threatened to wipe out his nation.

Will the Shazam movie be made?

>Metallo
Fuck no, I don't want to see any notable use of Kryptonite again for a while.

Marvel:Moon Knight on Netflix
DC:a JSA movie

>making red characters black
Kill yourself

Wasn't the guy next to Jon Stewart campaigning to play him? I heard that he got too into it and DC won't consider him anymore.

I know what you mean, yes.
But you can mean the wrong thing.
BvS is just as silly and extreme as Batman Forever/Batman and Robin. The only difference is the direction it takes that extremity. It's still campy and hyper stylized over substance, just with "dark pathos and gravitas" as its guiding direction. It's just as tryhard but it's tryhard in a way you like so you're trying to claim it doesn't count as tryhard.

And to be clear there's nothing wrong with any of that, except your continued denials

Guy Gardner should be Matt Damon.

Only Native Americans can play Sinestro god damn it! Fucking blackwashing, taking the roles from good, hard working red people

No I think that was Tyrese Gibson. The guy next to John Stewart is Idris Elba.

This.

I also hope they emphasis Arthur's state as kind of a fish out of water on both land and under the sea. I also hope they show us Atlantis in all of its glory and don't fuck up the underwater special effects with characters breathing and talking underwater.

Also, a fun adventure feeling for everything but the creepy stuff and Black Manta, who should be scary as fuck.

>>making red characters black
>Kill yourself
I want it to be a very dark shade of red, with almost a translucentness to it. Gamora in GOTG for example is too bright and looks way too much like make up. I want them to look slick.
>BvS is just as silly
No it is not in anyway, superpowers or giant monsters are not silly if you portray them in a non silly way.

MCU
>good music
This also applies to the DCEU but I can at least recall the ebic Wonder Woman guitar shred and high string from the BvS commercial
>Tone it down with the quips
Seriously. I love jokes, I really do love me a good laugh but sometimes just look back and think "does this really fit in here?" AKA Cape of Levitation scene in Dr Strange
>Color Scheme
Self explainatory

DCEU
>Zack Snyder
Just get rid of him. At this point he's the Joss Whedon of DC without the ability to bring in a crowd.
>Color Scheme
While everything in the Marvel Universe is plain due to lack of experimentation, everything in the DCEU is le gray and monotone due to misdirection
>Superman
Stop having him be so sad. Like seriously how many scenes in BvS and MoS are just Henry Cavill moping about in space or in his apartment or on the farm
>Villains
While Villains in the MCU tend to be forgettable, Villains in the DCEU are remembered for how awfully portrayed they are.

Overall, Just make better films.

And here's one we can ALL agree with

FUCKING STOP WITH THE FACELESS ALIENS/MONSTER SHIT AND BLUE LIGHT SHOOTING INTO THE SKY WITH THE DESTRUCTION OF ALL NEW YORK CITY LIKE FUCK MAN.

MCU hopes...
>> Scarlet Witch & Vision have a LOT of screen time in Infinity War if not fully on being the central characters.
>> Wanda to have pic related outfit but with cleavage on opposite sides of the black band down her chest. Use that same dark red.
>> The rumors of "Ragnarök" being the name of Planet Hulk and not the name of the Norse Apocalypse to be fully false.
>> For them to take the apocalypse of the Gods dead seriously despite the directors stated intent to force it to be a buddy road comedy with the Hulk, god damn fucker.
>> Black Panther to be very very close to Winter Solider in style/tone/quality.

>Villains in the DCEU are remembered for how awfully portrayed they are.
Except Zod and Faora which are beloved by 80% of people I would say.
And if they gave Doomsday more spikes and just a bit more rendering during the final battle people would have no problem with him.

>good music
Fucking seriously. Whatever happened to superheroes having distinctive, memorable themes?

In particular, I really hope Black Panther and Aquaman not only have great themes, but fantastic soundtracks period. BP's soundtrack should have an African-inspired sound, with African drums, chants, vocals, polyrhythms, etc., but with a modern, rock, action-movie soundtrack bent to it. I'd fucking love that.

Aquaman should have an adventurous-sounding soundtrack with a nautical bent to some of it. And give Black Manta something associated with him that's really chilling.

>Things you'd like to see in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Big budget dark'n'edgy Ghostrider movie directed by George Miller and for the Punisher series to be top notch.

>Things you'd like to see in the DC Extended Universe
Some good movies.

New gods by Snyder with zero of Johns input. Snyder is the madman needed

I'll give you Zod and Faora but I just can't give you Doomsday, man. He's a mindless monster who punches you just can't mess that up but somehow they did.

Fuck no. Although neither are particularly ideal.

We need George Miller on a New Gods movie. Then on a Justice League movie.

>BP's soundtrack should have an African-inspired sound
Seconded, similar to this...
youtube.com/watch?v=_tjEOnFitFE

>He's a mindless monster who punches you just can't mess that up but somehow they did.
Only design wise, personality wise he was fine.
I still maintain his CGI was good when he fist emerged from the birthing chamber and when he was next to Superman's stature, the rendering just got worse later.

>Only design wise, personality wise he was fine.

That's what I'm saying, Doomsday has no personality besides being a brutal killing machine so the only way to judge him is based on his design. To me it's like if they made the Hulk a bright yellow color to fit in with the stylistic choice of the MCU.

This

the only real reason people like Doomsday is because he looks fucking cool. Its such a head scratching decision by snyder that i cant wrap my head around

I'm kinda stuck in a hard place with Mos2.
On one hand I acknowledge that we need something much smaller scale to change it up (something Suicide Squad should have done), on the other I do want to see a few more epic scale fights from this Superman. :/

>tfw Cripplebomber could've easily been John Corbin, and given robot shit by lex

>tfw Metallo could've been the final boss

My main problem with BvS

These are going to be mostly Spider-Man related.

>Adult Spider-Man (ambiguously "college-aged")
>JK Simmons returning as J Jonah Jameson
>Spidey is wholly independent and fiercely protective of his secret identity (nobody learns it throughout the entire film)
>Also comes across as kind of creepy (sticks a lot to the shadows, frequently sits in weird poses and on top of things like bookcases or on the ceiling)
>Heavily inspired by Spectacular Spider-Man

also Beta Ray Bill

I want something kinda like that, but faster, more badass-sounding, and with some electric guitars thrown in there. Almost like a TV on the Radio song or something.

Nah, it's just that the frenetic action and the oniric filter didn't work well together

I don't want any side Kryptonians to be used but IF they must then I want Power Girl not Supergirl.

>Fan casting
>Uses picture of Jon Bernthal's role as the Punisher, for a fan casting of him as the Punisher

And use pretty much EXACTLY this outfit, maybe with thigh high blue boots.

If it ain't broke...

I threw him in there to make clear I wanted the other castings in the same continuity as the mcu Netflix series and not a later reboot.

I'm this person and you know what, I decided to come back to this thread because the more i thought about it, the more I let it fester, the angrier I get.

Why would the MCU borrow the civilians from the DC Comics who for some reason unconditionally love all the work the heroes do? Outside of Civil War, it seems like everyone is seemingly okay with some freak with powers and tech that could destabilize nations running amok causing billions of property damaged and collateral deaths. What the fuck? Thor himself is just a fucking lunatic from another whose come and just killed so many people.

Don't think the DCEU doesn't get a free pass either, why would they take the civilians of the Marvel X-Men and implement that? Some people hate Superman because of the city he flattened but guess what fuckface? You would probably be dead and your wife a concubine to birth Kryptonian children or whatever. They want to put Superman on trial and be held responsible for the BULLET RIDDEN BODIES in some desert shithole? Are they fucking retarded? And the people that do support Superman why do they hate Batman? The entirety of the Daily planet seemed to be against the way the Bat branded criminals and those branded would be killed in prison? What would they rather have Superman be sent over to the trouble brewing in Gotham to snap the necks of every criminal after flattening a block of property?

Maybe have Blink appear in the X-Force movie.

I agree with this statment

I want to see both Universes exhaust every material and get to that weird place. The "Leprechaun in Space/Jason X" kind of pace.

Apparently Marvel and Fox traded use of Ego the Living Planet so Fox can change Negasonic Teenage Warhead. Do you guys think its conceivable they could do a trade like: Marvel can use Doctor Doom and Fox can borrow some big Marvel characters, say have Captain America and Wolverine meet and work together in the past?

>Thor himself is just a fucking lunatic from another whose come and just killed so many people.
What are you fucking talking about?
>why would they take the civilians of the Marvel X-Men and implement that?
Because those are how real world people would actually react to Superman.
>Some people hate Superman because of the city he flattened
Only 1 single building fell during his 1 on 1 fight with Zod and he did zero structural damage to it, STOP FUCKING LYING.
>And the people that do support Superman why do they hate Batman?
Superman isn't torturing people and for the most part is just saving people from disasters and such doesn't seem to have much focus on stopping crime.

>Don't think the DCEU doesn't get a free pass either, why would they take the civilians of the Marvel X-Men and implement that?
I hate this about the DCEU so much.

It really is almost like the MCU and DCEU completely swapped the tones Marvel and DC both were known for. And I hate it.

>Why in the god damn fuck do people have such a problem with Superman being contextually put in a realistic world?
Because a), it's really not what I wanted, and b), the execution leaves a lot to be desired. You can put Superman in a more realistic world and not have half the populace hate him; you can also not have him mope about and have him actually try to reach out to the public. You know, like Superman would.

I'm not sure why this is so difficult to grasp for you. I mean, a lot of us are really attracted to the more fantastic elements of the DC universe. Although it's always been set in a world close to our own, I've always felt like the DCU was too crazy for it to quite be used to examine a lot of real world issues.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've always wanted to see them actually translate the weird, crazy, and ultimately bright and vibrant world of DC onto the big screen. I never asked for this bullshit.

Female Thor
Gwen Stacy as Spider-Woman
Carol Danvers in a serious relationship with Jessica Drew.

Pantsless Peeje or no Peeje my friend. That costume is dog shit.

>and not have half the populace hate him
They don't hate him in ether film, they fear him which 90% of the real world would factually do.
>and have him actually try to reach out to the public. You know, like Superman would.
And its specifically shown to be a mistake on his part for not doing so, Superman is allowed to be flawed and not make the right calls all the time. He is trying to remain above the fray and let his actions speak for him but his actions are being manipulated and misinterpreted.
>I never asked for this bullshit.
That means its not made for you, that does not make it bad.

>They don't hate him in ether film, they fear him which 90% of the real world would factually do.
There goes that phrase again. "The real world."

I feel like the DCEU only goes for such a realistic angle out of immaturity. Snyder is unable to like or adapt the sillier or more fantastical elements out of the DCU because he's an edgelord manchild who thinks everything needs to be as dark, cynical, and "realistic." He's unable to see the innocent sense of wonder that is at the heart and core of the mainstream DC universe, because he's all about VIOLENCE, MISUNDERSTANDINGS, DEATH, and KILLING. So everything that Superman himself has always tried to avoid.

>And its specifically shown to be a mistake on his part for not doing so, Superman is allowed to be flawed and not make the right calls all the time. He is trying to remain above the fray and let his actions speak for him but his actions are being manipulated and misinterpreted.
Superman can be flawed, but I think most people's issues with MoS and BvS are that they made Superman TOO flawed or rather, too greatly emphasized his character flaws. Superman should be someone you look up to, and it's hard to look up to DCEU Superman.

>That means its not made for you, that does not make it bad.
It's not made for me, then? Someone who's been a fan of Superman since childhood and whom has been reading Superman comic books since they were a preteen? Who is it made for then?

A New Gods film
>> No earth
>> A notably sexualized but imposing Barda

Spider-Man - Homecoming
>> Keaton gets alot of screen time and personality.
>> During the later battles Keaton has his helmet off.

I want Nightwing and a Robin, most likely Damian. Nightwing and Bruce, although starts off rocky at the beginning of whichever movie, eventually reconcile that Dick is his own man and that Bruce is no longer gone off the deep end.

Damian brings that real father-son dynamic and trying to keep him from making the mistakes. And then finally, as a show of DC's legacy, allow 1 movie for Dickbats and Damian.

>I feel like the DCEU only goes for such a realistic angle out of immaturity
No they do it so it has relatable impact and ask intelligent relevant questions to the audience.
And nothing about ether film was edgy in anyway.
>He's unable to see the innocent sense of wonder
We got that in Mos with him meeting Jor-El.

If Snyder was all about violence/death & killing why did he wait over a hour & 15 minutes in Mos to give us any action with Superman?
And even longer in BVS minus the knightmare sequence.

>Who is it made for then?
People who like or love Superman but prefer or are open to dark versions of him.

I'd like to see at least one Hulk sequel. Also for them to tie up the Leader loose end from the Incredible Hulk. I mean, hell, I'm not sure how plausible it is, but negotiate for the Leader to appear on Agents of Shield

Suicide Squad was good tho
A crossover or merge at some point.

Matt Ryan in a hard-R Constantine movie set in London

Purge it all and focus on fixing comics.

sjw's hate dc movies and there's nothing that can be done to change that.