Why is Tim Drake considered the best Robin?

Why is Tim Drake considered the best Robin?

He's not.

Because he's the only one who will never grow past the mantle.

Because the two other Robins are better in their new roles and Damian sucks ass.

There's a vocal minority of comic readers who grew up in the 90s/early 2000s when Tim Drake was Robin and think he's the best simply because he's "their" Robin.

That's literally it. Aside from that, he's as bland as a character can get.

Because he's awesome.

This. Just like people who prefer nu-Venom to Eddie Brock venom

the same can be said for Dick, Jason, and Damian

thats the only reason Barbara is still around as Batgirl even though she was better as Oracle

>the same can be said for Dick, Jason, and Damian

The only one of those three who could be described as bland would be Dick, and at least he gained a personality once he became Nightwing. Tim just took the default template that Dick left and did literally nothing with it.

They did make him a more "thinking" Robin, to the degree than Ra's calls him "Detective", something he normally only calls Bruce.

Damianfag pls

Out of all the Robins, he's the only one who really chose to be Robin. That makes him the Robinnest Robin of them all.

Dick was taken in and trained as a child. He had nowhere else to go otherwise.
Jason was taken in by Bruce to try to correct him.
Damien was born into the bloodline and trained from young by his mother.

Tim saw that Batman was falling apart after Jason's death that he knew that Batman *needed* a Robin. He was such a devotee of Robin that he figured out their identities from watching Dick's jumps. He went to confront Bruce to take Dick back and he was told to fuck off. He went to look for Dick and was more or less told to fuck off. He ends up proving himself in that arc, showing not only that Batman needs a Robin, but that he could actually be the Robin that Batman needed. So, when given the opportunity, he trained from nothing to become Robin.

That's what makes him the definitive Robin.

Each of the Robins represent a part of Batman now.

Dick is the fighter.
Jason is the "whatever-it-takes" rule-breaker.
Damien is the bloodline.
Tim is the Detective.

Most of Tim's problems happened when writers decided to make him more interesting by turning him into Batman Jr and making him into darker character.

Some characters are not meant to be dark and work better as the only sane man.Being the only sane man makes a character boring to the fans.

cutest

>he's the only one who really chose to be Robin.
>The rest is kidnapped or otherwise forced to become Batmans personal soldiers.
Makes you think.

because he's not retarded, gay, or dick grayson

You forgot that Dick is also made for sex,
just like Batman.

He modernized the Robin identity and was the first Robin to get his own book. Unfortunately that was the character's peak. He has struggled massively to create an identity outside of Robin and it is becoming apparent that maybe it was the Robin brand and not Tim himself that lead to his past success.

Right?

Let's be honest, Dick surpasses Bruce on that front. I don't see people talking in reverence about Bruce's ass.

Even Bruce knew he was the best, he was the only one allowed to wear pants

>Why is Tim Drake considered the best Robin?
because Sup Forums is the board of /mlp/, Trump and Stormfront and bad taste in general

>not a whiner like Dick and Jason
>actually useful in detective work
>smarter than Bruce too
>etc.

Damien go back to bed and stop trying to piss off Jason.

No one was forced into being Robin.

Bruce wasn't even the one that made Damian Robin

Sounds too perfect to me.
It never was a good sign if the character had little flaw.

Tim's flaw was that he wasn't as assertive as the others and he always trusted Batman

unlike "Better than Batman" Grayson and "I died because I am a retard" Todd

>Tim's flaw was that he wasn't as assertive as the others and he always trusted Batman
That wasn't really a flaw, actually.

This is bullshit. Dick is the one who steals from Tim, not the other way around.

When Dick was Robin, it was "Golly gee, Batman".

Tim was the first Robin to be treated as an actual superhero rather than a sidekick. He was the first to get his own series and it was super popular, lasting for years and years.

Robin as a detective? That's Tim. Robin as relying on gadgets and skill to fight people with superpowers? That's Tim. Robin the elite hacker? Tim. Robin the one who is too serious compared to his peers? Tim.

Dick just ripped all of that stuff off for cartoons like Teen Titans and Young Justice and casual fans like you got confused by it.

>No one was forced into being Robin
Jason was actually kind of forced.

Batman literally picked him up from the streets and made him robin without asking him if he wanted it.

He really really isn't.

You forgot the most important one.
Robin with pants? Tim.

How is Damien patrician?

If Damien kept his character development instead of reverting back to a brat every arc, maybe he might be patrician.

user I'm going to let you in on a little secret:
anyone that uses the term "patrician" is themselves a contrarian.

IS NO ONE GOING TO TALK ABOUT HOW FUCKING CREEPY THAT WEBM IS?

Not only they retcon his character arc but also change his origin and background at every turn

Now that you mention it...

Jason's case is kinda creepy when you think about the way Batman take him in and that's Jason is homeless kid who doesn't have much of choice.

>omg I never sad no until the morning after! it was totally rape!

Why are you so triggered?

Teen Titans is bullshit, that Robin isn't Dick, but Young Justice's Robin wasn't "too serious".

Superficially, Dick represents Bruce's athleticism. On a deeper level, Dick represents Bruce's desire to see the best in people and his need to connect with others.

On a superficial level, Jason represents Bruce's brutality. On a deeper level, he represents Bruce's anger and his hatred of crime.

On a superficial level, Tim represents Bruce's intelligence and detective skills. Deeper, Tim represents Bruce's determination.

Superficially, Damian represents the negative aspects of Bruce's personality - his elitism, his cold shoulder, his inability to express himself to those he cares for. On a deeper level, Damian represents the finality of Batman's transformation and the linchpin of the Batfamily, who are together a reflection of Bruce. Damian is Bruce's actual son, and is a child who has lost his innocence completely, who has nothing close to a normal life, who is a soldier and a warrior. Damian represents the completion of the transformation and stands in stark contrast to who Bruce was when Batman was born: a child, but helpless, defenseless, fragile.

I see Dick and Jason as opposites to a certain extent, as well as Tim and Damian as opposites.

I should add that Tim represents Bruce at the emotional start of his journey, while Damian represents the other end of the continuum. Tim is still a normal person emotionally, he's sane and tuned in to the outside world.

I think a lot falls in line with this interpretation.
Dick:
>Bruce says that Dick "saved him" and "still saves him". This makes sense as Dick represents his brightest characteristics.
>Bruce in the past and sometimes now has tension with how to connect with Dick. This represents his struggle to connect with other humans in general.
>Dick had Bruce's beginning but didn't turn out like him. Alfred has implied and said multiple times that Dick turned out better than Bruce emotionally.
>Dick is loved by the rest of the Batfamily. Perhaps most importantly, Damian's love for Dick is second only to his love for Bruce. This makes sense as Damian represents Bruce at his most alienated, most lost in the role of Batman. His love for Dick represents the desire to embody those bright qualities: the compassion for others and the connection to them.

Jason:
>Bruce wants to "save" Jason, representing his desire to escape his anger.
>Jason represents Bruce's fear that he will give in to his anger and hatred of crime and break with his principles, becoming a murderer.

Tim:
>Only person to not be born into "the war".
>The most connected with Bruce Wayne's business, i.e. his "normal" life.
>Disliked by both Damian and Jason, who each represent dark aspects of Batman, representing Batman's disgust towards what remains of Bruce's "normal" life.

Damian:
>Attempts to kill Tim early on after his appearance, representing the completion of the Bat transformation destroying Bruce's normal life.
>Murders, but not out of anger against crime like Jason, but coldly, without understanding life's significance. Represents Bruce's fear that he'll become so alienated through becoming Batman that he'll lose touch of things like the santcity of life.

They're a rapist, I guess.

I want to play with Tim's titties

Daily reminder that Tim held down his own solo for a decade, far longer than any other Robin by a long shot.

It was actually 15 years

And yet people still can't be bothered to understand the appeal.

Because Dick had his own book during that time and Jason and Damian didn't exist.

This. Once Jason returned and Damian was brought to the main universe, Tim became irrelevant.

Yeah the only reason a character has an ongoing for 15 years is because other characters don't exist.

And how long have those relevant characters had their own ongoings for?

Yep, because he didn't have any competition and DC was only focused on him.

Yes because lack of competition and DC pushing a character are the only two factors in creating a decade long success.

Dick had ongoing since the 90s, Jason has been carrying a book since n52 started and Damian is starring in two books in rebirth.

But if Dick had an ongoing, how is it possible that Tim could too if Dick is the only relevant one? And great job skirting the length of the ongoing runs issue, almost got away with it.

>But if Dick had an ongoing, how is it possible that Tim could too if Dick is the only relevant one?
What? Did you even read my first post?

>This. Once Jason returned and Damian was brought to the main universe, Tim became irrelevant

Agent Venom is best Venom.

Dick having an ongoing as Nightwing has absolutely nothing to do with Tim holding the mantle of Robin in his own solo title for over a decade. Nice try though.

>Dick having an ongoing as Nightwing has absolutely nothing to do with Tim holding the mantle of Robin in his own solo title for over a decade
Why it doesn't? Dick manged to hold his own title for decades and still has ongoing.

Tim manged to hold his own title because there wasn't any competition and DC made it possible for him to do so. Heck, if Jason wasn't killed off and DC put efforts on him the same way they did with Tim, Jason would have been able to carry his own title for decades too.

You're a fucking moron and do not understand comics in the slightest.

So you're saying Tim was only succsessful because of how he was written?

You're saying how he was written has nothing to do with how a new character was able to headline his own solo title for 15 years?

No you retard, how he was written has everything to do with it, he's a fictional character. He was extremely well written until new 52, and that's why he was the best Robin to so many people.

Daily reminder that Robin is popular mantle and many people will give it a look just because of the name.

Jason and Dick growing beyond being "Robin" and becoming more popular is what I would call impressive feat.

>he was the best Robin to so many people
>many people

>Because the two other Robins are better in their new roles and Damian sucks ass.
Timfag bls Tim sucks.

Because he was an awkward virgin.

(no one cares) Tim Drake sucks.

I haven't read the bat books in a while, I thought the cunt died.

Tim was the only one that wasn't built around shitting on Batman and the only one that doesn't require for Batman to suck to be popular but can co-exist

Damian is an inherently more interesting character than Tim.

He was a damn good character from the 90s to 2006 (i think) when identity crisis hit and literally killed everything that made Tim special he became Batman Jr

Mr Oz took him out of play, he's in limbo and everyone thinks he's dead.

>Jason was the only one that wasn't built around shitting on Batman and the only one that doesn't require for Batman to suck to be popular but can co-exist
FIFY. No need to thank me.

Drakes entire concept screams "going to be nuked from continuity come the next crisis event".

Tim Drake fans? Is that the species of pokemon you find by surfing to the truck in Vermillion City?

"Nah Drake sucks.

No, it's a type of comic book fan you encounter if you were born before the year 2000

>the character entirely built around Batman fucking up and getting him killed and showing that his methods don't work
>not requiring Batman to suck

He is the literal embodiment of the "WHY DOESN'T BATMAN KILL THE JOKER?!" mentality

Tim Drake is lame ass fanboy shit.

>the character entirely built around Batman fucking up and getting him killed and showing that his methods don't work
Jason was blamed for his death and DC made sure that Batman wouldn't look bad after the event of DITF.

>not requiring Batman to suck
They literally made Jason look bad so Batman wouldn't sucks.

>He is the literal embodiment of the "WHY DOESN'T BATMAN KILL THE JOKER?!" mentality
No one thought about this until Jason bring it up when he returned and Winick wasn't even planning to make people take Jason side and think that his point made sense.

Jason is literally the only Robin who the writers didn't bother to make Batman look bad to make him look good.

>No one thought about this until Jason bring it up when he returned and Winick wasn't even planning to make people take Jason side and think that his point made sense
THIS.

Winnck (and DC) was suprised that many fans supported Jason's point because it was supposed to make Batman the hero while Jason was the villain.

Made Jubilee straight.

Maybe when it happened but today making Jason robin and his death are considered some of Batman's greatest mistakes

We even had alternate realities to show us that if Jason never met Batman he would be happier.

Since UTRH they have course corrected and turned Jason into the sympathetic figure with Batman being, as usual, the jerk of the situation

The only one that tried to wrote him as bad was Morrison and he had to quickly correct it and turn him into Wingman

>reminder that this moment was completely ruined in the very next issue by a certain "definitive" writer

All that happened recently and I do think that DC stopped blaming him for his death, but it isn't correct to say that Jason entire character was bulit around Batman messing up (or require him to sucks) because DC truned him into "the sympathetic figure" AFTER he became popular.

it should be damian

Damian is inherently more interesting character than *Bruce*.

Yes, that's why Batman kept his solo book for decades and so did Tim while Damian can barely sell with Teen Titans after being shilled no stop for months

I wouldn't go this far.

Though, I do think that Jason and Damian are more interesting than Dick and Tim.

Is it weird that this gave me a boner? It probably is but I don't care.