Legend of the Seven Swords

Rainbow Cat & Blue Rabbit: Legend of the seven swords.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88288946/
(Yes we need subs, BADLY)

A heavy action-packed cartoon series with all the Bruce Lee cliches you've come to love, yes including magical powers and over the top flying kung-fu fights with excessively annoying fighting sounds. Legend of the Seven Swords features scenes with blood, pill drugs, flute mind control, death. Featuring characters with agendas and excuses so mind bogglingly cliche and weird to say the least that you'll be feeling right at home with this animated series paying homage to all the old chinese martial arts movies.
(The main-main character is Honmao, the orange cat), the other main character next to him is Lantu, the blue bunny.
The rest I'll explain them later.

(Just 2 episodes subbed, I don't think even Kisscartoon had these subbed, let alone dubbed)
youtube.com/watch?v=1vYW6XXBGzg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRsAM375waM
Behind the Scenes in 5 parts.
youtube.com/watch?v=OO9Ab0mGVtQ

(Season 1)
youtube.com/watch?list=PLObpOEBMnPJ0Wkon1rqsW-7TqpjyMPuLc¶ms=OAFIAVhU&v=BlZOM88yL8w&mode=NORMAL

(The entire franchise and 4 seasons of LSS)
youtube.com/channel/UCws-xTdOHkytAHWUOdgfq7Q/playlists

Oh and it got a theatrical release in 2010.
虹猫蓝兔火凤凰

Other urls found in this thread:

tieba.baidu.com/p/1637356487?lp=9002
youtube.com/watch?v=G28fMshQAhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=prGK2fMPz-A
boards.Sup
hongmao.deviantart.com/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLObpOEBMnPJ0Wkon1rqsW-7TqpjyMPuLc
pastebin.com/LmJmb8Qs
pastebin.com/2n9qc3zV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

either your webm is shit or the animation is shit, shill

Your brain will be weirded out and disgusted by how much they could get away with. To the point that even chinese parents complained when there was an entire episode about the main character slitting her wrists to feed her blood to a flower, yes that happened. Blood for the blood god. (Episode 43)
(I guess that was just too much even for a race of people who have roasted cats and dogs for dinner)

Meet Honmao(the orange cat), Lantu(the blue bunny), Ben(the white bear). Then comes Jumper(the monkey), the 2 tigers/brown teddy bear things, the pig, the blue bull with axes(they're villains). But the monkey later becomes a reformed hero(which doesn't die) Ma Saaniang(the horse, yes the hippo-pig looking thing dressed in purple). Note that she's a villain, the equivalent of Starscream).
Oh and for the love of God, I hope your waifu isn't the purple squirrel (Sally). My condolences to your feelings then... and your hopes and dreams for her as a character. For some reason she really received the short end of the stick in each season of Legend of the Seven Swordsmen.

If any chinese translator wants to give it a go, then here's some scripts for the episodes:
tieba.baidu.com/p/1637356487?lp=9002

What's fucking annoying is that 1 year ago we did have the entire episodes subbed. But just like DreamStar Button Nose they mysteriously disappeared.

It's a bizarre as fuck show even for China's standards.

It feels like Freedom Planet meets Squirrel and Hedgehog.
It sounds like Happy Tree Friends and Sonic SatAm masturbating together.
It feels like Care Bears practicing their Redwall drama play.
It looks like the chibi version of Dust Elysian Tail.
It feels like a fucking Newgrounds webseries.

Beyond the fighting scenes and weird Flash-looking animation with 3D animation thrown in, they decided for some reason to add blood, a lot of it. Strawberry juice-looking blood too.

Originally it was indeed a comedy show meant for children, but because of China's obsession with mass commercializing everything like another company we know(Hasbro) they ended up keeping these lovable comedy children's characters and after just 1 year sending them into an edgy drama-filled action show, despite China and Japan still sucking ass at handling mature themes in a mature manner.
Despite the fact after 3 seasons and a movie the original lovable characters end up getting replaced by Deviantart-tier anime OCs.

You want this character? You wanna make her your favourite character? You want to see this purple squirrel fighting alongside the cat and bunny? You wanna wanna? Well fuck you, she can't.

In season 1 she gets mind controlled, not even as a Darth Vader, but as a zombie henchman.
In season 2 she gets stuck in a purple magical bubble for the entire season.
In season 3 all the mains start appearing less in favor of the new toy characters being shoved down your throat.
And in season 4 the show gets cancelled.

I appreciate the effort, but I believe the other thread got deleted. It had the bumps to survive the night. I really feel that this show is something special, but it's always been a crapshoot to discuss Chinese animation on Sup Forums. It belongs here, but some people just adamantly believe it's anime.

I love the parts they had going there with the touchy soundtrack, for example when the bunny is healing the cat, I think the show could have been more artistic and mature if somebody was there to edit the scripts for more character development and to remove all the shitty gags and jokes out. The manlet pig's constant salivating over the bunny is kind of sexual and the heart eyes throw me off when coupled with the level of violence this show is going for.

Then again the main problem with the show is being animated in what looks like Flash, the characters simply don't show an enough variety of expressions. It feels cheaper than 80s budgeted toy cartoons.

I really wonder if Dreamworks could pull off something like this without cringing at their own scripts.

We're not getting that 2D animated Kung Fu Panda tv series anytime soon. Guess an actual cartoon produced in China will have to do.

>She's not into pussies, she's only into long, thick swords.

Is it me or the main villain's henchmen don't give a single fuck about his plan to conquer the world? All 3 of them seem to be doing their own shit with their own agenda.

i made an overly complex equation based on your post. took me over a googleplex hours in ms paint to complete

Is there any english translation?

Can you even read the OP?

No, what does it say?

The Chinese studio who owns the rights uploaded all of the episodes, in Chinese, onto YouTube earlier this year. April, I believe.

There used to be a lot of English subtitled videos on YouTube. They were removed earlier this year.

It's likely they got the episodes removed, or maybe the user removed it themselves. I don't know how many episodes were subtitled. I doubt it was the entire first season. But all we've managed to find are two.

The YouTube links are somewhere in the OP.

I still contend that the comedy series is, in some ways, more enjoyable on a consistent basis than the dramatic series.

Too bad, even if the chinese translation in tv are altavista tier most of the times
In any case, fansub seems improbable.

They're rebooted the franchise several times since the last original season in 2010. In this one from 2012, the cat and rabbit go into a dream world to fight nightmares.

>0:06

Does anyone have the whipping and horse death scenes on hand or know which episodes they appear in?

Episode 30 for this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=G28fMshQAhQ

Episode 37 for this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=prGK2fMPz-A

>6:16

Shitting Christ

>bruises going off character model
Not THAT'S lazy

The Chinese animation industry wasn't great in 2006. Hell, it's not great now. They did fairly well considering the resources and talent that they had.

The plot isn't very intriguing and 108 episodes per season is overkill. So far the only thing that grabbed me was the violence, blood, torture fighting sequences oh and that purple squirrel who gets drugged and insanely shat on even for a cartoon character.
Aside from shock-matrial and flash action I don't see this show oferring much.

It's inherently difficult to get a feel for the plot without speaking the language. We think we know, but we just don't know. We could have large parts of the plot completely wrong.

What's in these pills that she was forced to keep taking?

This was over twenty episodes. She nearly died and had to go through one hell of a ritual to get cured, and even then, she was depressed to the point of trying to commit suicide twice.

I still don't understand jackshit from this. Why is Sanniang ocassionaly helping them against the main big bad? Why did she stab the bear's horse and only came at the end?

Starscream trying to steal the throne from Megatron so she joins the autobots? But has to kill and replace one of the good guys?
But if she worked for the big bad previously then why didn't Megatron kill her the moment she seemingly was caught helping the good guys?

I probably should keep these questions for when we actually get a translation for this series.

Thank you!

>When

I admire your optimism.

Now I see what the chinese parents were complaining about the sexual stuff in it.

Whgat the hell happened to the old thread?

It was deleted. It's something I've learned from my Beijing Opera Cats threads. Chinese animation isn't always welcome on Sup Forums. It's not anime, and Sup Forums wouldn't welcome it on their board. So we're stuck with Sup Forums and /trash/, and both have threads. The Sup Forums thread was by far more popular.

I only kept the other thread alive because I figured it was only a matter of time before we got shot down here.

I would have bumped, but there were just 50 posts left in it before the bump limit and the one way trip to page 11. Plus I got busy watching The Last Airbender again. It got deleted in under 2 hours.

It wasn't a lack of discussion that killed it. It was deleted. It's why there isn't even a copy of the thread saved in the archive.

boards.Sup Forums.org/co/archive

I meant the one with 400+ posts which was around for days, it was clean and perfectly shitpost-free, that's why I don't get why it was deleted.

So is the squirrel suppose to be a little arrogant and shallow in her personality compared to the bunny? Or the constant on/off screentime doesn't let her personality really shine in any way?

The wiki lists her trait as self-confidence. She certainly has a certain smugness about her in some scenes, but I don't think she's full-on haughty. She cares very much about her friends and goes to great lengths to help them, so she doesn't view others as beneath her.

She also loves to drink wine as much as the bear does. Not relevant, but good to know.

I feel like a god-damn shitty ass detective. The guy who uploaded the English subtitled episodes, notanymike, has a bad habit of vanishing like a fart in the wind. He's been trying to get the show subbed for years and has posted on various forums under various usernames. This deviantart is his. It looks like it's been abandoned for years as well.

hongmao.deviantart.com/

He probably still has the episodes, somewhere. Been sending him private messages and posting on forums on the off-chance he gets an e-mail notification and comes back from the dead.

What would compel somebody to work so hard to get something made, and then remove them?

It's important to note that he probably only had a dozen episodes subbed. None of his posts imply he's had a lot of progress with his efforts. Considering we only have two at the moment, it may be worth looking into further.

One last note, but if that guy couldn't get the subs made, and he spent literal years crawling around the ass-end of the internet making threads on any forum he could possibly imagine - then chances are the show will never get fully subbed.

We're not miracle workers.

Against my better judgment, a bump at death's doorstep.

How desperate are you for subs? I don't know Mandarin, but I can read/write Japanese so I can transcribe Chinese characters (hanzi).

I'd settle for Google translate tier. The episodes have Chinese subtitles - if I could copy and paste them into Google, I literally would. I know accurate translations are needed, but at this point, we're kind of boned.

I don't really understand why you're so obsessed with this cartoon, but here's a transcription of the subtitles from 0:00 to 0:23 from . It kinda takes a lot of time, so I'm not sure if I'd continue doing this given the low interest this has.

莎丽 我们带着他们去找蓝兔
过瘾啊
不会出问题吧
怕什么
他们不过崇拜蓝兔而已
可是我总觉得有点不对劲啊
有什么不对劲 快说
我也说不清楚
万一他们要对蓝兔不利
怎么办哪
虹猫临走前
把蓝兔交给我们

It had a 400 reply thread and 60+ posters before the thread got deleted. Can't do much about that.

Thanks for trying.

Bump.

Not sure that was necessary, but hey, have some terrible news. They're "rebooting" the franchise next year. It will be called 虹猫蓝兔七侠外传 - and its title directly references the seven swords series. Thing is, the only recurring character from the original that I see listed is Jumping, the stupid fucking monkey.

I'd love to hold out hope and think the other characters will return as well, but that's a lot of new characters in this banner. They're probably the new swordsmen. Fucking assholes.

I'll need to dig deeper, but I have my doubts. This is after years of preschool animation and shows about mermaids. I doubt it will carry any emotional weight.

And I do know the tiger and the pig are on the banner. They're villains, so that's one thing. But the fox? Whatever that girl on the right is? I don't know.

In a communist society, I thought embarrassing the state was punishable. Pretty sure some people need to be executed for this offense. Even the Chinese comments in response to the video are all hating on the style, and some believe that the actual series will be animated by the same studio as the original, with this merely being some sort of concept test.

If they try to put something like this on television, the series will have no respect left.

It's supposed to be a prequel, from what I've gathered. The story revolves heavily around the monkey, which I can sort of understand, since he did all of jack shit in any show to date.

But until I see proof to the contrary, this series belongs in a garbage can.

I swear that I've seen goanimate videos with more fluid motion than this crap.

There's also this, from what they call "Trailer 1", but it's intentionally stylized as to not have much movement. I think. I'm inclined to believe these are the legendary swordsmen from when the cat's grandfather had the blade. You can see a dog, a bear, a panda, a rabbit and a cat. Cat is white, so it matches his grandpa.

Can't get a good look on if there's a monkey or squirrel. I see something purple briefly in the back of the flying sword attack, but it's too obscured.

Holy fuck that looks terrible.
I would have no problem if they developed the monkey because he's probably one of the flatest characters on the show but the animation goddamn.....all around terrible.

Those trailers were from June. It's doubtful, but maybe the actual show will look better. Sadly, if there's one thing I've proven, it's that I'll gladly crawl through shit for a character I like. I ended up going through every episode of that 2005 flash cartoon to see more of Sally. If she were in it, I'd at least care enough about the show to watch it.

It'll probably be half-a-year until it premieres. Chinese cartoons seem to prefer summer, based on what I've seen.

Huh. Forgot that Zootopia was crazy big in China.

Are those all the cards?

I don't think so. The translation had him saying he almost had them all. I don't even know if they're just purely collectible or if there is an actual card game to play. But the show had a ton of merch in China. I'd buy the Sally plush if I could find it.

Fuck I remember this
>still no subs

Missed this episode my first time through the comedy show.

Why'd it get killed?

Where are these coming from? China? I know China loved Zootopia. Imagine, a whole country of furries.

Just had a thought. What if the success of Zooptopia in China was because of this show?

These's a lot of Chinese fan art, usually posted on weibo, which is essentially twitter and facebook combined in a neat, government approves and heavily censored package.

The Chinese really aren't any different than us. On this fan forum I've been looking at, most people are writing fanfics, some are drawing art, and there are several threads dedicated to discussing who the most beautiful girl in the show is. Most like the rabbit, but the squirrel is putting up a strong fight.

Google translate isn't perfect, but it does give me the gist of what they're saying.

so a whole country of furries

A lot of them like drawing the characters as humans.

real talk, why didn't this play in the US? The show was popular and made a lot of money is China. Wouldn't Americans want in on the action. It feels like a Cartoon Network show

So how do the characters know each other? Are Sally and Honmao childhood friends? What about the dragon he rides? Why are they on this quest in the first place?

Season one was definitely too violent and dramatic to be aired just about anywhere. There's a reason all of the other seasons are tonally different. I'm not sure if seasons two and three even had blood in it.

American culture is different than Chinese.
American sjw parents would be triggered if they saw their children watching some of these scenes.

did we have SJW parents then? Its always crazy christian parents who hate on shit like this. SJWs are the kids who hate on shit like this

Apparently, these are pretty rare. They were hard to find in 2008. In 2012, they were described as impossible. Remember, the show came out in 2006. Fans post their collections on this forum I've been looking through.

Whaat the hell?

I've been looking through all of their threads about the next show, but oddly enough, none of them are asking about the old characters or whether they will show up again. Those characters haven't been used in years, yet the monkey is back now, so aren't they the least bit curious if well see the others?

The sketch comedy show took place in different settings. In one episode, Sally was literally a snake who turned into normal to fight. They're used in all manner of different ways.

Those comedy cartoons, oddly, came out before the super serious dramatic cartoon.

can someone give me any description of what these characters are like? Is Cat a classic Hero? What the hell is the bunnies deal? Does Sally have a personality since she is controlled?

Without translations, it's going to be difficult for most people to get a feel for their personality types. It's one of the reasons nobody is drawing art even though we first started having these threads a week ago. I think we got two drawings, altogether.

You can always go by a poor translation of the Chinese wiki, but those things tend to sound like love letters in the best of times. When run through Google's translation, it's probably even worse.

This is the first season, right?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLObpOEBMnPJ0Wkon1rqsW-7TqpjyMPuLc

Okay so I transcribed and (Google) translated the dialogue in the first episode of this series:

Translation:
pastebin.com/LmJmb8Qs

Original Chinese (excluding intro and outtro):
pastebin.com/2n9qc3zV

I don't speak Chinese, and it took me six hours to do this, so I dunno if I'm going to do this again.