Live action Chew

Chew the comic is getting a live action starring
Steven Yeun, Felicia Day and David Tennant.
What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4r_cu7mPB4Y
avclub.com/article/david-tennant-joining-felicia-day-steven-yeun-comi-221132
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chew_(film)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OMG an actual redhead! Might turn out to be izombie competition

>Steven Yeun
Great
>David Tennant
Great
>Felicia Day
WHY

What the fuck is Chew, and how many pretentious indie hipsters are going to bitch at me for asking?

isn't chew that comic with reddit tier humor about a cannibal?

felicia day makes perfect sense

>Felicia Day and David Tennant.
Why these talentless hacks of all people?

Great to see Steven Yeun get more work, but that
s canceled out by Felicia Day getting more work. I'm largely indifferent to Tennant.

They want "Dr Who" fans

>Felicia Day

When will the Surgeon General publish the evidence supporting the role of Bad Casting as a carcinogen?

Happy as long as it doesn't swerve from its sense of humor and change shit drastically make it 'marketable'.

Which means I'll probably be unhappy but here's hoping.

I hate that shit show so much.

the same that would mock you for not knowing about a five-year old Image comic with a cyborg lucha libre-themed chicken

>Dr Who
You can always spot the newbs.

>Chew the comic is getting a live action
I've been hearing about this for years and yet it hasn't happened yet. On again. Off again

it's a comedic detective drama where people have food based powers and main character works for the FDA
if the show follows at least the broad strokes of the comic, a ban on eating chickens due to the avian flu will be the main plot line running through the story

Dr Who and Felicia will bring the Supernatural fans and Steven will bring the Walking Dead fans.
Tumblr are gonna cum their pants over this show

>live action
>not an Adult Swim cartoon

hmm I'm not sure live action will do this justice.

>it will be a procedural

>detective drama with food based powers
... How the fuck did this get publi
>Image
Ah. That's all I need to know.

>Live Action Chew
Pfft. That's never going to happen.

Loved the comic series and sad that it's finally over. Cautiously optimistic about the possibility of a live-action series though.

The main concern is not knowing what level of wackiness they'll be going with. My gut tells me they'll stick with the oddity of the first 10 issues. That's before it kind of became food power of the week. You had Tony with Savoy at the FDA and then the Chogs and Fruit on the island nation. Sets it up for a couple story arcs at least, and while it's weird, we're not quite yet at chocolate knives, cheese-mancers and living hamburgers and gingerbread men. I've got a feeling food powers may be a limited to mental things and absorbtion like Tony, and not so much CUH-RAY-ZEE turbo powers.

But you gotta have Poyo. If not on-screen turbo violence, then at least off-screen joke

>Sup Forums hates Chew now
Figures.

you gotta have chocolate knives, it's a pretty solid part of the story and it's not THAT off the wall

>Felicia Day

Can this rat-faced bitch die already? Jesus Christ, I wanted a Chew animated series, but I can't stand this cunt. Monkey's paw.

you're going to be seeing a lot of her in 2017.
She's got a lot of roles coming up

>Felecia Day
well I guess it's nice to know that I won't be adding this to my schedule

Bird flu is old news now.
Wonder how they'll change the premise.

How do you expect someone to react to what is essentially Law and Order: Foodons? Pardon me for noticing when something sounds a bit fucktarded.

>comics sound a bit fucktarded
>still spend his time on funny pages board

it's an indie comic, you are supposed to like it pleb

I actually hated Chew when I read it first.
The artist for it bitched at me on twitter because I said I didn't enjoy it. I didn't even @ him..he must just twitter search Chew
Now I know Felicia Day is going to be in the live action I hate it all even more

I browse Sup Forums in the vain hope I can find an decent conversation for once.

Fuck indie comics. Pretentious hipster crap.

Who's gonna play Antonelle? Olive? Savoy? Or mother fucking Poyo?

>twitter
why do you believe we care about your imaginary life among imaginary friends and a social score system instead of real life achievement?

>uses words like fucktarded
>expects decent conversation

who is tennant?

you lost me at felicia day. fuck that

Lou Tennant

tennant was never on supernatural. and i thought he was good in broadchurch

Ignore that guy. He obviously has some kind of grudge against Image. The majority still likes chew.

David Tennant was in Doctor Who and Felicia Day was in Supernatural. Both massive fandoms on tumblr..or used to be at least

Tennant is a great actor and is too good for a show like Chew

It's animated, not live action.

the purple guy from jessica jones

I mean who is he playing

sorry for being that guy, but is OP's real or a hypothetical scenerio?

anyway, would love to see who's going to play that cute.

>implying profanity precludes enjoyable thought-provoking conversation
Alas, my search continues.

Okay, seriously, stop using the word 'fun'. It doesn't fucking mean anything and is just a transparent label to justify any bit of stupid bullshit.
>Why are you climbing that street lamp?
>It's fun.
>Why are you pissing on that cop car?
>Why are you beating that child with a cat?
>IT'S FUN!!!!!!!
For fuck's sake, stop doing that. Use some actual detail as to why you like something. Goddamn.

OP here!
it's actually a real thing.
I'm pretty sure it was meant to come out in 2015 but it keeps getting pushed back because one of the writers or something died

It ended this year chucklefuck

What the fuck is google and how many of you oretnetious indie hipsters are gonna bitch at me for asking?

any sauce?
all i can find is that little fan made thing.
still cool tho

youtube.com/watch?v=4r_cu7mPB4Y

jesus, i thought that no-fun people were a meme but this guy's for real

oh my bad...I think it's actually going to be a movie now...didn't it used to be a tv show?
anyways here's some sources
avclub.com/article/david-tennant-joining-felicia-day-steven-yeun-comi-221132

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chew_(film)

Yes and no. The possible live action series was going to be through Showtime but got cancelled in 2013. There's been some rumblings since then that it's still going on in some form but nothing concrete.

The three OP mentions are contracted for an animated movie. Yeun as Tony Chu, Day as Amelia Mintz, and Tennant as Mason Savoy. This doesn't appear to be happening either but it hasn't been cancelled as far as I know.

Dipshit, 'fun' is just a buzzword. It doesn't actually mean anything.
>Why do you enjoy this?
>Because I enjoy it.
Do you see how that's fucking stupid? 'Fun' is circular logic.

It's not the profanity it's the merging of profane words as if they somehow make your point stronger through that merging. It's a pretty "fucktarded" way of getting your point accross.

Almost time to sell my issues of Chew?

Conversation about what? A rich pedo furry who assaults the homeless? A hick that can fling trucks with his pinky? Maybe an anthropomorphic rabbit who trolls people for a living?
Or lemme guess, mature comics and cartoons for mature adults such as your self? No silly unrealistic things.

Get a grip cheif.

>David Tennant
>talentless

Please go watch Broadchurch.

Felicia once pissed herself at Joss Whedon's house

fine, eight-year old Image comic

Start date is is irrelevant to the notability of a comic
Hell end date even is. Watchmen and DKR are 30 years old and talked about more than anything from this millenia. Playing cute with dates to try and undermine the quality and relevancy of the comic (which it's an Image comic not made by BKV no shit it's not very relevant) is such a faggot move. No one is saying this is the comic of the decade, were just asking you to not be foaming mouth mongoloid and use google rather than asking about it in this thread for the express purpose of responding negatively.
Tl;dr: you're a cock gobbling faggot, we all know exactly what you're doing, fuck off.

You are so unbelievably shit

Camels are notoriously hard to house train

Nah, do his Hamlet. No better crucible for a British actor than a Shakespeare.

>Glad they're using a real redhead
>Felicia Day

He is talentless. An overacting faggot who would never understand what actual, subtle acting is.
No U.

I was hoping Steven could get a role that wasn't a "We need to have an Asian male" character, but just having work is a win for Asian males these days

>Tennant
Perfect for this series considering how much the fuck chews scenery.

Original TV is either going to have a white lead or a lead where their race matters

Just a matter of numbers

>Felicia Day

It's already ruined.

Damn. You people need to calm down.

>Felicia Day
Fucking dropped

Tennant is playing Savoy. It's animated btw.