I'm kinda glad they decided to not make him just the mascot of the team, and that everyone treats him with some respect...

I'm kinda glad they decided to not make him just the mascot of the team, and that everyone treats him with some respect, and even admiration. I don't really know why this makes me so happy, but it does.

Other urls found in this thread:

lasertimepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/3267361-cosmismarvel.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I kind of envy people who still get enjoyment from these movies.

I know Marvel films have all been pretty lighthearted so far, and theyve been pretty good too but this trailer and doctor strange really make me think that these movies and future Marvel films will really just be Disney films but starring superheroes. Im sure theyll still be enjoyable but they'll be so obviously kid friendly and toyetic that its gonna be hard to ignore

Elaborate?

Quips. Every single semi serious scene, immediately getting interrupted with another joke.

Yeah, they're all kind of channeling the mainstream feel of comics in the 80's and early 90's. You get your joke characters, quips, and a fair amount of feelgood moments with the heroes in their civilian life.

I prefer that, but I can see how some people wouldn't.

I for one dislike the current DC movies since they seem to be channeling the late 90's flavor that I really disliked. But again, different tastes. Its nice that they're making both.

I really wish we'd get Tin-tin 2 though. Adventure comics are forgotten for adaption anymore.

>Well I didn't ask to get made!

Pleb here. What's a good entry point for Guardians comics or spin-offs?

Huh.

This might be the single most correct post in Sup Forums history.

Because raccoons are great.

This to a degree.

But not just quips after a scene, but like.. quiping at needless times.Marvel films started off with a balanced tone of fun but not too serious. There were quips but they werent intrusive.

So examples:
CW was great imo, enjoyed the hell out of it. But the quip after falcon and bucky fight spidey falcon says " i hate you" to bucky. That was really unnecessary, wasnt funny.

Then comes dr.strange.
Again, a decent movie, it was good. But there were a lot of quips, the worst offender was when the cape tugged at strange causing him to run in place for like 30 secs. That was really unnecessary.

So seeing the GotG2 trailer, seeing little itty bitty baby groot, Drax's scene at the end of the trailer, makes me worried theyre gonna keep escalating the jokes, and while the movies are enjoyable there will be moments of..ok..yea thats for the kids i get it.

I know the meme is Marvel always quips but i feel it was balanced. The films are intended to be fun. So theres gonna be jokes along with action,like any good action movie, but now some jokes seem really forced wheras before they were natural and flowed well.

I think its Disney's influence, theyre turning marvel films from aimed at pre teens to kids.

Die hards will see it no matter what, whether they pay for it or not is a different story.

>just the mascot of the team
That's Groot

I think 2016 broke me, personally. The souless assembly line feel these movies have and the endless bickering it generates here on this shithole kinda wore me down.

But I have to give credit to Gunn, he's the one doing the movie with literal who's but at least it's fucking colourful and bright. There's a semblance of a personality to these.

I agree to a point. I dont think its just an 80s comic vibe more as an action movie template. All good action movies have those qualities and for the most part Marvel follwed that template with its films.

As for DC, i think i follw you, DC going more extreme and dark in tone BUT 90s edge was cool and fun. DCEU really is more tryhard than anything. I think maybe Nolan films did 90s edge and did it right ( except for DKR)
They were serious in tone, visually and thematically but were fun and very cool. Nothing in the DCEU now except for MoS has any of those qualities.

Exactly, but it's not Rocket and that's the point

I wonder if at some point we'll get to see Halfworld and touch on Rocket's backstory

lasertimepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/3267361-cosmismarvel.jpg

I'm thinking of what to compare them to, and I think that the best comparison is that Marvel movies are like the Genosha Crisis, DC are like Vertigo titles.

Genosha had stakes, but even in a Nazi Germany expy the characters would stop and you'd have Boom-boom and Jubilee being catty towards each other and the whole thing starts with a summer vacation for the superheroes, with the major subplot being teenage romance. Not to mention that in the middle of the high stakes action in the climax, the villain is making puns and snarky remarks. Its still a good story regardless and thrives on the fact that its a superhero comic for teens.
I mean, for fucks sake, it had Warlock in it. Even Deadpool would never be as quippy as him, Sup Forums would have a conniption fit if they ever saw a faithful adaptation of something with him in it.

Vertigo titles were definitely not just for a more mature audience in the sense of there being violence, but also themes kids just plain weren't interested in. Questions of spirituality, exploring the depths of corruption within a man, morality with no right or wrong answer, and just trying to rationalize the supernatural alongside the factual. Not things most people liked, and their niche was the fact nobody else was doing it. I know I hated Preacher growing up after being so excited to read it beforehand, and never really cared for Watchmen, but I wasn't the target demographic nor was the majority of people out there.

Now that being said, I want to say that I really want a good adaptation both of Sandman and Genosha.

Because he's a qt when he's upset

>Again, a decent movie, it was good. But there were a lot of quips, the worst offender was when the cape tugged at strange causing him to run in place for like 30 secs. That was really unnecessary.
Yeah, the Coat of Levitation basically became Aladdin's flying carpet. That was a tad too silly.
And then it nearly murdered a guy

me too

Because you're a furry

He really is.

That was the potential of the DCEU, in exploring themes that maybe werent accessible for a casual audience.
I think MoS and how Nolan envisioned it as a first contact movie was a really cool way at going about a Superman movie, no other movie went that route. Too bad Snyder decided that first contact wasnt enough, so lets throw jesus in the background and have supes do the jesus christ pose in case people didnt get that Superman was supposed to be a jesus figure

They did it in the cartoon but they made a hash of it.

Well when the 90's ended comic books got pretentious as fuck.
I mean look at how fucking SERIOUS they are now with their insular little fandoms that barely leave their houses and keep collecting variant issues literally decades after the collector market collapsed.

I legitimately laughed when the shot went back to the carpet still strangling the guy after like 10 minutes.

i'm moderately confident some of the people working on that cartoon are furries/into weird shit.

the amount of macro and tentacle-esque stuff that got thrown in there was absurd, and rocket is 100% the mascot for that show.

Marvel eventually ruins everything, Gotg is dead to me.

Because you're gay for racoon dick

Read this, and literally nothing else. There's no harm in going to older stories, but they're not the Guardians you're looking for, and after this they got ruined by Bendis.

80s Rocket Raccoon mini-series is good if you want a weird children's story that has a Sam & Max cameo

come on, we can do better than this.

i want to hug the raccoon

No, I prefer Sale to Rocket.

Yeah well that's just like your opinion man

>and after this they got ruined by Bendis.

Elaborate.

it's just generally a bit gross now, writing went downhill

It's rocket but with boobs and an eyepatch :/, neither is the better option.

I think classic Star-Lord is truly awesome. Even with the hodgepodge of writers those nine issues are a wild ride and form the seed for practically everything that's great about the character. And that includes Gunn's depiction.

i want to HUG the raccoon

Just 'cause you're not interested in the 'coon poon doesn't mean I'm not.

I want that raccoon to fuck me

can rabies be an std

>the RA hasn't enforced quiet hours since the first week
>it's two in the morning
>people are having conversations in the echo chamber halls

fucking whoops, wrong tab

But Rocket is better with boobs and an eyepatch, user. Most characters are.

shut up furfag

Because he's set up as the archetypical cute mascot character but gets treated better than that, it's uplifting. It's literally an 'everything went better than expected' scenario.

I'm kinda glad that people as stupid as marveldrones still exist

I never saw the point of this move in Sly Cooper.

It hurts reading my trade for classic Star-Lord, knowing none of the unique stuff is around. No sentient ship, no flying, no element gun, no more sword battles...