Who is the most senile animator or comic book artist in the West? Pic not related

Who is the most senile animator or comic book artist in the West? Pic not related.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/i/web/status/807141424030486530
youtube.com/watch?v=bBt0imn77Zg
youtube.com/watch?v=pgaEE27nsQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

John Kickfaultski or whatever the fuck his name was, the guy who made Ren & Stimpy

John Byrne and John Kricfalusi

Meant for

Sim

Allan Moore was born senile.

>guys show off their proceduraly generated animations
>hey I have a friend that's disabled so these weird animations trigger me and you're disgusting for making them

when did Miyazaki become so cucked

Link?

twitter.com/i/web/status/807141424030486530

>Technology has advanced so far, one of the next steps is to try and incorporate intelligence, emotions, and art into it, some of the more "defining human characteristics", to see how far we can push our own advancements
>Development in ANY field is always going to have a rough patch of awkwardness, "what is this useful for exactly?", and slow improvements
>Regardless, improving technology to the point where AI can learn and change behavioral patterns is an important one that can be applied to a lot more shit than just video games
>THIS SHIT IS INSULTING HOW DARE YOU DEVELOP THIS IS THE END OF HUMANITY AND ART AS WE KNOW IT

At least he's already made his masterpieces and he'll dead in a few years so old mindsets like this will be closer to being gone from the planet.

To he fair he called the animation disgusting but yeah, the point is still made.

>Development in ANY field is always going to have a rough patch of awkwardness,

Factories are still dehumanizing shitholes. Yeah, fine they're not ripping children's arms out their sockets, but they have suicide nets outside the upper windows.

Luddites were right.

Factories themselves or workplace conditions?

Because there's a difference.

Enjoy your CGI dogshit in the upcoming years

I will because once it's fully developed, it'll look amazing.

Unless you're severely underaged and don't remember the long process of going from Antz to Zootopia. And that CG is still being developed to include new visual techniques. Fuck, even Sergio's "Klaus" animation tests is pretty new tech for the improvement of 2D.

>when did Miyazaki become so cucked
he's always been an over dramatic bitch

>in years time we'll have things that look as good as what we replaced

Amazing! Reminds me of all the people dancing in the street when LCDs finally had a response time that was 10x that of the CRTs they replaced.

And how everyone is acting as if IPFS is amazing and new when it's just Usenet.

And how loading an OS off of an SSD has given us the same boot times of the Atari ST.

Or how people talk about fuel economy being so important when it was literally the selling point of the original Fiat 500 (which gained it in the most obvious way: don't put so much heavy shit on the thing).

It's all the NASA-Pencil parable and people swallow it time and time again.

Miyazaki is a useless hippie.

Moore and John K.

>It's all the NASA-Pencil parable and people swallow it time and time again.
It isn't true that NASA spent a lot of money on the "space pen". That was privately developed. Plus pencils are shit.

>Thinking all tech in the world is developed by one guy who is moving the whole world backwards instead of forward
>Or that businesses getting a hold of shit to purposely milk it for all it's worth isn't a thing
>Or even that LCDs and SSDs aren't useful as fuck

Companies like Wacom also use shitty components that are hard to replace so they can nickel and dime all their customers but the fact that the tech exists is the whole point you dribbler.

He's right, because CGI is disgusting.

John Byrne just has autism.

>he fell for the 500 meme

>Enjoy your CGI dogshit in the upcoming years
Are you from 1999? beause it's been like that for at least 10 years already.

You don't know the reason why NASA spent all that money on the pen, do you? I'll give you a hint, it's not because they could.

And I have a lawnmower that puts out more horsepower than an original Fiat 500. They didn't get great gas mileage because of some genius engineering, they got great gas mileage because they're a flimsy metal box with a cloth roof attached to a go-kart engine.

At this point, Ralph Bakshi.

I dont want the japanese studios to go full cgi on their movies like in the west, because of marketing faggotory. So I guess I am team Myazaki on this one.

>a new technology is slightly worse than its predecessor in a trivial aspect
>it's shit
Get over yourself.

>And how loading an OS off of an SSD has given us the same boot times of the Atari ST.

Yeah, a modern OS only has a billion times more components and functionality than an Atari. Why did it take them so long?!

You know what has the fastest boot time of all? Pen and paper!

Judging by his dialog, Neal Adams

Good point. Here's my counter:

Haiku is a full OS as well and loads off a regular HDD faster than fatty Windows does off an SSD.

Most of those components are useless to the end user, but that's because we've all been sold OSs designed for servers and multiple users, and told to deal with it on our home hardware.

Even RISC-OS, another fully featured operating system, can load in a few seconds on a computer as shitty as the Raspberry Pi 1.

>>Development in ANY field is always going to have a rough patch of awkwardness, "what is this useful for exactly?", and slow improvements
To be fair that kind of machine learned movement isn't a new thing and their demo was pretty bad.

Compare with a more abstract (and way older) demo of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=bBt0imn77Zg

Or this from a few years ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=pgaEE27nsQw

>Show a half-assed demonstration of a technology you haven't really even finished where all you've done is made a gross zombie thing because you can't even make it walk on its legs

>Expect accolades from the guy whose most outspoken principals have always been about depicting things with respect for life and nature

It's fucking Miyazaki man show him a fucking leaf falling from a tree or some shit not a zombie dragging its head across the floor with the selling point of "We don't know how to make it move naturally yet so maybe you can use our technology to purposefully inject the Uncanny Valley in everything".