Independant & Creator Owned General - /ico/

(Including Co-Owned you fucking autist)

Love & Rockets Edition

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/fantagraphics-launches-superhero-universe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any recommended biographical comics anons?

I've recently read Feynman and it was pretty neat.

People are jizzing themselves over March at the moment

What do people think of The Fix? I find it enjoyable to read but I just wish Spencer would at least do a bit of research on what a cop actually does.

bump

Found the first issue to be pretty boring. Stopped there.

Really funny, one of the better comics of the year.

Also, everybody who likes Beautiful Darkness should check out Pinocchio by Winshluss.

It gets better imo, at least check out a few more issues

Are eurocomics cheating?
Because I really enjoyed pic related. Best layout and coloring I've seen recently.

Meh. It really feels like Superior Foes, but without the any of the magic for some reason.
Maybe it's because I'm more ready to accept crazy backstabbing antics when people dressing in spandex for heists are involved.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any threads on Sup Forums about Fantagraphics new comics series "All Time Comics" which is supposed to be geek culture oriented superhero comics but made by adult oriented cartoonists like Josh Bayer, Noah Van Sciver, Johnny Ryan and others. Of course, it will not be real super hero comics but rather a mockery of geek shit in general.

cbr.com/fantagraphics-launches-superhero-universe/

>eurocomics
I've never really understood this term when Sup Forumsmrades are using it. Is eurocomics a genre or could it be any type of comic as long as it is made in Europe?

Weird, Trimp is dead.
Superhero parody is usually pretty stale.

Well, there's always the Kafka biography by Robert Crumb and Zane Mairowitz. Even if you're not into Kafka's books you'll probably find it interesting. My Friend Dahmer by Derf Backderf is a really good biography about Jeffry Dahmer's high school years. They are shooting a movie adaptation of it at the moment.

There was one when it was announced but it only got like 30 replies also I think you're wrong, Bayer is writing the project and while there will probably be mocking of modern comics he clearly loves superheroes, he even got Herbe Trimpe and supposedly other classic superhero artists on board

The Trimpe stuff is posthumous...

Yeah, that was my thoughts too but this seems somehow more "serious" than the Strange Tales and Bizarro World stuff. I mean, Benjamin Marra is basically a geek cartoonists considering that his comics are mostly about fantasy and crime fighters but his stuff would never be published by Marvel or DC because of the graphic sex and absurdist humour.

The latter.
Though historical, cultural, format and publishing differences tend to set the two apart. If we use broad generalizations

But most of the time on Sup Forums, it's "any comic that isn't made in the US or Japan", so it includes things made in south america like the Eternauta.
Canada is a bit of a gray area.

It's pretty shit.

>Canada is a bit of a gray area.
Diamond has always distributed in the US and Canada.

Yep, but some canadian works gets lumped with eurocomics. Like the Bellybuttons.

Love and Rockets is the best comic ever.

I have a not-so short list of recommendations in no particular order:
A Distant Soil by Colleen Doran
Finder by Carla Speed McNeil
Blue Monday by Chynna Clugston Flores
Age of Bronze by Eric Shanower
Castle Waiting by Linda Medley
Rachel Rising by Terry Moore (way better than SiP!)
The Wicked + The Divine by Gillen and KcKelvie
Black Magic by Rucka and Scott
Copra by Michel Fiffe