What would you have done to fix it?

What would you have done to fix it?

Scrap the whole thing. Nobody in this day and age gives a flying fuck about the Fantastic Four anymore, so why bother?

Why would you want to fix one of the greatest mistakes in Hollywood? Seriously, seeing this thing being created out of pure spite on Fox's part is hilarious.

Cut the losses and sell the rights back to marvel

Probably make it more like Ultimate, than 616. Young F4 was rather interesting there.

Make it like Star Trek

Make it something light hearted. The 4 going on some sort of fantastic voyage of discovery in some weird dimension.

Just admit they were ripping off Ultimate Fantastic Four rather than pretend they were trying to be original, and make Annihulus the villain instead of Doom. Save him for the sequel.

I fixed BvS the other day, you are going to have to give me some rest before I try to fix this shitfestival.

/thread/

cause they keep all the best villans in marvel comics

>The movie is set during the 60s, during the space race
>Characters are their comic book age, not teen super geniuses
>Reed is working on a cutting edge rocket engine
>Doom is his much younger apprentice, who is jealous of him
>The day of testing
>Doom sabotages the engine
>The rocket explodes in space and creates a wormhole that transports them to the negative zone
>The majority of the movie is set there, as they adjust to the powers and battle Annihilus
>In the end Reed finds a way to fix the rocket
>They come back to our world
>Turns out time goes differently in the negative zone
>It's been decades in our world
>They arrive to the modern day MCU

Not make it in the first place.

Scrap it and use the money to make a new Tremors movie.
The audience can take bets on when the black dude gets killed.

Keep the tone they had when they came back from the other dimension and it was all fucked. That film was ruined by the time jump.

Already got enough of the "man out of time" bullshit in the mcu. Plus, something as significant as four astronauts having their flight sabotaged would've at least been mentioned once via the media or by shield. Also doom would be 70-80 years old by the time they got back, therefore rendering the most important f4 villain of all time a senile, old man. I can't see how the fantastic four could possibly fit into the mcu, everyone's wasting their time on what ifs.
Suck my dick.

take doom out of the first movie. make them fight mole man or somerhing.

spay & neuter

Done the Book of Doom instead.

Skip the origins at least and just pick an adventure to go on. If you need the origins, only mention it and move on.

This makes way too much sense.

Nobody EVER cared about Iron Man until the movie. Not even a little.

The first issue would make a pretty good movie really. It has exploration, Kaiju, a great silve age villain, and the origin.
The Mole Man isn't hollywood enough, but you could just put him in a tacticool rig, and cal him the Mole.

Skip the origin story and give us a real Doom

* Make it an origin story, but not a characters-meet-each-other-story. It's 4 people who are already college-roommate-friends, girlfriend, girlfriend's fun younger brother. Their relationships are all solid before the whole powers thing happens, and the drama comes from a familiar set of people figuring out what to ACTUALLY DO with having super-powers.

* Victor Von Doom has a vicious love-hate relationship with Reed because not only is Reed the first person Doom's ever met who he couldn't intellectually run rings around, he actually notices mistakes before Doom does. RICHARDS IS LITERALLY THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHOSE OPINION DOOM GIVES A SHIT ABOUT.

* Don't make Doom the villain of movie #1. The deeply-fucked-up relationship he has with Reed is as important as any of the FF's to one another, and he needs to be a presence in the entire franchise... the Loki but with "authoritarian awesomeness" instead of "sleazy trickster-god charisma".

* If the REALLY NEED someone to be black, make it Reed Richards. It'll also put some extra spice in Eastern-European-Doom's fixation.

give the rights back to dc

sounded good until black reed richards. just make them white jesus fucking christ. nothing will make black people watch fantastic four and nothing will make critics like fantastic four. and nothing will make tumblr stop bitching. tell them all to fuck off and make the movie for the fans.

But I cared because he was one of my mains in MvC 2.

I don't know how many people share the opinion, but I liked the concept of "updating" the F4 in the sense that it was changed from astronauts going into space over to dimensional travel.

But mostly, Fox keeps making them as superhero flicks (generally ending in a fight against a supervillain, basically Doom because they're creatively bankrupt and just HAVE to tie him to the F4 origin and add powers on top) when I think they'd probably work better as sci-fi family adventure movies instead.