Shills

Why this board is suddenly OBSSESSED with shills?

>suddenly
Get out, newfag

What are you, a shill shill?

I'm here since the last 5 years.

It got insane the number of people calling others shills on Sup Forums on the last 4 weeks.

Are people really that stupid?

because anyone who disagrees with me cannot possibly hold that opinion, they are obviously being paid.
it is far more likely that there is a vast conspiracy than it is for me to be wrong
my 30 minutes of pondering in front of my computr screen amounts to far more than any other persons qualifications

It started on Sup Forums a couple of years ago. Everyone saying they liked a game gets called a marketer which them turned into shill, like publishers would be paying people to post on Sup Forums even 3 years after a game came out.

Does't help that people make ironic threads pretending to be marketers either.

Poe's law.
It started as a meme, but eventually actual retards started believing it was true.
Considering the reputation Sup Forums has with most of the internet, why the fuck would any corporation want anyone from here using their product?

The irony is that despite being anti-shill, Sup Forums fucking LOVES rec-fagging.

Fuckin' hypocrites.

Nobody really means anything they say therefore you never have to listen to them and can stay safe in your safe space echo chamber.

>Critics like thing you don't like
Shills
>Expressing popular opinion
Meme
>Like liberal thing
Virtue signaling sjw
>Like conservative thing
Alt-right drone

Follow these simple rules and you'll never have to engage with a descenting opion again

Sauce.

Because we let the SJWs take hold of it.

We need to reclaim what was ours.

>It got insane the number of people calling others shills on Sup Forums on the last 4 weeks.
Not really. It's definitely skyrocketed in the last couple of years, since Gamergate culture emerged.

Sup Forums is leaking out

Same reason the weekends are pure shit: crossboarders, companywarfags and trolls

You tell me, shill.

And why in such a small board as Sup Forums. I don't think there is any co thread with more than 100 different posters. It's wasted time and most of us steal the content anyway.

Every single person that posts here is a shill for something. If they say they're not a shill, they're lying. If they say they are a shill, they're lying about what they're shilling for.

Gentrification of Sup Forums and Sup Forums. As Sup Forums material becomes more susceptible to the common masses, it takes less effort to actually know what you're talking about to shitpost, and less effort for "unsavories" to take part in discussion.

This

Blame Sup Forums. Shill culture started with them.

It's even more stupid on here though. "You're story timing this comic for us? And you're giving us an upload link to download the latest episode of that one cartoon? All for free? SHILL! SHIILLLLL,"

You mean dissenting?
>grammar Nazi spelling fag

What? You like Marvel movies? Some of the most popular franchines of the last years? DISNEY CAN JUST BE PAYING YOU!

You don't have to get paid to be a useful idiot.

Its been building up for a while. The internet, and Sup Forums in particular, goes in cycles for this kind of shit.

Before it was shills, it was cucks.

Before it was cucks... I honestly forget what the go-to nonsense word of the day was. I'll probably remember it in an hour or something. I think it was ending literally every post with 'senpai' for no reason.

The point is, memes are flavor of the month. This time next year, anyone who uses the word 'shill' on Sup Forums will just be laughed at for using old stale memes.

buzzwords were a mistake.

>Before it was shills, it was cucks.
I'm pretty sure people were using "shill" before retarded cuck posting.

It's not sudden, only idiots can't grasp the concept that viral marketing occurs literally everywhere on the internet these days.

I think senpai is a recent thing. Emperor Hiro added word filters that changed the abbreviation for "to be honest" to senpai. I think "Cuck" and "Smh" were also filtered, but I don't remember what they changed to. For a while, SJW was filtred to "Spooky Scary Skeleton".

It's the latest and greatest ad hominem, If you disagree with me, you are just being payed to disagree with me therefore I am right.

because shills keep shilling

What is the most cucky insult on Sup Forums?