Homework episode

>Homework episode
>"If a train leaves Chicago traveling at 100 mph and another train departs New York at 120 mph, when do they meet?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Lr5JS3fx97o
youtube.com/watch?v=Vqri4Lvf-4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. It's where do they meet
2. The answer is the scene of the crash

I never once encountered this question in school, yet media acts like it's the most common thing in the world.

They both get delayed because the freights have the priority over the tracks and as such it's impossible to meet

>person can't figure out some ridiculous made up equation
>"You forgot to carry the one!"

>episode with characters
>they do stuff

WHY DO THEY ALLOW THIS?!

How are you supposed to know where the trains are going.

They meet at the time they meet.

>science fair episode
>all but two of the characters make a baking soda volcano

>characters are taking a test
>some kind of joke about number 2 pencils

INFIDEL!

INFIDEL!

>science fair episode
>the kid with a volcano or potato battery wins

>bowling ball squared

This can be solved with Trigonometery but you need to know where they are going

OH? IS THIS A NUMBER 3 PENCIL? MY BAAAAAD

100t + 120t = 713
220t = 713
t = 3.2 hours

>Homework episode
>Silt is

What time did each train leave? Are they even travelling on lines that would allow them to meet at some point? Ordinarily rail networks are arranged so that trains travelling in opposite directions simply pass by each other.

>throwing in all these variables to sound smart for a basic elementary school question

youtu.be/Lr5JS3fx97o

The question as it stands is far too vague; there's no one "correct" answer. Otherwise I can just say "they will never meet because one train left 26 years ago" and nothing in the question contradicts that claim

English, poin Dexter!

>it's a "kid goes to their grandmothers house and is forced to eat liver and onions" episode

They never meet, they're both headed west.

Where did you get the 713 from, user? It's not in the word problem.

google
distance between chicago and new york

I've been looking for an animated episode of Nick Arcade with the original Nicktoons cast from the Nickelodeon cable launch. it was 1979, or close to it. Doug hadn't given birth to his younger sister Judy yet, but as we all know, he would within days of the episode. the games were green screen as was the style at the time. one was Sonic, that much I remember. there might have been a Resident Evil too, and of course Call of Duty.

Doug, as most celebrity guests were, was awful at the games. he constantly died and then would look at the camera and give a "Dear Journal" speech. somehow. he came in second to Ginger Foutley, which I was surprised to see considering she had killed herself a few years ago. beating a pregnant Doug was still an accomplishment, as Judy was also given a controller and their scores counted together.

since he lost, he was deleted from the show. as in, completely deleted. it was like when a film strip catches on fire. I was scared that he would be deleted from his own show as well, but luckily there were different animators and he did not disappear from Doug like he did Nick Arcade. it was quite haunting though, and I can still hear his screams when I close my eyes.

the animated Nick Arcades were hard to come by especially since most betamax players from that time were damaged in the nuclear war with the Soviet Union. still, I distinctly remember this episode and hope to see it again. I think Doug could have gotten more points in Sonic if he had used the spin dash.

You're not googling during a test, man.

No, but I can certainly ask the teacher why the question is missing a important variable.

I don't think there are any trains that go directly over Lake Michigan.

To solve this problem, we need to know what stations we're departing from and what rail lines we're taking.

you are for homework though, poin dexter

The distance between NYC and Chicago/220 gives you the time it takes for the two to meet.
Distance x 1/(distance/time) = time.

True. Though you just need to know the distance of the route and where each train is at at a given moment. If you assume they make the same time, and you know the distance is x miles, find they meet at a certain time and then look on the time chart to determine where each train is approx. at that time.

Or you could just look at the chart and determine the station at which the NYC outbound train hits after the Chicago outbound train. Since they NYC train is going faster, that can only happen after they've passed each other. The pass happens between that and the NYC trains's preceding station.

I think.

They don't meet.
Trains leaving New York have a majority of their cars and engines changed during a stop in Pittsburgh. It's not the same train when it leaves.
Also, most the trains leaving Chicago going east are held at Cleveland for a short while. Trains moving from Pittsburgh to Chicago take a line that bypasses Cleveland.
Get fucked.

I think the implication is that both trains leave at the exact same time.

There would probably be a map or something.

The only relevant answer is: "In a head-on collision."

We have had questions like that, but they involved other stuff such as submarines, planes or boats and took place in the three-dimensional space.

>talent show episode
>main characters form a band
optionally
>one of the characters ego gets big
>the band splits up
>they perform the play on the talent show without that member
>horrible performance
>member shows up to join anyways because muh friendship
>they win the talent show

What about when they don't reform the band and win with their originally planned talent?
optional
>The band doesn't reform and their originally planned talent wins 13th place out of 12.

>Kids put on rendition of a song from Godspell
>Everyone boos
>Weird kid summons a tornado which changes the course of a falling satellite
>Everyone cheers

Why is this allowed?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vqri4Lvf-4s

our parents had to suffer through that
and the kids a little older than us 90s kids had to suffer through this retarded thing called "new math"

Someone hasn't ridden the Lake Shore Limited.

>Science Fair Episode
>MC makes something that is clearly Super Science that any college would offer a scholarship for them to come
>Is passed off as mumbo jumbo non working bullshit

>"8th place isn't so bad."
>"Carl, there were only seven acts!"

This concept as a whole pisses me off about Jimmy Nutron.
>Jimmy is somehow forced to be in the same grade as other children his age, despite literally being a genius and being able to create products that he could get a fortune for, including a fucking time machine, a time control device, a hovercraft, and so on
>Finally gets accepted to college in one episode
>For some reason he NEEDS to live at the college and can't just live with his parents
>Said college is full of super-geniuses who are as smart as, if not smarter than Jimmy
>Gets kicked out of said college
>Goes back to his 4th grade class
I mean, a lot of shows like this (Fairly Odd Parents, pretty much any cartoon that involves a kid having powers) skimp out on logic, but still.

I meant to say mind control but I guess he made a time control device, too.

YEH

If 10% of men are gay, and 20% of men are Chinese, what are the odds that a man chosen at random spends his free time and meal time while on his knees?

>High School Science Fare
>Judge is a grade school teacher of the MC

>mfw I saw one of those questions in college math

For years I thought it was just bullshit cartoons writers made up, right next to giving nerds wedgies and hanging them from the flag pole.

Depends if he stops to see his ho.

That's what we call a variable.

>Characters in show are playing video games
>Button mashing

I was gonna say that too!

It's easier to animate and half the time they are shown playing a shitty pixel game on a decade old console that is probably so shitty that you half to button mash to be able to do anything.

Out of everything in cartoons you could possibly bitch about, you choose the one that isn't even an issue?

Isn't that pic from the episode where Doug and Skeeter make a comic together, then Roger calls them out on their characters being self-inserts?

Cringe was real.

This is obligatory for any Doug thread

excuse me

what the FUCK

there are so many fucking flaws and inconsistencies in this

if you were trying to do some creepypasta then you've fucking failed, shit like Blood Whistle and Sonic.exe are fucking Einstein and Thomas Jefferson compared to this illogical shitstain.

based roger

I love seeing the reactions to this whenever it gets posted, they're always the same.

>Said college is full of super-geniuses who are as smart as, if not smarter than Jimmy
>Gets kicked out of said college
>Goes back to his 4th grade class
If i remember right they weren't, they all have rocket backpack like Jimmy, but at the end of the day he prove that he was smarter than all of them he goes back to school, because he's not ready to college in a maturity level

>"According to my calculations"
>no calculations

>college in a maturity level
No such thing. I work ResLife for a University. There are grown ass men/women who piss in trash cans. Trash cans in the fucking laundry room. Don't even get me started on this new trend were you have to play music from your phone as loud as possible and refuse to use headphones.

>There are grown ass men/women who piss in trash cans. Trash cans in the fucking laundry room.

That's just one step above shitting in the streets.

Jimmy was just scared of getting his dick sucked for doing some chick's homework for her. Had to go back.

I encountered it middle school (thanks Florida education under Jeb Bush!)

Normally its suppose to give T=time along side Rate=Mph with the exact Space=destination.

>science fair episode
>comic relief character invents something like a perpetual motion machine or cold fusion
>everyone ignores it and eventually gets smashed

Impossible to determine with the given information.

I thought New Math was some 70's thing.

>listening to that Tom Lehrer song about it
>realize the method of subtraction he's mocking is what I was taught

My school explicitly prohibited this alongside solar system models because they weren't experiments.

>It's a middle-and/or-high-school-based series
>Main characters are bullied and tormented constantly by other students
>Teachers and faculty either ignore it or are in on it

Little elementary school me was terrified of middle and high school for fucking nothing.

>High school based series
>Protag is more or less the Fonzie of the school and actually fights the bully

>school series/episode
>no Penis Inspection Day, ever

>high school gym class
>students actually use the showers

My middle school's gym showers were actually locked off for storage purposes. Even in high school there was barely any time between students coming in and the next period for anyone to shower off.

Gross. I went to a shitty public school but we still used showers after gym.

In fact, I had my first gay experience there

>"public" school
>no rampant Dindus who are clearly just there so their parents can get a gubmint check

I'm guessing it was before deodorants were a thing because people didn't really smell after gym unless it was something like track day.

>that time Hugh used the time controlling remote control to force a woman to give birth multiple times

Off to the special needs class with you. Have fun with the electric wheelchair kids.

713 is a constant, dumbass

>third grade Science Fair
>lazy as fuck and only wanted to play video games and hang out with friends
>half ass it and made an electric magnet by wrapping steel paper clips around a pair of scissors wired to a AA battery
>literally 2 fucking minutes of work
>expecting to be shit on by teachers and science fair refs
>win third place, got a neat 30$ pen

There were volcano and potato/lemon battery submissions, I was surprised nobody tried what I did.

Is that for real something I could've done? I fucked up my whole college/highschool didn't I?

Until now, I had no idea you could make a shitty magnet like that.

>our parents had to suffer through that
>and the kids a little older than us 90s kids had to suffer through this retarded thing called "new math"
Neved really understood what that was, just that in grade school some of my teachers kept telling us our parents can help us with our homework and that was no such thing as new math it is all the same thing

I saw people shit in the sinks in the community dorm bathroom. Not even drunk people. they just refused to wait for a stall. Two janitors actually quit due to how fucking disgusting the bathrooms got.

I heard they brought Raimi onboard for that episode

>EWWW MEATLOAF episode

>one day I actually try it

It's not too bad.

Same with brussel sprouts, they're just overly salty

Cauliflower is fucking putrid though and yet the shows never pointed that out

Cauliflower is fucking amazing. If you want gross shit then eat macaroni and cheese.

Yeah mac and cheese is overrated with fucking basics, to boot

Spinach was always the king

>"new math"

>school was poor as fuck and could not afford to buy the "New Math" books
>so they never bothered teaching it

>street punks
>white guys

I feel like white urban poor have nearly gone extinct as a subgroup of white people

My school did too. I got around that rule by using propane instead of baking soda and vinegar .

>Same with brussel sprouts
It all depends on how you cook them
most people don't care about cooking things right so it's mostly just add heat and or water and or salt

>be in middle school
>hear a lot of shit about high school gym, how they work your ass off, the pacer, etc and get kind of scared cause I am way out of shape
>actually get to highschool
>gym is nothing but writing essays about the effects of exercise on the body and doing work packets
>find out after graduating that the reason we never actually did any exercise in gym was some fat fuck had a heart attack in class and his parents sued the school for making him run too hard
>was even on the news tho being the dumb kid I was I'd rather watch cartoons at the time

Never even knew a 16 year old could get a heart attack. The fat fuck was 4'9" and over 600lbs.