Actual Mega Man X comic never ever?

Actual Mega Man X comic never ever?

it's not fair bros ;_;

Ian wasted the book.
He spent half of it telling us shit everyone knows and building hype instead of making entertaining stories.

>Wanting to fuck your sister: the comic

>tfw it ends on a ritual sacrifice

>that issue with the teenage girls naked getting raped and killed then turned into robots

Brazilian Mega Man was kinda hardcore

>He spent half of it telling us shit everyone knows
It's a children's comic, chucklefuck. You think kids no the ins-and-outs of Mega Man lore?
'sides, it's a new universe anyway.
And pretty much everything after the first couple of arcs was GOAT. Spiritus Ex Machina, Blackout, the MM3 adaptation. It's just a pity that MM3 was kind of crippled by the coloring.

The author slipped a rant in the first issue about the comic book industry in Brazil, he recommends readers to buy original characters from local artists and not licensed comics since nobody wants to buy creator owned content so the creators have to work in these products for a living.

He admits making up the bullshit in the comic since he had not much to work with, for him Mega Man is just about a robot shooting through enemies in sidescrolling levels and that in video games plot doesn't matter so he made his own plot since the video game the comic is based on barely has one.

Huge capcomfag and mega man fan since I was a boy. Are those comics actually good?

What a faggot.

>It's a children's comic, chucklefuck.
I'm sure the children appreciated each boss being introduced individually and either talking about how they don't want to fight but have to or REALLY like fighting.

Twenty four times.

The best stuff came out when they weren't adapting games, because most of the game adaptations were Sonic: Genesis tier.

Don't worry user, it's just "on hiatus". ;)
Kill me.

Isn't this the comic where one of the writers actually tried to pull an editorial coup and replace the leads with his own female OC... only to get fired?

Yes

They're great. They give the cast real depth; Proto Man and Wily in particular benefit a lot. Track 'em down.
(Also, the first arc straight up cribs lyrics from The Message from Doctor Light for dialogue, if you're a Megas fan.)
Nah. MM3's characterisation and fights were good, particularly with the payoff in the decommissioning scene.
I agree that the best arcs were non-game, though.

Yes.

It's mostly good, but leans too heavily on fanservice and nudges instead of strong storytelling really. The game adaptations and "flash forward" issues are more like glorified excuses for pinups of your favorite Robot Masters while the arcs about Proto Man and the OCs are actually fun reads.

Stay the FUCK away from Dawn of X, though. It's a four issue dicktease, and not even a good one.

>MM3's characterisation and fights were good
It was okay, but not worth 8 months.

>particularly with the payoff in the decommissioning scene.
Which was almost 100% Quick Man. The others barely said or did shit during that exchange, which was disappointing.

Fun comic, I enjoyed it.

which megman do you like better? X or classic?

>Crossover with a bunch of Capcom and Sega characters
>Morrigan didn't show up
What is this madness?

They weren't allowed because tiddy.
No seriously.

Just have her cover chest with her wings when facing forward.

People give Flynn shit for the pacing but don't take into account
> editorial mandated 4-part arcs
> editorial mandated three crossovers and one anniversary issue
> Archie canceled the book to fund the relaunch of their main books

And for every person who says it was too reliant to the game formula, I see another foaming at the mouth they took any liberties at all.

It's a good book. It tried to be true to the source material, pay some lip service to the fans of the series and tell its own version of things. Your mileage may vary, but it's easily one of the most solid videogame books out there.

This. Nobody plays Mega Man for the story.

I do

I freakin loved just about every second of it especially the original stuff. Flynn taking fuckin Super Adventure Rockman and using it to explain Wily's ability to bring back "dead" bots as well as using it to foreshadow the GB games (or at least V) was incredible.

But the last issue was total shit, I hope one day Flynn does a "Lost Hedgehog Tales" for Mega Man

How many times has Zero died and got better?
Even assuming that Mode Z isn't him and an approximation.

>Comic about to ship Protoman with a robot grill
>Comic is immediatly shut down.

lel, Capcom keeping Blues pure for his fangirls.

I blame Paul.

All of it on Paul.

Not as many as Sigma.

"Ready for the real thing?!"

PREPARE TO BECOME SPACE DUST!
Are you ready for your final journey?

Have you seen the fanbase this shit attracts? You get a lot people bitching if you don't do these adaptions and crying if shit isn't 1:1 adaptions.

You're right the best shit was from all the OC stories and things involving the DONUTS. However the book would have been compared non stop to Pender/Brazil shit and Ian pitching for X green lights.

That's true for any fanbase when something gets an adaption. I know people that still say there has never been a good Spider-Man or Iron Man film but the only reason they give is "It's not 1:1 to the comics".

TREMBLE WITH TERROR, YOU ARE FINISHED!

THE BADDLE HAS JUSD BEGUN! JUSD DIE!
ZELLLLLLLO!!
I'LLSHOWYOUWHATATERRORISALLABOUT!

sigma ultron in infinite is gonna be the ultimate jobber isnt he?

I doubt he will ever be allowed to as that would be officially acknowledging the comic was cancelled, which Archie has went out of their way to not do.

Just get the Street Fighter VS Darkstalkers comic coming out soon.

>Udon
>soon

It'll be out by the end of the decade if we're lucky.

Why won't they? They aren't fooling anyone with this 'hiatus' crap.

>soon

Yeah, third week of December.

Because they don't want their name being mentioned in the list of Mega Man cancellations.

By putting it on hiatus until the license expires (which it hasn't yet as Archie is still doing Worlds Unite trades) they can then have people blame Capcom under the assumption the license renewal was too expensive.

Will there be a joke about Morrigan recognizing Ryu from her dimensional hopping fun, but Ryu doesn't know her because this is one that has never set foot outside of his world?

Man, fuck you Archie.

This is Udon Morrigan. She's never been in any crossovers either.

Isn't Archie studios in some deep shit now with their budget?

Supposedly Archie is always in shit with their budget.

Archie Sonic is selling worse than Mega Man was when they put it on "hiatus", Megadrive not withstanding.

And Fulop also pulled Archie and SEGA back to court. So Archie could conceivably lose the Sonic license at which point they will be pretty fucked.

>Archie Sonic is selling worse than Mega Man was when they put it on "hiatus"

Wow, was it the reboot?

Are they hemorrhaging money because a guy wanted to keep his enchiladas?

They lost a lot of money paying for that case, yeah.

Then more when licensed a bunch of Sega and Capcom characters for all of four issues.

And again when they failed that Kickstarter.

That shit was settled out of court. So while they lost a lot of money on that they are not loosing money on it now.

Basically Archie can't keep a fucking budget to save their life.

One of the reasons they settled the Penders case was because SEGA got tired of Archie's shit and basically said to either end or lose the license.

And now SEGA is back in court due to Archie. Oops.

So would they be best off just selling their assets and running?

Probably.

To be fair, at the time of Pender's shit Sega was busy buying Atlus. But now with this new case they've been called into, they're not the middle of buying anything.

Screw each and every one of them! Archie is shit and both Sonic and Megaman deserve better.

every time.

I miss dynamo

Classic.

>Megaman.EXE didn't get to be in the big crossovers due to licensing bullshit
Now there's a REAL crime against humanity.

Ian tried to adapt the series wrong. He made it about drama and not about action. There should have been a lot more clever use of weapons instead of just talking on the way in and a one-shot kill.

3 times during X alone, I believe. X1, X3 and X5 I think. Then after the retcon you might call his stasis until MMZ1 "death." And he certainly died once more during MMZ4

That at least works for Mega Man 2. Those robot masters all go down like little bitches if you have their weakness.
I'm talking 2-3 hits, here.

>editorial mandated 4-part arcs
Sonic Universe has this as well and doesn't drag nearly as much ass. The pacing is the writer's problem.

>editorial mandated three crossovers and one anniversary issue
Two of which were garbage, one of which you can't even excuse with "b-but editorial!"

>Archie canceled the book to fund the relaunch of their main books
Considering every book gets cancelled eventually, I don't see why this matters.

>And for every person who says it was too reliant to the game formula, I see another foaming at the mouth they took any liberties at all.
And you get people bitching when Spider-Man is/isn't single. People are gonna be like that. Regardless of how you feel, the strict adherence to game formula (to the point of using every stage no less) was to the detriment of the book.

>Your mileage may vary
Get out of here, TvTropes.
>it's easily one of the most solid videogame books out there.
Considering there are barely any Western video game comics and even fewer that try to become ongoings instead of limited series, that's not saying a lot.

His other mistake was going for MY DEEP LORE instead of character interaction. There's over 100 Robot Masters. You don't approach that by slowly introducing each one with vague characterization; you jump right the fuck in and endear the cast by having them bounce off each other. Powered Up and Proto Man's origin did it right, MM2 and 3 did it wrong.

It's for the best. Imagine Ian condensing the plot of a Battle Network game into four issues.

He could do it if he didn't try to recreate every scenario literally.

BN1 in particular would be pretty easy to adapt. One issue introduction that leads into Higsby, one issue about SciLabs that's a joint Ice/Elecman episode, one issue where the remaining WWW try to steal the element programs featuring Chaud, and a finale storming the WWW base and fighting the Life Virus.

Keep stuff like Stone, Bomb, Pharaoh, Bass etc for a followup arc, like they did with Powered Up.

Like he condensed Sonic Unleashed plot?

I wish Dynamo had more backstory, guy was interesting as hell.

X6 in general was interesting as hell.

Oo, shirtless Rock.

>Gate
>High Max
>Issoc
>Alia's backstory
>The Nightmare Virus

What a great setup.

>His other mistake was going for MY DEEP LORE instead of character interaction
And thinking he had all the time in the world to just adapt EVERY FUCKING THING too in that snail's pace.

In a market where mainstays like Spidey characters get cancelled back and forth that's way beyond naivétte.

The smart approach would have been to make the game adaptations as dense as possible and move through them quickly.

Having the 2bots launch one big assault would allow them to be characterized more thoroughly in fewer pages and open opportunities for more subplots and 1bot appearances. The entire decision to make 3 an 8-parter was assinine, and the fact that most of the best issues were spur-of-the-moment-filler is insane.

Like, he should't have copied Ariga, but his approach to the Robot Masters is the perfect way to introduce them without wasting entire issues on "This is my stage! Hi! I'm dead! Repeat!"

It was the 3 month hiatus they did to sell their new, hip Archie reboot.

A lot of shops just stopped carrying it.

Hitoshi Ariga managed to "retell" Mega Man's stories for kids and make it entertaining.

But hey, I wouldn't want to suggest your Lord And Savior Ian is anything other than perfect, right?

Hm. Karma.

No, just exceesingly stupid.

Even Gabrie, the worst editor the book ever had, knew better than to miss a month. They stiffed their freelancers, internal staff, wholesale customers and readers for a QUARTER YEAR with no warning or apology. That's fiscal suicide.

Ah well. Either way, good riddance.

just a quick bump

That's a kind of faithfulness I don't really need. Drawing out the fights would be better for the sake of the comic, I think. MAYBE with the exception of Bubble man. That'd make a good one-off joke.

that was X6

I vastly prefer Ariga's work, but Flynn is still good. For fuck's sake, Ariga adapted Megaman Soccer before Capcom even told him to.

X isn't as good as Classic anyway. Zero is the more interesting grimdark post-Classic series.

That's the difference between a fan and someone who finds the setting mildly interesting.

Even though Ian isn't a fan, I will credit him with how thorough his research was. His references were downright comprehensive. Referencing things like Bond Man, the lack of sliding in MM9 and 10, even some lesser known personality quirks of the robot masters from their archives in MMNB.

Some of it was too pandery.

>Gate will never return

Definitely. The "Green biker dude" comment came out of nowhere, and he wasn't even all that green.

>Gate got cucked by Sigma because lolfuckyou.
It hurts.

Pfft.

Want to really feel that dull, aching pain deep down in your gut?

I'd sure like to someone else try to tell the story, because the game didn't do a very good job.

The nightmare virus nonsense was all but completely unexplained in-game.

Now now, it's not a competition. Being fans of Megaman, we all lose.

Be honest. What did you like about him? He was just a yellow X. He didn't even act all that brilliant, we just had to rely on the game telling us he was.

MML is overrated and dated archaic junk. The only reason faggots bring it up? Muh pussy for masturbating waifus.

You might as well rag on all the games for being "dated."

And the waifu thing isn't even the biggest reason to get into it. It's a charming retro adventure, not dissimilar from the early 3D Zeldas. If you can't overcome the admittedly archaic control scheme to enjoy the games, you are the one missing out.

Literally everything except his design.

>Backstory of espionage and betrayal.
>Tries to incite the public directly.
>Studies Zero and the viruses in-depth.
>Comes up with a unique armor that can't be damaged directly.
>Creates a completely different dynamic for the game than Sigma/Doppler/X-Hunters did.

Hell, his default design is just Generic Reploid + Lab Coat. That's pretty interesting in and of itself. Gate is the antithesis of what most of the X series was going for, in that he was all about execution and 0% style.

DASH1 is a legit good ass game and deserves to be held up alongside the ranks of 2, 3, 9, X1, Battle Network, and Zero3.

Then again, I think X6 is the best PS1 X game, so I know my opinions aren't popular.

I feel like you're romanticizing the actual execution of these elements. That said, I don't especially hate him. I just don't see a need for him to ever return.

>And given the fantards don't shut up about wanting to fuck Tron Bonne, it's a good complaint.
Hating a game for the fanbase is never a good complaint.

I don't think he should return, and I'm not
I'm just saying Gate was a good ass antagonist and totally has more to him than his design, which is quick and sloppy because X6 is the most rushed game in the entire franchise. He's not deep, but he's got more going on than most of the characters in the series which is why people like him.