Honestly this movie is a good comics adaptation

Honestly this movie is a good comics adaptation.

And I do mean adaptation. It's not like other "comic book movies" that do "random blockbuster shit" with "random hero taken from a famous comic for audiance appeal".

It does a good job of putting to picture the kind of characterization, dialogue and action you get in super hero comics.
Even the out of place corny dialogues during action scenes in comic books.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/05/john-ostrander-loved-the-suicide-squad-movie/
comicmix.com/2016/08/07/john-ostrander-reviews-the-suicide-squad/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ikr. I felt it too.

>It's not like other "comic book movies" that do "random blockbuster shit"

Because that world-ending light shooting into the sky totally wasn't "blockbuster shit".

I had a lot of fun with this one and Ioved characters acting like sexual beings and not being a big deal.

Like, fuck, according to Marvel movies kissing once is the best and most adult romance they can think off

while Bruce Wayne has one night stands, nice!

comic books do that shit too.

Funny how all the complains about the movie are about really small details all the time.

>Boomer left the group
>Boomer is back to the group

>Scene that explain what the hell happened and what made he change his mind was scrapped on the editing process.

Sure, a really well made movie.

>And I do mean adaptation. It's not like other "comic book movies" that do "random blockbuster shit" with "random hero taken from a famous comic for audiance appeal".
>Light shooting up in the sky
>Villain is given next to no characterization or development whatsoever
>That goes for the majority of the cast
>Will Smith being Will Smith
>Insert POP SONGS every fucking second
>like comic books

Why do Hot Topic fags pretend to be comic book nerds?
>>comic books do that shit too.
Nope, that shit is very common in blockbusters and isn't remotely comic book centric

he is a boomerang, he comes back, its a joke. also where else was he gunna go?

>Liking WBs failed attempt at jumping on the stupid Guardians fad
If you're 14 maybe

Even the way the movie rolled out was like reading the TPB of a monthly series.
At least in the extended version I watched.

I don't know how you guys didn't see this. The whole movie was a comic book, do you even realize the little shit details you complain about are the same kind of shit details you complain in comics.

I still don't get why people compare SS to Guardians, normies ok, but people who read comics shouldn't take same wagon.

>>Light shooting up in the sky
>implying comics didn't invent the first light in the sky + big boss set up in CoIE

>>Villain is given next to no characterization or development whatsoever
>original Doomsday
>original Bizarro
>Shaggy Man
>implying enchantress' motivation of wanting to be free'd + having a brother wasnt already more than most MCU villains or even fucking Apocalypse.

>>That goes for the majority of the cast
>literally gives every character a motivation/want
>Boomer just wants money and to survive
>Harley wants some kind of connection since Joker keeps abandoning her
>Katana wants justice
>Deadshot wants to see/provide for his daughter
>Diablo wants to make up for his past
>Croc just wants to watch BET and to be a little human
>implying you can actually give me any motivations for the MCU GoTG characters

>>Insert POP SONGS every fucking second
>implying Piper didn't sing Queen in Countdown
>implying Superman didn't sing at Darkseid
>implying Top Ten isn't full of fake pop songs

read comics you fag

haha

Uh, with that giant beam of light that vanished into the giant portal in the sky? Really? To say nothing of it basically being your average, generic summer blockbuster otherwise.

The problem is that that's exactly what WB tried to do: make their own Guardians with the Suicide Squad. People who read comics know those two teams aren't even remotely alike, but WB wanted some of that sweet, sweet Guardians money and tried to force the Skwad into the same niche. Complete waste of what is actually a great concept.

>an ancient god witch and her brother try to take over the world and bring back an age of super magic

what other blockbusters have done that

see

>what other blockbusters have done that

AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS

so you gotta make it super vague to make it connect to other movies? kek, in that case all superhero movies are exactly the same.

>sweet sweet
Jesus Christ. You have to go back to re
eddit.

>ignoring the whole thing starting as a way to escape enslavement
>ignoring the whole Amanda Waller Hubris angle
>ignoring the possessing of normal citizens

sure all plots are the same when you ignore the particulars

>Lets form a team of criminals and ne'er-do-wells to stop the BBEG, they will initially hate each other and snark but eventually bond to defeat the threat that the Authorities just can't handle.
>Oh and let's attach classic 70's rock to it!

Gee I dunno.

hellboy 2

An ancient evil awakening is a tired trope onto itself.

Also, Hellboy 2 did that, sort of.

Oh fuck off.

The sad thing is, they had plenty of original ideas to work with and STILL managed to turn it into a generic blockbuster. Face it, it manages to hit the same tired notes as every other summer blockbuster.

Too many redeeming qualities for the squad

This.
They come off as a group of people who need a hug and a jobs program.
Most of DCEU's heroes seem like worse people.

Let's just make this a Hellboy 2 thread, it's obviously the better movie.

>The sad thing is, they had plenty of original ideas to work with and STILL managed to turn it into a generic blockbuster. Face it, it manages to hit the same tired notes as every other summer blockbuster.

I'm sorry but, can't the same be said about the Suicide Squad comics themselves regarding capeshit in general.

It sounds like you somehow expect the movie to reach the pantheon of movies while you wouldn't expect the same from the comics.

The comics are just pure fun comics, and this movie was as close to them as it could. You can't blame Suicide Squad for being Suicide Squad.

God, I hate this so much. The Skwad needed to be genuinely terrible, frightening people, not the underdogs that you root for.

>tfw Hellboy 3 fucking never

I second this motion.

But they are soft kind of criminals, none of them eats people, or burned down their own family, or anything like that.
GOTG is space opera instead of Escape from NY-like movie.
But Suicide Squad's songs are from 60's.
GotG are team of no-name noble heroes, when SS is team-up of (not necessary famous or popular, but) villain-individuals.

I really don't see anything similar. Honest.

Name a suicide squad comic that has the squad up against an evil spirit woman trying to take over the wrold

>dc fans will defend this

>God, I hate this so much. The Skwad needed to be genuinely terrible, frightening people, not the underdogs that you root for.

So, you hate the comics as well.

>I'm sorry but, can't the same be said about the Suicide Squad comics themselves regarding capeshit in general.
>The comics are just pure fun comics, and this movie was as close to them as it could. You can't blame Suicide Squad for being Suicide Squad.
What the fuck are you even on about? Ostrander's SS run wasn't "fun" in the conventional sense. It was dark, political (which the movie oddly was not, for some reason), and dealt with some pretty serious issues.

It was enjoyable.

comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/05/john-ostrander-loved-the-suicide-squad-movie/

Gamora and Drax are supposed to have been hardened killers in the past too, and like the Squad they do little besides beat people up and break property in the movie.

And the songs in SS range from '69 through the 70's to stuff like Superfreak in '81.
It's the same decade of music as GotG.

Suicide Squad is trying to be WB's GotG so bad that it hurts.

It was like watching a wacky comic book.

>BOOMERANG left the group
>BOOMERANG is back to the group

Are all Marvel fans as dumb as you?

And?

Also, if you bothered to read what he actually wrote here:

comicmix.com/2016/08/07/john-ostrander-reviews-the-suicide-squad/

You'd know that even he thought the movie could've been more political or dealt with more social issues. He also says that he found the movie to be too generic with its plot and its villain.

>failed

I guess Doctor Strange is a massive flop too then.

It would be smart if they kicked him out but he returned.

I don't. I felt it's exactly like Villain Avengers then GotG, and JL on trailer seems to be not-Avengers like film.

but he managed to do what you are incapable of doing, appreciating what it got right and enjoying it, instead of just saying "not muh." The fact that the creator you are pointing says he likes it, despite its short falls, says you are trying too hard to hate it.

Suicide Squad had rap in it though, while GotG was exclusively dad rock.

Also the Squad members were still killing and lootin and being general bastards throughout.

I thought it was okay, mostly because Deadshot and Harley were able to carry the movie.

That being said, the editing was especially terrible.

>Gamora and Drax are supposed to have been hardened killers in the past too, and like the Squad they do little besides beat people up and break property in the movie.

are they? they didnt kill anyone. And the Squad members are stabbing and shooting and lighting people on fire and stealing things throughout you dummy

I agree with this, but after the atrocious opening sequence it gets better (the editing I mean)

You say this as if Rap improves things.

I'm not "trying" to hate it in the least. I was extremely excited to see it and had a glimmer of hope within me that it'd be the first good DCEU movie. I ended up disappointed. Actually, even worse, I'm kinda apathetic about the movie. I just didn't care much about it. It's the one DCEU movie so far that had every reason to be good and they almost completely dropped the ball in my eyes. I gave it a chance. It didn't impress me, largely because it's kinda just your average summer blockbuster that awkwardly stumbled through the origins of a few of its lead characters, and tried desperately to capture the same audience that liked GotG.

>not liking rap

I'm just not enriched enough, culturally speaking.

>dad rock

Fear the samba dancer

>the squad is made up of a bunch of well known and established villains that Normies will recognize
This really bumbed me out, I was hoping for a team closer to Ostrander's run, rather than 2 characters and one scene and everything else was just lifted from New 52.

At least this movie forced DC to remember and reprint Ostrander's comics in collected volumes

but in SS they says: "We are the bad guys"

that's make the difference.

That woman completely out shined Harley Quinn, she just fucking knows how to move her body, though Swamp Witch was cooler than her final form, and far more sexy too. Probably one of the better parts of these whole movie.

All greentext and you didn't refute a single fucking point.

Squad fought Incubus who i think was trying to control the human world though Enchantress magic i think.

THeir first mission had them fight against a molten fire giant sent by darkseid as well.

Are you guys retarded? The point is that they left out the scene that shows WHY.

user, what does a boomerang do when it gets thrown?

This is not brilliant writing. Quit acting like it is.

just answer the question user.

what does a boomerang do when it gets thrown?

IT COMES BACK LMAO

GET IT? THAT'S WHAT BOOMERANGS DO LOL

It sure as fuck doesn't leace on its own

Boomer came back because he was unnable to find a way to scape, the bridges were destroyed, this was on the script, this was filmed.

You would STILL have your pun on it and it would make sense. Without it, its a plot hole by definition.

subtle, perfect.

>IT COMES BACK LMAO
>GET IT? THAT'S WHAT BOOMERANGS DO LOL

Exactly. Boomerangs come back.

the movie had bad pacing issue with the beginning taking up too much time and the middle being really rushed (where they bonded as a team)

I would probably have made it so that the prisoners mostly knew each other already (from being in the same prison and all). So its not like they were total strangers. (not all of them...boomerang wasn't from that jail)

Spent more in the middle building up them as a team making the pay off at the end stronger

(then again I would have made Joker the main bad guy and he was actually abusive towards Harley. Then at the end she has to decide to join Joker or with her team but blah blah blah she chooses the team because she has grown enough as a character to not deal with the joker being a jerk)

It was basically a fever dream version of a comic book movie. I enjoyed it even though It was obviously a hatchet job

None of the team seemed all that Mopey? Maybe El Diablo...you know, what with him murdering his family. It didn't seem out of place for the character.

>the film had old music
>its like GotG
Sometimes I wonder if Marvel Movie Fans watch any other films besides comic book flicks.

>Captain Pronin
fuck me that was some weird shit

Are you retarded? Is this a new Sup Forums meme?

Margot won in her category at the Critics Choice Awards.

I don't know what to think of critics anymore desu.

i mean critics are shit yada yada, but she's the only one who deserved it. Swinton phoned it in majorly and Gadot was only really engaging during the doomsday fight

Is there any chance that the Extended Cut makes this a competent film, like the Daredevil extended cut?

13 minutes? Yeah, nah, you need a lot more time than that to save this peice of garbage.

>but she's the only one who deserved it.
>SuicideAnon

Why exactly? Because she ran around in booty shorts and all the Normies wanted to dress up as her for Halloween? She wasn't all that speical, the woman playing Enchantress did a far better job than she did with her lack of lines, she just used body language instead and it was great.

anyone know any safe website i can watch this movie?

>body language
Is this a new meme?

It's actually really old.

Nope, I just like the way she was moving her body, whenever she was on screen she is what I was focused on because it looked so tantalizing, espically when she was all swamp witch like. Harley was just annoying.

the name doesn't come from the film, nor the comics.

because she gave the best performance?

I disagree, I felt her performance was very half asset because she knew, no matter how she acted or spoke, she would be the most popular character in the movie by default.