Jonathan Hickman's LOSH rumor

Jonathan Hickman is launching another DC pop-up imprint in the same vein as Young Animal and Wildstorm focusing exclusively on DC Cosmic. Along with Andy Khouri, the former editor of Omega Men and current editor of Suicide Squad and Green Arrow, will be shepherding the imprint alongside Hickman. Lee was particularly impressed by Khouri after working alongside him for Suicide Squad along with the impressive critical reaction to Omega Men.

The imprint will focus on Legion, REBELS, The Wanderers, and an Omega Men revival. Hickman is writing Legion, and Tom King is writing Omega Men. Si Spurrier, Rob Williams, and Ales Kot are also involved, but I don't know in what capacity.

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/blog/2016/10/04/warren-ellis-wildstorm-universe-return-to-dc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there's at least 2 more dc books i'll be reading

Rumor comes from my LCS, House of Secrets in Burbank btw. It's a favorite of a lot of folks who work at DC and rumors are constantly going around. The last one I heard that was as much in detail as this was the Wildstorm revival, which turned out to be completely true.

I want to believe so fucking badly.

He's still Marvel exclusive tho user

He was at their last retreat around NYCC

His contract is as ironclad as anyone else's. Especially since he isn't fucking writing anything for Marvel.

He was at their retreat but he's not doing any work for them and he visited DC HQ. Personally I think OP is full of shit but there's nothing stopping Hickman from doing it.
I want this to be true badly. DC Cosmic has really suffered from only being the Rainbow Wars bullshit. I'd really like a focus on DC's alien cultures to happen.

Did he say he was exclusive?

Because he DID say after Secret Wars ended he wasn't interested in any big two work for a while, but he's joked about having DC stuff and DC contacting him a few times on twitter over the past couple months.

Though a few weeks ago he was thought as having a Wildstorm imprint book but that hasn't shown to be true, so he's probably just doing all his delayed Image books.

Hickman would be a terrible pick for Legion (of Super-Heroes). The only good thing in that line up is a continuation of Tom King's Omega Men, and even then only because it presumably follows on from the existing book.

If DC tries to make all of their cosmic stuff a horrible super-complex PTSD crawl it'll suck. Even LEGION/REBELS had a sense of humour. I don't believe this rumour - it sounds like a wishlist - but I do wish I understood where all the people shouting for Hickman on LoSH are coming from. Did they not read any of his long-plot Marvel stuff?

>The Wanderers
That's pretty left-field, although if Cave Carson can get an ongoing, why not.

I'd prefer King on R.E.B.E.L.S and still not sold on Hickman Legion, but I trust Khouri Khomics

With Ales Kot, Khouri Khomics can give us DC's "Man on the Wall" ;^)

But muh charts.

Is that it? I really don't get it. You've gotta look at that huge leash he was given with all his Avengers stuff and how he wrapped it up into a noose with Secret Wars. It was a 'Lost' situation - kudzu plotting, zero fucking satisfaction. It's easy to spread out the strands of a complicated plot if you never have to knot it.

Hickman doesn't have me convinced on strong and different character voices either. In fact all of those names up there - Hickman, Tom King, Si Spurrier, Rob Williams, Ales Kot - none of them are 100% on those different character voices, which is essential for LoSH. Caveat: I did like Hickman F4 and I do like his recent Image thing with the occult banking cartel, and I think both of those do manage good character voices. But if you're pitching a whole cosmic imprint seeing this lack of variety and well, samey-ness - you can kinda group all these guys up into a similar sort of idea, right? - is not selling me straight away.

Like I would be interested in a Tom King REBELS. I think that's a book naturally placed to push on from his Omega Men run, and I'd be more interested in that than a straight-up continuation of his Omega Men run. I wouldn't mind Hickman or Rob Williams on a new Omega Men either. But Hickman for the whole imprint, these names, LoSH? I dunno.

Please let this be true

Please let OP be not completely full of shit for once

>all white guys bar 1 editor
seems unlikely

This is DC we're talking about, user. Not that other publisher.

Even then I don't think they set themselves up to take this flak. I guess the artists could balance it.

>I heard a guy who works at a LCS say
It's fake user.

Seriously when have these type of leaks ever borne fruit?

This.

I need this to happen. If there is a god, just or unjust, he would allow this to happen. Id buy everything here just to support the line.

Let Giffen try again

What if he doesn't want to? He's done so many LoSH books already.

Lock him to the desk

Stop

Any rumors about Justice League Internacional?

Please no. Keep Hackman and Kot out of DC.

>liga de justicia internacional

Why would they do another imprint? They already have Wildstorm incoming and YA is still fledgling. They should just put this in YA and diversify the brand.

Hickman LoSH doesn't sound very YA; I wouldn't put it in my YA folder, at least.

Not to confirm or deny op, but I also heard a very similar rumor from my comics retailer after he got back from one of those big retailer summits at NYCC

I didn't hear anything about spurrier or kot though, the rest of it lines up pretty accurately with what I heard

>doubting DC's magic

Hickman is at least a big enough name to keep LoSH alive for a while.

Fuck off, shithead. There are enough hacks at DC as it is.

Reminder that Spurrier is going to write for DC. He's writing the Suicide Squad 9 with Rob Williams. Bleeding Cool reported it.
People (reddit specially) were just too blided by the sheer scope, stupid suspense and doomwank that they couldn't see the obvious issues in his Avengers run. Also the fact that Hickman's Avengers run is normiebait considering the time it was relaunched and the hype Marvel created around it because of Secret Wars. Seriously more than 80% of the people who read his Avengers either never read Avengers/Marvel or didn't read good Avengers stories. They don't know what to expect. If you read it on weekly basis or stop to think about it once you've read it, you'll get how convoluted and messy that shit is.

>Bleeding Cool
Into the trash it goes.

Spurrier has Hookjaw, Cry Havoc, another Dynamic(I think?) title already so I doubt he's going to write more, he usually only writes a few ongoings at a time.

The stuff on Suicide Squad has been announced AFAIK.

I'm actually down with a Wildstorm Imprint.
It can take place in the rest of the DCU still but focus more on the black ops superhero-commando-covert shit like old WildStorm comics did most of the time.

>four comic books with a good history turned into grimdark sci-fi jargonfests and soapboxes which promise amazing things and then end with people talking meaningless statements at each other
>with charts
sounds good senpai

Fine, stay in Marvel then.

This is exactly why they need to put it in there if they're not going to publish it through mainstream DC, YA can't just be le quirky hipster (not in a derogatory sense, it just is exclusively those kinds of books now) imprint. It needs genre and tone diversity. Vertigo was not just dark occult titles.

Is he still writing Doctor Who the Tenth Doctor?

>Vertigo was not just dark occult titles.
Mostly it was, though.

Ehh. None of his indie titles are that big. Spurrier is also friends with Ellis and Williams. So maybe he's helping out on SS and then he's on WS book under Ellis.

Nah, that's just what you remember.

Nah, I did hear that Jeff Parker and Doc Shaner are for sure doing Shazam but they're treating it like Ellis on Wildstorm where they want a half dozen issues in the can before announcing it. That's the only other concrete rumor I've heard

>tfw no Spurrier Cable

I've cried myself to sleep for the last few days

YA is pretty diverse in tone though. Only Shade and Doom patrol are kinda similar tone wise but Mother Panic and Cave Carson are totally different.

Give me examples of Vertigo books that aren't horror or dark fantasy; I want to try them.

Thank god he's not wasted on that garbage.

It's Robinson, so it'll either be readable or fucking shit. At least that book has great art unlike every other Resurrection title.

>Cable
>garbage

Who pissed in your cornflakes?
If Spurrier was writing, it'd be good.

His FF was excellent though
He's a toss up on big scope scifi epics. If he kept LoSH to a few core characters and used the expanse of the Legion to break up the story like he did with FF and the Future Foundation cast he could be effective.
I think a break from mainstream capes will have helped too

Scalped, Daytripper, Sheriff of Babylon, Unfollow, 100 Bullets, Human Target, Unknown Soldier, It's a Bird, American Virgin

>None of his indie titles are that big
And your point is...? He's never been on "big" titles and he's never written many titles at once. Only about 3.
>he's friends with Ellis and Williams
And? Morrison and Moore are also friends with Ellis.

Thanks. Still a small percentage of non-dark occult, though.

>a toss up
FF vs. everything else he's ever done? Is that a toss up?

GL is shit

You're a fucking retard. Ellis has total control over his WS line. That means he'll puck creators for the books. Remember NewUniversal? Gillen and Spurrier came on for the one shots because Ellis asked them to. Who do you think Ellis is going to pick? Some literal whos that DC suggests or people he has worked with in past? Even the artist on The Wild Storm was brought on board by Gillen's suggestion, not DC's. What I'm saying isn't really out of realm of possibility

Transmetropolitan
100 Bullets
Human Target
A History of Violence
Seaguy
Kid Eternity
Orbiter

wait, is there going to be a Gen13 rebirth?

How many came out during the British invasion era though? It's obvious Way's inspired by BI, not the later Vertigo stuff.

That wasn't one of the ones suggested in the original info release

Everything else he's ever done is a big scope Big 2 scifi epic?
He's only done 2 of those retard one was good, one was uneven and mostly bad.

dccomics.com/blog/2016/10/04/warren-ellis-wildstorm-universe-return-to-dc
No Gen 13. Most likely no Authority or Planetary as well.

Ugh...

Girl, Exterminators, 100%, Heavy Liquid, Beware The Creeper, Vinyl Underground, The Losers, I Die At Midnight, Kill Your Boyfriend, Hell Eternal, Get Jiro, Northlanders, DMZ, Trillium, Army@Love, 2020

>What I'm saying isn't really out of realm of possibility
Neither is Morrison writing something for it either. Also, Spurrier is rumored for this cosmic shit, not WS. Idiot.

>Neither is Morrison writing something for it either.
morrison has 3 dc ogns and said he's not interested in writing ongoings period, especially from the big two

Maybe we should use ComicBookDB.

He said that about 3 years ago though. And technically he wouldn't be writing big two since it's going to be kind of like an imprint so he won't have to deal with editors and deadlines will probably not be as tight, especially considering who's steering the ship.

Morrison's not going to write any ongoing for a long time buddy. And Spurrier on WS makes a lot more sense than a Sup Forums rumor.

Morrison already tried his hand with WS. No thanks.

I wouldn't really call that trying.

That was the most amount of fucks he could muster.

Well for one 2/4 books veing similar is not diverse, for another CC feels pretty Wayish to me. Definitely will give you MP though. But LoSh and these other titles would give us genre diversity.

>genrefaggotry
kys

He said genre, not gender.

>wanting a line to have a good spread of books to keep it healthy is genrefaggotry
No, you kill yourself. DC ks a business forst and foremost, the line has to be financially viable to exist. Expanding its reader base by expanding the genres is a good way to do this.
Also
>wants a line to only have one or two genres instead of it being open to all genres
>calls someone else a genre faggot
Seriously, do the gene pool a favor and kill yourself

>Gene Poole
NO MARVEL NO

Then what's the point?
Ellis is a faggot

>Hickman writing LOSH
Plz no

Part of the appeal of LOSH is the characters themselves and the soap operatic drama that follows them which is something Hickman is garbage at. The only way they should revive Legion is if they can use a time machine to pull Claremont and Simonson forward from the '80s to write/draw it.

>literally half isn't enough diversity

Sandman Mystery Theater is a noir

>wanting more Planetary
You are the faggot. Cassady sucks now and the story is over

>DC ks a business forst and foremost, the line has to be financially viable to exist. Expanding its reader base by expanding the genres is a good way to do this.
Then they should expand their main fucking line from generic fucking capes.

that's why his post is bullshit
nothing but capes sell when it comes to the big two

>Bleedig Cool originally reported it without attribution to Diamond
ftfy
Year Three will have a new writer.
>meanwhile, all those fuckig Doctor Who comic delays

nah

Cry Havoc's last issue was eons ago. He's only writing Dr who and some other series at boom right now

Morrison can already write anything he wants at DC. Why would editorial matter now?

Legion isn't LOSH

It's pretty obvious he meant LOSHOSHOSHOHSPSKJDFKÑJFLKLSVKLSLKFJEIJTP3I905732'05'TGKQÑAL

Y - The Last Man is so dark and occult... oh wait..

>Morrison and Moore friends

Are you from Earth 3 or the Bizarro universe?

would that be tom king's personal pitch? a new omega men ongoing?

>People (reddit specially) were just too blided by the sheer scope, stupid suspense and doomwank that they couldn't see the obvious issues in his Avengers run.
Sup Forums was hype as all hell when Secret Wars was just starting to come out.

lol sure dude

Hickman's talked about being a Legion fanboy so people want him on cause of that.

i don't cause it would suck. Legion's character stuff which is Hickman's biggest weakness

I'm confused are you saying new wave of DC cosmic with L.E.G.I.O.N. or LOSH?