How the hell have we gotten this far into season 4 and not had one plot advancing episode

How the hell have we gotten this far into season 4 and not had one plot advancing episode

because this show is pretty bad man

because this was produced as the beginning of season 3 and it took a bit for season 2 to pick up as well. be patient, the plot is coming

>this far
Yeah, a whole TWO episodes.

Maybe CN wants Becky to pad the running time until they find something they can milk jewgold out of like Adventure Time?

If we don't get more Peridot episodes, out this I'm going to be rather mad

>This far into season 4.
>Ten episodes.

I mean, i would like another plot advancing episode soon. But i don't think it's THAT bad at the moment.

This show has never been about the background plot. Why did it take you 4 seasons to realize this?

CN is trying to kill it off but can't do it outright due to contract obligations with Sugar.
Its getting in the way of their new cash cow, TTGO

This.

There were 10 episodes between Hit the Diamond and Alone at Sea, where the next genuine threat came back and with it the general plot.

There are about 25 episodes each season, so the plot is going to advance again likely very soon. Right now, though, all the forces that could have been dealt with have been.
>Jasper is corrupted and bubbled
>the Rubies have been sent flying into space
>Peridot and Lapis are now friends of the gems
>the Cluster is taken care of

The next plot development is going to take a big twist, so don't fear silly plots and seemingly unimportant episodes. Peridot was introduced in a seemingly unimportant episode. Catch and Release was promoted as 'we get to see Steven's Bathroom'.

Plot is coming. Just be patient.

>110 episodes
>roughly 20 ep dedicated to plot
>be patient

Because you think only episodes with the gems/ space gems has anything to do with the plot.

If that's true, then why would they cocktease us with all the Diamond stuff to begin with?

Go ahead bro, paradot will never ever came out.

Dedicated to a plot. Not /the/ plot.

CN did stupid air schedule again, what the fuck is this channels problems.

I used to like how thing were paced in the first season, but I feel, that generally, the pacing has gotten worse ever since they juggled the main two (three?) plot points, Peridot, cluster, and Malachite, ever since that happened the pacing has been pretty shit and that show was left a bit unfocused and pretty disappointing.

It's possible the series is going through massive rewrites due to its popularity. Sucrose originally planned for a three-season run, but it looks like she's going to need to stretch it out or aggrandize it for much longer. There's no series if they resolve the Homeworld vs. Crystal Gems conflict.

>Sucrose originally planned for a three-season run
I think her three season plan is still on track, since CN were the ones that chopped season two in half and seem to have done the same to her original season three.

What was originally the second and third seasons were split in half because CN's scheduling department fucks with everyone. Now season 2 = 2 and 3, season 3 = 4 and 5.

I suspect interdepartmental antagonism because that's how big corps all operate in pursuit of the bottom line: have everyone fighting and fucking each other over to keep internal costs low without hurting profits for the top.

Steven Universe is a very viable property & has overtaken Adventure Time as their big Hot Topic/ThinkGeek/etc. property (it sells clothing & other product licensing rather than toys).

You're not saying anything that refutes my point. It really is how every big company operates internally, and it doesn't really matter how big or popular or award-winning a given show is; if someone else has an agenda, they can and will fuck over your work. Hell, Samurai Jack won a damned emmy and it still got shunted to weird viewing hours all the damned time back in the day.

I honestly don't see how major networks would fall from petty in-house squabbles. Well, at least not Steven Universe. And not from one SJW storyboarder. Cartoon Network is giving the series more air time than say Adventure Time.

How the hell have we gotten this far into season 4 and not had one good episode
ftfy