How do we improve him?

How do we improve him?

Sup Forums need not apply.

Give him a compelling villain?

Give him a compelling personality?

Kill him xD

I know this sounds crazy, to take such an iconic character and change him so drastically but hear me out - Make him white.

Give him a compelling story?

Give him a new writer?

Erase and start over. Or don't bother starting over.

We have enough Spider themed Marvel characters already.

Give him a compelling skin color?

delet bendis

Send him out of Manhattan entirely. Ms. Marvel has Jersey, maybe send him to one of the other parts of NYC? Or better yet, send him out of the state, to Atlanta, or Boston, or any of the other dozens of cities in the US.

Give him his own feel. Right now Miles is in a shitty position because there's this sense that the second that Marvel gets off their current SJW trend he'll go down into the abyss of history like all the other forgotten replacement minority kid heroes of years past. He needs his own flavor, his own feel that isn't just "Spider-Man". Trying to supplant Peter as "the real Spider-Man" is a shitty strategy because we all know it won't last for long.

So that means writing him differently from teen Peter. It means giving him different villains from teen Peter. It means creating a mythos and events and stories that don't directly relate to Peter Parker's legacy.

And that's what really at the end of the day separates the memorable characters from the forgettable characters. What are the stories you can tell with them?

he should have gone after Cassandra Lang

Give him an interesting girlfriend? I know Bendis can do that.

Nerf or complete erase the venom blast so that he can't one-shot his enemies anymore and so that there is some tension to his fights. Build up his supporting cast more, and come up with some decent villains (Ult!Prowler was actually fairly decent, for a start).

Give him a writer capable of giving him a compelling personality (aka not Bendis). Give him a writer who doesn't decompress his stories to death (again aka not Bendis).

If you're gonna make the hero a new guy, give him some new damn villains and stories. Otherwise you're really just doing a palette change.

Nerf the shit out of Venom Blast. Instead of being an interesting power that gives him a style of fighting divergent from Peter's it is an "I WIN" button. It trivialises any serious fight he gets into. When I read Mile's fights there is no sense of danger or suspense because we all know victory is just a touch away.

Of course, a good writer is by far the most important thing for any character

Bendis would give him his wife if he could.

Better writer. Rogue's gallery. Someone to actually play off outside of "off-hours"; a sidekick or a partner. (He's already a good and pretty funny straight man.)
That's a short list of things that could be done without changing his "niche", but that should probably be changed in order to make him feel less like discount Young Peter.

Make him a villain.
His powerset is too fucking OP to keep him as a good guy.
Nerfing him would only feel contrived.

>Completely get rid of his venom shock, which is not only overpowered but also just another "black superhero gets electricity powers" stereotype and create actual climax other than "touch bad guy save the day".
>
>Give him a much more compelling side cast to interact, resurrecting his mom was a good move.
>Give him a bigger rouge gallery.
>Move him to another city, Chicago, Boston or Atlanta.
>Get rid of Bendis.

good luck with that.

LMAO VENOM BLAST ruins that kind of stuff

Bendis can give him new MILF-girlfriend and write her like his wife. It would be more interesting than anything he did to the character

Give him another persona? Instead of Spiderman nÂș18?

I don't know, make him lose his powers and give him a new ones, a new proper costume, make him an actual character, doesn't matter if its a good character or a bad character, anything is better than just being a nigger mexican version of Spiderman.

>Send him out of Manhattan entirely. Ms. Marvel has Jersey, maybe send him to one of the other parts of NYC? Or better yet, send him out of the state, to Atlanta, or Boston, or any of the other dozens of cities in the US.
>Move him to another city, Chicago, Boston or Atlanta.
And because it'd be too contrived to have Ganke move with him, he'll have to stay in NYC and become part of Peter's supporting cast! SYNERGY!

Give him a robot villian

Give him some spider-themed bad guys, but they don't have spidey powers.

Recluse, Huntsman, Trapdoor

>fighting some new villain
>not too strong but not weak either
>webbing has limited his movement for a moment
>time to end this
>venom blast
>get punched through multiple walls

>turns out he can actually absorb electricity for a very short power boost
>venom blast only makes him stronger

It would probably work on a robot, because the zap destroys circuitry or some dumb shit.

I have an idea, powerlevels-wise
>villain who feeds on Venom Blast (and no, Bendis. If you're reading this, you can't fucking overload him with hitting him too much with VB)
>villain who has the Predator-vision going on so invisibility is not an option
>villain who is stronger, faster and more durable
>someone more skilled than Miles, preferably an ex-military or an expert martial artist
Essentially, give Miles what 616 Eddie Brock was to Peter.
Someone who outclasses him in every way and is pretty much paranoia fuel.

stop keeping him a fucking teenager

kill him off
oops, i applied you nigger loving faggot

Why is Marvel so bad at giving Miles or Kamala a decent rogues gallery?

Is there a single new character created in the last five years with a decent rogue gallery?
Taking established villains of other heroes doesn't count.

Decompression and crossovers/tie-ins making it worse, though Bendis also has a bad tendency to kill off villains with some actual promise. Hijinx and Becky from Ms. Marvel have potential as recurring villains, though.

It's easier for writers to have legacies inherit the rouges of their predecessors rather than to come up with some fresh adversaries for them to face. It's one of the reasons why so many people liked Terry since his enemies weren't just 1 for 1 rehashes of Bruce's rouges and became memorable in their own right.

Kill him and then immortalize him in everyone else's memory so every can forget how shitty he was when he was alive

Shitcan his series, because you won't get any new readers if the only thing you can do to bring in new readership is have him "Spider-Man, but black". Pair him up with Spidey in a mentor-pupil dynamic, so people who only read the main Spider book will get to know him. Give him some actual character, and make sure people actually like him.
You can make Spidey call him "Spider-Boy, Boy Spider".

Thats racist dude.

We really fucking do...

No-one a acknowledging it but this worse writing and pointless character shoving than the clone wars ever gave us.

>You can make Spidey call him "Spider-Boy, Boy Spider".
He's actually called Kid Arachnid

As much as I like volume 1 of Ms Marvel, it was decompressed as fuck. Miles, meanwhile, has Bendis going on.
Same problem goes for Robbie Reyes.

Peter already exist retard

I'd like to see the idea one user said in another thread: Having Peter, Kaine and Ben (now that he is revived) tutoring Miles to make him the ultimate Spider-Man

Miles is so far fucking down the rabbit hole that it is going to take a /complete/ make over to make the character good again. So let's start with that pesky venom touch. He finds that every time he uses it now he begins to feel just a bit wheezy. It gets worse and worse, but he ignores it. Till one day he wakes up with eight eyes. Going to seek help from the greatest scientific minds, he finds he's mutating into a spider-beast, shunned by society. He tries to still do what's right, but it gets harder and harder as people now fear him and he is being over come by his deep and intense hunger, which he eventually gives into and devours the criminals who dare prey at night. This causes a lot of needed conflict between him and the hero community. He could also be on the midnight sons.

This seems like something far more likely to happen to Kaine
It's also dumb

Not like Miles has anything to go off of in general. Might as well have /something/ happen to him to make him more interesting then continuing on this bland, background shit.

Give him villains and stories of his own. Stop making everything with him some grand event, and stop shoving in characters like Goldballs who clearly don't belong in the story.

That doesn't mean make his very existence suffering.

Why is Sup Forums's answer to "fix this shit character" always "make them a cute girl" or "ruin their life"?

>How do we fix this character guys?
>LETS TURN HIM INTO A GIANT FUCKING SPIDER.

But why?

Ive noticed a spike in Miles threads lately, is this a new form of shitposting?

Worked for Sam Alexander!
Well, the new Spider-Man movie is basically a Miles movie but with a white guy. That might have something to do with it.

Nah, this particular thread gets posted all the time

Sup Forums literally cannot stop talking about things it dislikes

I had the same idea in another thread
Because Miles has nothing going for him and has next to no problems so lets turn him into a fucking mutant.

>basically Miles but with a white guy
So Peter

Don't we already have enough mutants?

That's the worst way to "fix" a character, new Nova is acting like his life is so hard all the time but it doesn't make him good.

Make it so that's he's magically turned into a girl. Same personality mor or less but...

Starts wearing sexy outfits and finds him(her)self reluctantly falling for a guy. Make it a male villain for a bonus.

Because ruin his life would at least be something interesting to happen to the character. As it stands, there's nothing that sets him apart. It's just the same grounds we've treaded over and over and over and over again.

Define mutant
Does Nova have any right to bitch though? Frankly anything short of a complete overahaul on Miles is all I can think of

Pretty much, but what we've seen so far cribs a lot from Miles' first arc.

There's nothing inherently interesting about ruining a character's life, and being turned into a giant spider monster wouldn't even be new for a spider-hero.

>Does Nova have any right to bitch though?
Well, everyone hates him partly because he's a dumbass and partly for reasons beyond his control. Also, he got brain damage from fighting the Hulk.
At least he has his adoptive dad now.

Why bother?

By first arc you mean using a supporting character under a different name and thats about fucking it.
To be fair, theres hardly anything new about Miles to begin with

Ruin spider-Man's life is like 90% of Parker's deal.

By stealing his entire identity and giving it to Peter Parker

Oh wait

When Aunt May finally fucking dies I'll believe you

It's not stealing if they stole it from you first.

I always considered mutants as people who were born with powers, and people who got their powers in an accident (like Spidey or Hulk) as mutates. I thought this was the in universe explanation, but I could be wrong.

But Mattie is back as the mutate spider

Its a loose term, really I was referring to a general mutation of Miles spider genes and not the mutant x gene.

I remember when they first revealed the new Ultimate Spider-Man would be black everyone was worried he'd be this obnoxious ghetto kid...

...in retrospect that would've been way more interesting than what we got, he'd have an actual personality and honestly ghetto bantz and spidey mix quite well.

I'd love to see a more rebellious spidey that uses his powers to tag up sky scrapers and shit

No Venom Shock.

Take him away from Bendis and give him to someone good (i.e. not Waid or Slott, either).

There, fixed.