So I'm guessing it will be Zootopia, Kubo, Moana, Finding Dory, and Your Name

So I'm guessing it will be Zootopia, Kubo, Moana, Finding Dory, and Your Name.

Does anyone beat Zootopia this year?

Zootopia
>The Message Movie

Kubo
>The Indie Darling

Moana
>It's Disney, Duh.

Finding Dory
>Big Money Earner and Hollywood's Pick.

>Your Name
Foreign Film Participation Medal Recipient.

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/definitive-proof-that-academy-voters-are-ignorant-about-animation-96680.html
twitter.com/thejaredbush/status/803836679425556480
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kubo is the most deserving winner. I assume the people who criticize the plot are plebs who never watch a movie that's not animated and intended for "adults".

Kubo was the only animated film I saw this year that I thought was an exceptional film beyond the animation. Which was also, in itself, the most impressive animation of the bunch. There's no argument for another winner.

>only animated film I saw
>Most deserving
Really?

Moana might win for being ethnically diverse even though there's only Polynesians in the film (don't tell Will Smith they're not black)

I honestly forget Finding Dory even exists sometimes, it didn't get nearly as much buzz on the internet as Zootopia and Moana

If it came down between Zootopia, Kubo, and Moana, I'd be happy with any choice

You know what a full stop is, right?

Sausage party. In there. Are you an Oscar Mayer weiner?

While I really don't think Sausage Party deserves to win or even really deserves a nomination, it would still be interesting to see an "adult" film just be considered, if only to make a few normies and plebs reconsider the potential of the medium.

Anomalisa was just nominated last year.

And I'd be willing to bet the majority of the academy members who saw it were the same animation department guys that had it nominated. If Sausage Party were nominated, at least a greater percentage of the voters outside of animation would know what it even is.

Dory or Moana will be nominated and one or the other will win

Zootopia won't even get nominated because Oscar voters don't have memories that extend that far back into the year and it isn't a movie Disney wants to win since they barely marketing it to begin with

The nominations are decided by actual animators
Who wins is up to the voters though

Right, which is why it will be down to Moana, Zootopia and Finding Dory. Between those three, I'm going to guess that Finding Dory will win because it's the one that the idiots who they pick as voters will recognize. They'll have heard of all three, but since Oscar voters don't give a shit about actually watching the movies they're supposed to vote for they're just going to go with the one that they remember most, and if they've even heard of Finding Nemo (which they probably have) they'll vote based solely on that.

As an aside, I'm actually rather surprised at how deep my genuine loathing for Oscar voters really is. Typing this out made me realize just how much I hate the people who vote for movies nominated for Oscars.

It will be Moana because it'll be the most recent one the judges' kids watched and otherwise because Disney, because who wants to watch animated movies, are you a retard or something? Now let me check the stock market on my cellphone cause I'm an adult with the creativity of a sea slug.

Zootopia will win. They'll just make some quick bad joke about animation and then speed through the nominees and the winner like they always do.

I'm assuming your talking Oscars. My list is pretty similar to yours:

Kubo and the Two Strings
Moana
The Red Turtle
Your Name.
Zootopia

The Red Turtle is both Ghibli and a huge indie darling, especially among the animation branch, who decides the nominees. I think Moana, Zootopia and Finding Dory are all vulnerable, but Finding Dory is definitely the most vulnerable. Zootopia should win if it gets nominated, but you never know. I just hope Moana doesn't win. Easily the weakest of the five.

I honestly don't understand the massive disrespect people have for animation. It's like they think just because it's not "real" that it has no value.

The Academy is still pissed that Beauty and the Beast almost beat all the live action stuff back in the early 90s.

Animation is seen as stupid bullshit for children
The "Saturday morning cartoon" stigma will never go away

Kubo deserves it but will get shafted.
Zootopia is likely, and I'd be okay with it since it was actually good on several levels.
Moana is much more likely than I'm happy with, it was decent enough but definitely not oscar-worthy.

Why does that extend to the populace, though? I mean, are people really so fucking stupid that they'll see the Academy taking measures to keep animation out of the Best Feature category that they'll just automatically treat animation like it's "lesser"?

I've noticed that as well, it seems like no matter how many steps are taken to show the world that animation can actually be something that adults can appreciate the general public will refuse to acknowledge animation as a worthwhile storytelling medium.

>I mean, are people really so fucking stupid that they'll see the Academy taking measures to keep animation out of the Best Feature category that they'll just automatically treat animation like it's "lesser"?
shit like this happens every day idiot

Normal people don't care or like animation.

Its the judges who have a prejudice. Go ahead, read some of these:

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/definitive-proof-that-academy-voters-are-ignorant-about-animation-96680.html

>are people really so fucking stupid that they'll see the commission on presidential debates taking measures to keep third party candidates out of the debates that they'll just automatically treat third party candidates like they're "lesser"?

People are fucking stupid.

I liked Zootopia more, but I want Kubo to win because Laika deserves a win. I'm tired of Disney winning all the fucking time

Kubo was one of the best films this year hands down, and it won't even manage to win for best animated film...

Man, fuck the Oscars.

>normies don't care or like animation

I think most people care about animation, even if it's mostly Disney and some anime. Most normal people, like my folks, don't seem to buy animation as an art form, weirdly enough.

Your Name was way better.

Isn't Your Name an anime that Sup Forums brought to life through meme magic?

Zootopia will probably win.
it made a ton of money, and was criticallyacclaimed. Not to mention made by Disney.(their name guarantees a win here)

Kubo has no shot at it.

Yes, and is by far the most successful anime film of the year with some of the best living animators who worked on it.

Zootopia was one of the top rated movies of 2016.
It will be up for animated movie of the year. Hell, I thought it had a shot to be up for movie of the year.

Well, by that I mean that most people don't hate animation enough to ignore it. Kinda hard to word it right.

Will having a canon gay couple improve Zootopia's chance at winning?

those two are voiced by the two directors of the movie

>since Oscar voters don't give a shit about actually watching the movies they're supposed to vote for

It still makes me laugh when I think of that one Frozen voter who said she hated animated movies so much that she left her child in the theater and waited outside for the film to end.

But they are also gay

I would have wanted Kubo to get (animated) movie of the year award, but the ending sucked balls, so Zootopia stays best of 2016.

>Finding Dory
>Big Money Earner and Hollywood's Pick.
I thought Zootopia made more money.

Finding Dory gets nominated because Pixar.

Well, one is in real life. The gazelle just seem to be typical roommates, though.

For its shitty marketing Zootopia definitely made more money. I personally believe that either it or Kubo are the most deserving of the award, considering i'm a huge hoer for stop animation and Zootopia's MUH WORLDBUILDING, MUH MESSAAGE has made it a big favourite for me. Also its the first fandom I've sort of settled into....I think I may have developed a problem

Nope
twitter.com/thejaredbush/status/803836679425556480