I feel like this is wrong, help me out Sup Forums

I feel like this is wrong, help me out Sup Forums.
Have there ever been other gay marvel characters who headlined their own book?

Why do you "faggots" care so much that a gay superhero has their own comic book that you'll probably never read anyways?

Yes.
Now help me out, because I'm just drawing a blank, have there ever been any straight characters headlining their own book?

Only limited series if you don't count bisexuals. Although this is pretty much guaranteed to be a stealth mini unless they've already decided to give it 12 issues regardless of sales.

Why does Marvel keep forgetting that THEY'VE ALREADY DONE THIS!?

Like said, not in ongoings.

Unless you count Moon Knight because he's CuHrAzEe

Wrong faggots, it's Tumblr and IGN

Because that was the test-case that met with a swift intolerant death during the Reagan '80s.

It only says headline 'a comic'. It doesn't specify the length of the run.

Goalpost shifting to sensationalize in this way is gross. I don't know why they'd want to do it intentionally. You'd think they'd hold all the times they already did it up with pride the way they are at this point.

Don't forget Harley Quinn.
I mean, I try to myself, but she's just too memorable.

Thanks. I can sue IGN and Snapchat for false advertising now

>Harley Quinn
>Marvel

At least look at the OP image famalam

Marvel, user. Marvel.
If were doing DC we can just pull out Midnighter and be done with it.

angela?

Or Batwoman, or Constantine

First gay lead at DC depends a lot on what you consider "DC" (and "gay")

I am still in denial about Iceman being ruined as a character. I was hoping it would quietly be ignored. I'm sure he'll be kissing his boyfriend on the first page of this comic.

We just had this thread. Fuck off.

Constantine is Bi. He likes both.

That why I said
>(and "gay")

I'm buying this just to spite Sup Forums

what part will he be kissing?

Lol not even the first to get gaywashed and THEN get a solo

Northstar was always gay, Shooter just didn't let the writers out him

The only reason this exists is because so many people were angry about how him coming out was handled, so now they're giving him a proper coming out story to set things right.

But now people bitch because he's only getting a story for being gay.

Same reason everyone talks about Carol being Captain Marvel as being somehow more progressive than when Monica Rambeau was.

>wow! A woman Captain Marvel! Finally!

Poor Monica.

Well if you're pulling out Bi and limiting to Marvel then what about Deadpool?

The only character that's gay that doesn't get hulabaloo for being gay is Midnighter, which proves the best way to write a gay character is to do it in stride

Barely anyone complained about how terrible it was. Certainly not enough to matter.
The negative reactions were drowned out by the "FOUNDING X-MAN REVEALED TO BE GAY" headlines.

And THAT is the reason this book exists.
Positive press.

Is the new midnighter any good?

I liked the ongoing a lot, but haven't checked out the new mini with Apollo yet.

Would the ongoing be a goodplace to check him out or have there been any must read runs

he was pretty good in Grayson

I wouldn't really know. That stuff was all from Wildstorm, and I've read almost zero WS books besides Planetary.

This version actually comes from the also-good Grayson series, but you'd be fine jumping straint into his solo book.

Dude, same shit with Bobby:
The original five X-Men were LGBTQ.
Jean was the lesbian/feminist/empowered female,
Bobby was insanely transparently obviously flaming gay,
Angel was an androgynous level of prettyboy,
Beast was a flamboyant crossdresser,
Cyclops was repressing an explosion of pink,
And poor Professor X was just an impotent dickhead.

Ellis/Hitch Stormwatch -> Ellis/Hitch Authority -> (Miller/Quitely Authority) -> Ennis/Sprouce Midnighter -> King/Seeley/Janin Grayson -> Orlando/Aco/others Midnighter

>Beast was a flamboyant crossdresser,
not seeing it

Northstar? More like Southgate.

I'd be more annoyed by the fact that, 400 years after his official coming out, he hasn't actually done anything with it while the younger one has gone out and spent some time learning not to be a spaghettilord while his friends do their own romantic stuff. It turns the whole thing into a labeling exercise.

Marvel needs more violently gay superheroe

Come now, he's always going on and on about his lingerie...

Cross dressing and simply being effeminate doesn't count.

For which ones?

A lot of people won't remember but Victoria Montesi from Darkhold is Marvel's first LGBT lead.

Darkhold predates the Northstar mini by two years

Good on you. Fucking darkhold, I can guarantee you marvel will never recognize the veracity of your statement.

Marvel likes to test the waters A LOT.
The "replace a superhero with a g-g-girl(!)" thing was done countless times over the years, each time they pushed the boundaries a little further and then waited to see if they were going too far.
These days they're pushing boundaries, a lot of them all at once, but if we could travel back to the '70s and read through the comic-stands from back then we would find the same boundaries being pushed, just more timidly.

Magneto's gay for Xavier, it's been a really messed up relationship, but it's not a bromance they have between them.
And Magneto sure counts as violent.

I find it kind of funny.

Most of the fear directed at the gays is out of "if I hang out with a gay it'll mean I'm gay!"

So displaying just how easily a longtime ladies man can suddenly become gay, really doesn't help to ease that paranoia.

Didn't he fuck Rogue or am I thinking of someone else?

>Didn't he fuck Rogue

Oh who hasn't?

>who hasn't?

Literally everyone, since she can't have sex without practically killing her partner.

Where does this insane headcanon come from?
Bobby has never had a relationship that wasn't a total mess.
Why? Because he was a closet-case from the very start.
He was never a womanizing one-night-stand hump'em-dump'em brojock.
The lie that he was has no basis in any comic.
If I'm wrong, by all means post the image of one of his many one-night-stands.

B-B-But B-Bobby was dating her in the movie!
D-Doesn't that prove that he's s-s-straight?

He was banging her in the Ultimate comics. But that's not canon.

So, this is only happening BECAUSE he's gay now, isn't it.

At this point she's like a Jean who uses dating instead of headcanonned feminism-motivated mindrapes.

Deadpool's only REALLY gay for spidey to be fair.

He was only vaguely dating her so they could do that thinly veiled coming out scene from the comics. A famous predatory homo like Singer wouldn't miss such a chance.

Civil War 2 is pretty gay.

Or maybe because he's the only original X-Man who has never had any major story revolve around him and recent events have created a nostalgia for the Original O5???????

The DC thread is that way ------->

Civil War 2 isn't DC.

No, it's because he's both underused and now they have something they can try to use for marketing. The O5 are what people who want to read the O5 read.

Nah, it's just a coincidence that they hired a gay writer to write a solo comic about a character who just recently came out as gay.

You sure? Because the big repeated-every-time complaint about the O5 is that they're not as good as the Original O5.

(it's also not this threads topic, despite your attempt to make some people's identity a pejorative)

I didn't call it a pejorative. It sounds like you decided on your own that being called gay is bad.

Well they're sure as shit not buying 50-year-old comics. No version of those characters in modern books has anything to do with how they originally were anyway. You either get the young ones who officially are them or the older ones who are half dead and entirely unrecognizable.

Yes, how dare they hire someone who might actually know what he's writing about instead of letting Bendis prove again how well he understands sexuality. As we know, no gay writer has ever written anything that wasn't 100% about being gay.

Even the 50-year-ago comics aren't what they're thinking about, over the years they built up this false narrative about what those comics were really like, nothing's going to measure up, the closest they can get is the characters they relate closest to those false memories.
But listening to them you would think these days Beast isn't behaving exactly like he always has, and he actually is.

Pretty much. My memory of the original X-men is that they were remarkably bland in the era before Claremont threw everything out and turned the thing into a cheesecake soap opera. The professor was more interesting due to occasionally being extremely fucked up.

I've been reading through them again and again these days and some things strike me as just bizarre:
Angel was a big action character on the team... WTF? They really wrote him as having a valuable and powerful mutant ability that made him a front-line combatant.
And some of the stories and even some dialog is being repeated in order of experience with the modern O5 versions. There's even an old issue where Hank loses faith in his capacity to reliably over-perform as a genius and considers leaving science to pursue other fields of study --- JUST like with modern-day O5 Hank's character development.
It's weird what they're doing compared to what they did.
(And FYI: Jean was always leading on every guy she could.)

It was a more innocent time where being a large, heavy bird apparently made you dangerous instead of an easy target.

Well not many people could fly back then. Now days everyone can fly or levitate without needing wings.

He's supposed to be really fast when he's flying.
But it is just bizarre, he even takes on a (small-ish) Sentinel by himself and knocks it down.
Meanwhile Bobby's doing things like making "ice javelins" and throwing hailstones and he's the Omega-level one.

Bobby has one of the textbook powers that suck until someone actually thinks about them. If Marvel characters weren't all afflicted with early-onset Alzheimer's, he'd have the Superman problem.
Warren was just someone who could punch tall things, so of course he descended into makeover hell.

While we're talking about Iceman. The Age of Apocalypse Iceman upon entering 616 immediately found himself as many whores as he possibly could in misc orgies. He was having such a good time that people were praising him as a hero attempting to repopulate the mutant race unlike Cyclops. So apparently you can Apocalypse the gay away?

Bobby even has that problem the worst since for as far as I can remember he's trained himself on his powers to actually show the crazy stuff he can do and immediately forgets even the most basic of things he can do by the time the next arc or writer comes around.

The first time he ever used his ice powers in public he froze a punk in solid ice.
( presumably he didn't kill that prick, but that's never actually said in the original story )
At one point he even makes Ice copies of himself, the same skill he's only recently realized he can do.
They could have had modern Bobby in just a few tweaks.

Apocalypse is not a liberating political force.
The thing you're forgetting is that living in the closet is an actual thing that oppressive, intolerant, violent, and hateful societies force upon people. The notion that Apocalypse's regime of propagating the fittest genes would allow Iceman to live openly as gay, and not internalize all that hate for himself, is nuts.
If I remember correctly, that AOA Bobby ended up choosing to die.
That's not sending anything away. That's torturing someone to death.

A) He was on the X-men's side/team in AOA so he didn't actually experience the oppressive part of the regime and could have been openly gay the whole time as an X-man.
B) The moment he left the eternal threat of said regime his first instinct was to find as many women to fuck as he possibly could which is the opposite of what any gay person would do when presenting themselves with hookers and blow.
C) How did you not recognize the sarcasm inherent to saying "Apparently you can Apocalypse the gay away."?

Your nonrebuttal to either of those points leaves me confused at how this was supposed to sway my opinion in any manner.

>If I remember correctly, that AOA Bobby ended up choosing to die.
AoA Nightcrawler melted him.

Keep pushing your hate-meme. It's one day going to make all your emotional issues go away.

The guy was an Omega mutant god, if Opioids and sex with women actually made him happy, then why did he let a Nightcrawler run him through?
You must be an idiot to think a world ruled by someone like Apocalypse is fun and safe to live in as an enemy of the state.
Why I can't recognize the "sarcasm" when YOU post the hate speech, as opposed to when someone else posts that same hatful, condescending, dismissive, derogatory mocking of a painful torment that people are living through right now, in real life, is simple:
THERE IS NO SARCASTIC TONE OF VOICE IN AN ONLINE POST!
So your "clever" sarcastic hate-speech that looked like something people post to hurt others was actually only hate-speech that people post to hurt others.
That's what you are, because that's what you've done.

He could make ice giant versions of himself do the fighting for him and meld with bodies of water becoming ethereal and untouchable, his powers were near limitless.
He died cornered in a furnace-room fighting a sword duel.
That was by choice.

This is boring. Fuck off.

Doesn't MAC get equal promo time?

Did she have a solo?
All I know of her is that she was in a short-lived teen-team book before the new Ultimates thing.

When will aliens write Superman?

Mr Sinister will collect Iceman's genetic material, with his butt.

>collect Iceman's genetic material, with his butt
They've made him so twinkish on the cover I'm pretty sure Bobby is a bottom in this.

Sure is /comblr/ in here.

IIRC the word of god is that Deadpool is pansexual and will fuck anything as it suits him.

Scott's officially dead and we lose a book slot for this, the dark days continue.

Hercules if he was depicted more like his greek mythological character would be thought to be a homosexual. One of the major reasons he's considered an aspect of masculinity was his healthy homosexual appetite which was seen as incredibly macho by the greeks and Greekaboos... erm... Romans.

Most of the few girls he did sleep with tended to end up dead though so...

Nuh uh, when Cyclops dies, peace and prosperity will be laid upon X-books.
Oh, CBR. Continue being shitshow that you are.

AFAIK she's getting one too

I think part of that is because he started out as a one note Edgy Gay Batman joke. Not calling attention to that fact means no back patting themselves for progressiveness.