Do you ever just feel bad for a character?

Do you ever just feel bad for a character?

Do you just want them to be happy?

Yes. I felt like that for Tom and Johnny sometimes.

>Do you just want them to be happy?
why did you post him?
>goodlooking
>confident
>funny
>lots of friends

What if there actually was a handsome man in the house and it wasn't Johnny? What would happen to him, huh?!

He's all that, but he barely has any friends. He also never gets a break despite what he's willing to put up with.

It just goes to show Johhny is actually a pretty sweeet guy who only happens to have a passing resemblance to Albert Wesker

>That episode where Karen has to BRIBE a customer to visit the chum bucket

Thats when you know youre fucked, your own wife is paying people to try and keep your dreams alive

>Albert Wesker
kek

Velma chose her work over him

Yeah, Boxdog. Remember her?

He's a cunt but the kind of cunt I like. I actually felt happy for him in this issue. Seeing that he actually had friends and people who's willing to spend time with him out of the blue.

>Velma chose her work over him

Yeah, but she chose Johnny over Dexter.

Johnny isn't sweet, he's incredibly selfish and self serving. It's part of why he's funny.

Dexter was never really in the running though. It looked like he just developed a crush on her, if my memory serves.

That would be like saying all the girls I've had crushes on in my life chose someone else over me.

Professor Triple Extra Large gets his lab ruined by a kid and his dumbass monkey.

Then when he tries to make the ultimate snow cone flavor the KND ruin everything.

It felt like kind of an odd balance at times, especially if you take the CN bumpers into account where he's kinder and more relateable.

If he was that sweet on a typical show episode, him getting dumped constantly would come off as more sad rather than funny, albeit more realistic.

remmeber the girl who turned into a werewolf? He was willing to put up with most of the shit she did until she turned into danny devito.

I honestly don't think any girl's given him much of a chance. Would like to have seen more of this >my glasses! I can't see without my glasses!
>my glasses! I can't be seen without my sunglasses!

Dexter, now THERE'S a character I always felt sorry for. Sure he's a genius with a super lab, but his parents fundamentally don't understand him and probably never will, and while spouting how much she loves him, his sister destroys any and everything he ever tries to create.

Sure he has some hubris problems but Deedee only legitimately felt remorse for her actions twice in all the shows, and only once did fuck-all about it, and again, his parents are oblivious to who he really is in all the wrong ways.

I have fatherly feelings towards Spongebob

Dexter could have bonded with his senile super genius grandpa but he wasn't there to see he was the real deal. That always pissed me off as a kid. Dexter needs someone to appreciate him.

Yes, every christmas cake characters in anime

...He had a senile super genius grandpa?

Are you referencing the episode where he made himself super older, or was this one from the season after the show was supposed to end?

It was from the third season, yeah. His grandpa had a dinky lab in the garage that Dexter totally underestimated. After Dexter ran away, the lab produced infinite energy or some shit.

I'm a little reticent to count that since third season Dexter was mostly garbage without Gendy around, but it sounds cuter than anything from that season has a right to be.

He'd HAVE friends if he didn't shove Suzy and Carl away.

>I'm a little reticent to count that since third season Dexter was mostly garbage without Gendy around,

Post Ego Trip was bad, yeah, but there really were some gems in there that are worth keeping.

Mandark's expanded hippy family was fuckin great. The Wacky Races episode was the shit. The one with Grandpa was also pretty good and actually called back to the "Dexter gets old" episode from the first season (in that cartoon Deedee kept mistaking Dexter for their grandfather, and when we meet the actual Grandpa he looks just like Old Dexter).

>Mandark's expanded hippy family was fuckin great.

Don't be a tasteless faggot: that was awful.

Why couldn't Dick win one race?

>once got disqualified for winning by extending the front of his car
>pretty sure Peter Perfect or Red Max did the same thing and didn't get disqualified

Your wife who you created out of loneliness

I remember I always felt bad for Catdog because their life was so shit and bullies and greedy fucks always won in the end, even when Catdog were trying to do the right thing. Hell I think multiple episodes of Catdog ended with them being eaten alive in the end, one time even by their friends (in the thanksgiving episode)

I also always rooted for the Edds on EE&E but a lot of the time they had it coming and they actually had a few wins.

>Do you ever just feel bad for a character?
>Do you just want them to be happy?
Yes

He did win a race at least once. I saw an episode where he won.

Because Dick has principles and he sticks to them.

If he can't win by cheating then he'd rather not win at all.

At least he grows to be handsome

Wasn't the werewolf girl only dating him to get back at some ex of her's? Or am I getting her confused with the antelope?

Tom, from Tom and Jerry. Especially on the episode where he's not doing anything and Jerry just decides to fuck his life for the lulz, or when Jerry was being an actual pest and stealing the whole content of the refrigerator and Tom still gets fucked.

Also, sometimes for Willy Coyote in Roadrunner. Tom at least get a few wins or draws, but Coyote just suffers.

>Wasn't the werewolf girl only dating him to get back at some ex of her's? Or am I getting her confused with the antelope?

Antelope. She was using him to get revenge on her ex boyfriend (a crab).

The werewolf girl was genuinely interested in Johnny, but she also transformed into a balding fat man, so Johnny had to draw the line.

Sup Forums feels thread?

>They never followed up with his son, who disowned him

But thank god we got that episode about Dipper dating!

Yes they did.

It's in the credits of the series finale, he and his son are sipping drinks together while lounging on top of pool floaty beds in the mansion he bought.

So it's canon that Velma likes older guys?

lmao

>So it's canon that Velma likes older guys?

You need context.

Those bumpers were done at a time when the Scooby cast had been aged up to adults following Scooby Doo on Zombie Island. They didn't get returned to being teenagers until Mystery Incorporated.

>You can pinpoint the exact moment her heart rips in half

Yeah, seriously. Carl just wanted a normal life. Maybe bang a few hotties. His neighbors were just the worst neighbors in existence.

Johnny is canonically only 17, so it's not that weird.

I always assumed he was a little bit older than that, if he was 17 he'd still have to be in school, wouldn't he?

He is an egocentric psycho for sure, but there were times I felt bad for him.

He wants the recognition of his bosses so badly that he doesn't realize they openly dislike and mock him, his own race despises him, his plans to conquer Earth always end in failure and his only friend is a retarded robot. And then one of the recent comics reveals he will actually take over Earth in the future, but his past self ends up ruining everything.

It was pretty much the same thing for the Eds, except they won a few times and even got a happy ending in the movie.

You are incorrect sir, there is a J.Bravo episode where it's his Birthday and he says he's 20-somthing

Bullshit Johnny was a grown ass man the joke is that he even for a muscle grown man, Johnny is a mama's boy

Why didn't he sell his robots or any of his tech instead?

Dexter canonically is stuck in a loop like sequence where he spends his whole life trying to make infinite energy, gets too old to finish his work, clones himself and his family hoping his clone will do better, ends up discovering a source of infinite energy but is too senile to do anything with it and then he dies and his clone does everything all over again

Plankton didn't want to bank on the gifts he was given, he wanted to forge his own destiny in life and become a restaurateur.

He did in one of the recent episodes, but that was just to exchange it for signatures.

Actaully this has been brought up and it's his family trade (advance engineering) but he wants to be a burger man.

as added bonus kid probably released a dangerous strain of salmonella fitzgerald into the world

..Is this Season 3 bullshit or was this from Ego Trip and I missed it?

It's bullshit

This guy didn't deserve the level of shit flung at him

I guess this show was pretty mean-spirited in general, but man, this fucking guy took it from everyone

That's a dad for you.

I loved his character. Him and the granny were great.

Don't worry user, Johnny knows what he's doing

Remember that time his wife started openly flirting with another dude and when he got mad the other dude kicked his shit in, and all Trudy did was laugh at Oscar?

Johnny Bravo was an SJW show about convincing kids that women weren't interested in buff alpha males.

That is an outright lie though. The only reason Johnny fail is because it was seen as a stuck-up idiot (where deep down he is one of the kindest guy ever) but generally if it wasn't for that girls would be all over him. If anything the show was a lesson of how having a personality actually matters while doubling you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

No, because I try hard to repress my memories of this show

Penny was kinda cute though

Hey Sup Forums, fuck off.

>(where deep down he is one of the kindest guy ever)
For any act of altruism Johnny did, you could point to hundreds of selfish ones. He was a dumb jerk, he was just a funny optimistic one so you can still root for him to get out of trouble.

>If anything the show was a lesson of how having a personality actually matters while doubling you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.
Not to mention he was honest. There was that early episode where the sweet, kind, sensitive guy was just faking it to get into girls beds, and that guy was shown to be a fucking asshole. Johnny Bravo might have been a jerk but at least he was straightforward with his intentions, he didn't try to weasel his way in through faux-kindness.

Yeah but he could avoid half of what happens to him if he wasn't a screw up.

Johnny has three friends that aren't his mom and he hates two of them, while Pops mostly just uses him for whatever.

This basically.
JB was a Pepé Le Pew cartoon except he actually got karma in the end.
Being an idiot certainly helped his likability, there were times he showed genuine care for his Mama

On the one hand, Carl is generally shown to be a terrible person. But, also still not terrible enough to deserve some of the shit he goes through in the show.

On the other, I get the feel the idea behind Carl is that he's someone who peaked early, and is, on some level, aware of that fact, and reflects his bitterness to everyone around him, and him acting out in the way he does (like, say, calling girls he knew in high school in the middle of the night and coming on to them) is the only way he can see himself getting attention.

This one
For me its also worse knowing that if zim and dib were both a tad more aware/in a different situation they'd get along great and each have a friend for once in their miserable lives
The few times they worked together in the show they balanced each other out enough to actually get shit done
And then in the comic, when dib pretends to be an alien intern for zim and zim ends up considering him enough of a good helper that he takes him to space to crush tiny planets with him
>mfw Dib falls asleep on zim

>tfw rewatching and it isn't as funny because you know women would actually love a big dumb asshole like Johnny
How come women hate nice guys?

Go back to you containment board

I tricked you! I was only pretending to be a nice guy!

The problem is that there is no way for Johnny to achieve max happiness without fucking up the status quo of him being an asshole that every women rejects.

Much more often than I should...

Why don't you go back to yours?

>tfw Carol will never lick your face with her big, sloppy antelope tongue.

>Also, sometimes for Willy Coyote in Roadrunner. Tom at least get a few wins or draws, but Coyote just suffers.
to be fair that's harder to pull off since Coyote's plan is to eat the Roadrunner(or Bugs in one or two shorts), while Tom's plans are usually just to get Jerry out of the house(and only escalate to full on attempted murder due to Jerry being a stubborn dick)

agreed, which is a shame because he's honestly one of the best Disney Dads(which are pretty rare overall)

Wile is also always absolutely the bad guy though. The roadrunner doesn't even hurt him, he's always hoisted on his own petard.

>he's honestly one of the best Disney Dads
Man he didn't deserve a lot of the shit he got, but he was still a selfish loser who would manipulate or neglect his kids as often as he would support them, and whose claim to fame was being an incredibly shitty snack maker.

>Dexter
>Canon

Carl and who?

The little girl?

Carl, Suzy and Pops are his friends. They're the only people who are willing to spend prolonged time around him.

What about the deer.

Wait, you said people, nevermind.

The deer who spent a single night talking to him in a single episode? Do people think Johnny Bravo was just that episode, some twenty minute OVA that CN produced?

Huh
>Be short glass wearing round-looking nerd
>Grow to be a twig glass wearing nerd
>Adult age gets fit, but also loses hair, grows a beard, still wears glasses
I can relate to this.

Johnny did quite a few things wrong when trying to pick up women. what you said had nothing to do with the fact that he was a selfish idiot

Thats a very nice waifu you have there, mind if i take her?