Okay Sup Forums what the fuck happened between Gwen Poole's and her parents?

Okay Sup Forums what the fuck happened between Gwen Poole's and her parents?

They were written by a hack.

She got sent to comic world?

She had a bad relationship with them or is severely depressed.

You've never heard someone say "The world would be a better place without me in it" before?

I mean why is it "for the best" that she never return

Have you actually read the series?

Gwen was probably just a disappointment. She is a comic fan afterall.

I feel like she might have done something really fucked up... like kill someone or something

>something really fucked up... like kill someone or something
the edge

>Have you actually read the series?
Man, I like Gwenpool, but "you just haven't read it!"-fags are the worst.
You're an idiot.

''this thing looks like a potatoe that was cursed with a face!''

''sleep deprivation made me laugh''

Fuck, is the whole book this cringey try hard with the humor?

I'd say that too. I wouldn't want my parents worrying about me and wondering where I went for the rest of there lives.

user, are you telling me you don't descend into dad humor the moment your woman pops one out?

>"you just haven't read it!"

This is how beta fags act, they run away from conflict and even delude themselves in any way possible just to feel right about their shitty tastes

That's what makes the story so shitty, taking away consequences from your actions literally with magic.

So Gwenpool does whatever the hell she wants and everything always goes right. No need to get a job, skills or anything, just be a girl.

What? Did you even read it

>Did you even read it

No user, I just somehow just made up this story that just so happens to perfectly describe the content of Gwenpool.

>Falls into comic book world.
>Starts kicking ass without training.
>Stumbles across bad guys.
>They want to hired her right away, be her mentor, etc.
>Friend dies.
>Nevermind, he comes back as a ghost and is the same thing.
>Goes to jail.
>Nevermind, one page later she is taken out, no effort.
>Her parents miss her!
>Let's just erase their memories with magic.

Am I missing something that is not ''Well, her feelings got hurt that one time!''

You didn't answer the question. Yes or no.

Not the same user, but I have a question for you.

are you a virgin, yes or no?

But she said that it was for the best that she not go back home on an earlier page before she knew Strange could make her parents forget her. OP's pic is a call back to that line.

No, user. You're reading way too much into it. She's from a normal Earth, meaning whatever it is, it's extremely mundane.

>Ted Poole
Hastings you cheeky lil fuck.

btfo lol

They supported her brother in his creation of Sup Forums.

I still think she's bipolar.

subtle

Don't you mean they supported her in his creation of Sup Forums? He finally did it. He finally got to be the little girl.

But at what cost?

But she took the memes too far.

I haven't read this issue, but why can't strange just open a portal to her home dimension, and then she can visit them and tell them where she's gone? Granted, they may not believe that, but the guy in the cape opening portals might help sell it a bit. Is it really kinder to rewrite yourself out of their reality?

She doesn't say not returning is for the best, she says being forgotten is for the best.

Worst case: she screwed up royally before dimension hopping
Best case: she gets on well with her family, but since she's stuck in 616, it's better for them to not realize they ever had her.

Strange says at the beginning that he can't get her back to her dimension.

I agree that she didn't kill anyone, but
>She's from a normal Earth, meaning whatever it is, it's extremely mundane.
You do realize murder/manslaughter happens on normal earths, right?

>She doesn't say not returning is for the best
Yes she does, on the page just before the one OP posted.

It's probably going to be something like:

-She's a shut in that didn't get good grades, or go to a good University (or flunked out of one)
-He fiancé/brother/best friend/etcc... died
-She was dying from aids/cancer/mysterious uncurable disease/etc...

And, since she loved the movies, she bought/pirated Marvel comics dating back to when they started publishing, and read all their shit.

When will it come up? When they're near cancellation and need the boost.

What Strange "can't do" seems to be suspiciously malleable to the plot of the books he guest stars in, seeing as one of Strange's key powers since pretty much forever is opening portals to any dimension or location he chooses. I hope they at least came up with a decent excuse for it.

I don't know nobody that's ever done no murderin'.

I stand corrected

see >we're in an outside space
Leaving 616 allowed them to locate her point of origin, but I guess they could only actually go there if they went directly from 616 instead of outside? I'm guessing here.

The only reason he helped her is because an acquantance passed her a magic ticket for a favour from Strange (and charged Gwen half a million dollars for it). He says that he's not opening dimensional portals because the scope of that favour is way beyond it.

>Leaving 616 allowed them to locate her point of origin, but I guess they could only actually go there if they went directly from 616 instead of outside? I'm guessing here.
If that's the explanation, and it looks like it is, that's a pretty poor one. Like I said, Strange has shown in the past, incredibly powerful abilities to traverse dimensions, even one's he's never been to, if he knows about them, and saying "Oh, I can't send you there, but I can completely rewrite a reality so that you never existed there," smacks of laziness, and the exact kind of "magic-works-as-the-plot-demands-it" writing I've come to dislike.

>Sitting in her room Gwen looks for direction in life when suddenly a scream is heard in her brother's room
>YOU'RE A BIG GUY!... FOR YOU

>That's it she thinks I shall become a meme

>The only reason he helped her is because an acquantance passed her a magic ticket for a favour from Strange
That's even dumber. Strange has traditionally helped out people in need, and tried to correct inter-dimensional shenanigans, so the idea that he wouldn't have an interest in getting someone who's already shown themselves to be a bit of a danger back to her own dimension makes no sense at all. Is Hastings really this much of a hack?

No, sure ain't!

>Is Hastings really this much of a hack?
yes.
But in his defense, I think the book was pushed on him.

My guess, though I seriously doubt that it's actually the case, is that GP suffered from serious depression, tried to kill herself, and in doing so wound up in the Marvel Universe.

bad writing user, your typical ''Strange can't do what he usually does here because that would ruin the plot and you will like it!''

>tries to kill herself
>coward
>gets rewarded with being transported into the comics that she loves
>she starts kicking ass the moment she arrives
>her parents are not suffering because of her thanks to random magic in about not about magic.
>nothing bad ever happens to her.

Not a mary sue, am I right?

She wanted to become an hero.

The whole point is making fun of comic book staples, like Gwenpool explaining to Batroc why he doesn't remember anything before he met captain america (he didnt exist and was just a bad french stereotype), or how comic police are completely incompetent so its not harmful to disable them for a day since capes stop all the robberies and such anyways

She explains to miles moraless how the kid who tried bombing the school was just an unresolved plot thread an editor brought up and reintroduced frI'm ultimates, and advocates just shooting the kid and moving on since he's not a main character, whether he lives or not he won't appear again anyways.

Miles knocks her out cold with one hit and accuses her of being dangerously insane, but he also can't explain how she knows his secret identity and tons of cosmic+ level knowledge. It ends with her crying webbed to a telephone pole trying to convince him she's not crazy.

It's actually well done and balanced the humor/absurdity of the premise with the fact that to THEM, it's not just a comic.

Also, it's not like she's some Mary sue hypercompetent hero. She loses every straight up fight and relies on guns at point blank range and explosives prepared in advance

didn't #9 come out this week? i can't find a scan anywhere

It didn't. She has a holiday special out tomorrow.

Thanks

apparently there was a problem with Marvel's calendar, it was showing last weeks dates for things coming out this week

you imply user has a woman

She's still suffering though. Mary Sues never suffer. Ere go, she's not a Mary Sue.

Flunked out of college/uni and is too much of a pussy to tell them.

Dad molested her. It's a common theme behind strippers

...I'd molest her.

Is Gwen a Beyonder?

I can forgive the shit about her kicking ass and getting out of jail, her whole reason for doing that is playing to stereo tytpes, so if she fills the role of cool assassin she gets to be one and not die. But I don't like how the friend is a ghost and they can just meme her parent's memories away. You could still let that be a thing, but I'dve prefered it if they had to get to her parents first, talking with them, that kind of hard decision.

>Yes, brother. I shall become a meme.